Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-24-2011, 06:26 PM   #91

C.R.I.S. camera has my K5 and said they will rush it Thur the system and all I can do is wait and see what happens. I got my first body in November 2010 and the others in Dec.. I just wonder what they do with all of the bad ones and how many are disabled do to one thing or another. I hope buy sending mine in to Pentax and not just trading it in for another one that is bad because the seller will not check the ones the have. Sit a wait is all I can do. Later :-}

01-24-2011, 07:07 PM   #92
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Smeggypants Quote
Yet are you OK with the person I was responding to insulting those who have the low light FF problem by saying ...

... ?
I was just saying your comment against an individual could be against the forum rules (I am not too sure though, abut it doesn't bother me, just staing that it could be against the rules).....and, no I don't agree with the the other guy and had posted so previously but his comment was more general and didn't sound like it would be against the rules.....but, none of this really bothers me at all, I was just trying to help/warn you on the rules.
01-24-2011, 07:14 PM   #93
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Urkeldaedalus Quote
The problem is that legitimate concerns often spiral into indictments of the entire camera. Problems focusing properly under certain conditions grows into, "I can't use my camera at above ISO3200 so why bother" (not true) or "The K-5 can't get anything in focus" (also not true) or "This is just another example of how Pentax autofocus sucks!" (well, kind of true. But the K-5 AF is a mostly great improvement over past efforts)

For example, when Falconeye showed the K-7 had some shutter blur problems under certain conditions (wide angles at f- stop 1/100) this all of a sudden became the de facto explanation for all sorts of blurry shots from people who weren't educated about what the problem actually was. As a fellow K-7 user, I'm sure you know that you have to try pretty hard to actually run into this problem, even though it exists and I'm pretty sure Pentax never solved that problem either. Doesn't make the K-7 a bad camera.

Now you've got this FF problem that has festered so totally out of proportion as to have one thread shut down and another started again to no real positive result. So blowback against threads like this becomes as inevitable as the complaints themselves, even if the intent of the original poster was innocent.

The K-5 is a great camera (the best I've ever owned) with a few flaws, some of which will hopefully be fixed, others likely will not. Personally I believe the K-5's flaws have been blown way out of proportion. This said, it's also OK if you don't want to buy it.
+1 and very well written. Thanks Urk!

NaCl(or would you rather be daedaly? )H2O
01-24-2011, 07:18 PM   #94
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Move along. Nothing more to see here.
closed

Closed Thread