Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 13 Likes Search this Thread
02-02-2011, 12:19 PM   #106
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dexmus Quote
I was being sarcastic in my second reply. I thought the sarcasm was obvious.

Wheatfield was going after Rupert for no reason, so I decided to summarize that.
OK then

I take that back.

It's just that i've heard such 'nonsense' from people who actually mean it.

02-02-2011, 04:24 PM   #107
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dexmus Quote

Wheatfield was going after Rupert for no reason,
I had ample reason. Probably 15 posts of reason.
02-02-2011, 04:48 PM   #108

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
just because you could, doesn't mean you should. you come across as a pedantic curmudgeon. i don't know you much, but bullying folks into your arrogant viewpoint does no service.

-raph
02-02-2011, 05:32 PM   #109
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by raphtze Quote
just because you could, doesn't mean you should. you come across as a pedantic curmudgeon. i don't know you much, but bullying folks into your arrogant viewpoint does no service.

-raph
Well, the obvious answer to that is to do things my way.

02-02-2011, 07:46 PM   #110
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote

15 posts of very reasonable and logical conclusions, and you "didn't get it" in a single one.......that speaks volumes.
Regards
02-02-2011, 08:12 PM   #111
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
15 posts of very reasonable and logical conclusions, and you "didn't get it" in a single one.......that speaks volumes.
Regards
I "got it" after the first half dozen.
As the number of repetitions approached two dozen, it became increasingly evident that you had nothing new to say and that you were just adding noise to an already pointless "discussion".
02-02-2011, 08:14 PM   #112
Veteran Member

Regarding the FF issue, here's a question I'd like to pose before yet another thread is closed down (I'm certainly not going to create a new thread):

Has anyone in PentaxForums sent their K5 to Pentax for warranty repair specifically for the FF issue and had it returned in perfect working order? What was the turnaround? I'm not interested in cases where folks 1) received a working replacement camera in a store exchange or 2) know a friend who had it serviced successfully.

In my case (bad FF) I contacted Pentax and will be sending it off for warranty service. I'm interested to know how others have fared.

02-02-2011, 09:04 PM   #113

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
15 posts of very reasonable and logical conclusions
If only it was just 15 posts!!!!!!!

The K5 lemons continue.........17 posts
Relevant news re-malfunctioning AF....22 posts
Some perspective on the K5 issue.....8 posts
Is anyone else bummed........7 posts
Who cares for bad AF........8 posts
Plus a few in other threads.

Pentax have admitted there is a problem and are working on it.

Most owners have been level headed and responsible. They have accepted there is a problem and are awaiting for Pentax to fix it.

Your continual posting is adding nothing to fixing the problem. It is adding nothing to the Pentax brand name and scaring potential buyers away(Great...less money for R&D and QC)

AND it adds nothing to the reputation of this Forum.

Regards
02-02-2011, 09:50 PM   #114
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MrPetkus Quote
Regarding the FF issue, here's a question I'd like to pose before yet another thread is closed down (I'm certainly not going to create a new thread):

Has anyone in PentaxForums sent their K5 to Pentax for warranty repair specifically for the FF issue and had it returned in perfect working order? What was the turnaround? I'm not interested in cases where folks 1) received a working replacement camera in a store exchange or 2) know a friend who had it serviced successfully.

In my case (bad FF) I contacted Pentax and will be sending it off for warranty service. I'm interested to know how others have fared.

I cant help you question about fixed FF, but i did read here somewhere about a beta test firmware that's supposed to fix the FF...but it may be just a rumor..

how bad is you FF, what the serial of the body and build date....not being nosey..just trying to get a handle if a pattern is forming with the K5s that have bad FF....mine is in the 39xx no stains...minor FF
02-02-2011, 10:00 PM   #115
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ivor K Ecks Quote

Most owners have been level headed and responsible. They have accepted there is a problem and are awaiting for Pentax to fix it.

Your continual posting is adding nothing to fixing the problem. It is adding nothing to the Pentax brand name and scaring potential buyers away(Great...less money for R&D and QC)

Regards
at least Rupert is passionate, but maybe this time its comes as a fixation ....this forum gets like that ...

in the last shut down thread, I posted a link to some high ISO shots that I've just done..while nothing special..it shows that My K5 is a very good tool for real world captures..not so good at tortures tests...although some of you poor buggers have K5's that aren't good at all.

Point of this post...is ..take a breath..use the tools we have bought...lets see some photos ..Im not in deNILE...just waiting for news { firmware} and enjoying what I have right now
02-02-2011, 10:08 PM   #116

QuoteOriginally posted by Ivor K Ecks Quote

Regards
Ya, the nerve of that guy. How dare he talk about Pentax in a Pentax internet chat forum.
02-03-2011, 01:08 AM   #117
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Zugzwang Quote
Ya, the nerve of that guy. How dare he talk about Pentax in a Pentax internet chat forum.
Objectively? In context? Responding to information presented in a factual way? That is the key.
02-03-2011, 06:04 AM   #118
Veteran Member

Here's some perspective on the K-5 issues.

I received my third K-5 yesterday from B&H, s/n 398xxxxxxx. There is no trace at all of any sensor stains. That's the good news.

OTOH, the FF issue is still there and perhaps as bad as the other two. (the other two were s/n 386xxxxxxx, 395xxxxxx). This puts me in the position of having to decide whether to wait for a Pentax "fix", try to return the camera for a full refund (if possible), then decide whether to keep using my K100DS and wait it out or start selling off my Pentax gear (I have 18 lenses) and switch brands (I really don't want to do that).

I will most likely do some side-by-side testing, K-5 vs. K100DS, and send the results to Pentax for an opinion as to whether this is a repairable issue or an inherent design defect. Of course If I take this course I will probably miss my window of opportunity for a return for a refund.

That's about as much perspective as I can muster at this time.

BTW, I should mention that B&H has been great so far with accepting the returns without hassle. I even left my memory card in the last one and they were kind enough to return it with the new camera after I sent them an email asking that they look for it.
02-03-2011, 06:20 AM   #119
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by areidjr Quote
OTOH, the FF issue is still there and perhaps as bad as the other two.
Have you tried setting the focus adjustment to -10 (or maybe in your case it is +10) for all lenses. In my case, that solved the focus problems.

Also, if this is possible, try LiveView with "contrast focus". In my case, that also fixed the tungsten focus issues.

HTH
02-03-2011, 06:54 AM   #120
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by areidjr Quote

I received my third K-5 yesterday from B&H, s/n 398xxxxxxx. There is no trace at all of any sensor stains. That's the good news.

OTOH, the FF issue is still there...

(Should I) start selling off my Pentax gear (I have 18 lenses) and switch brands...(?)
While I framed your observation as a question, you really did not ask for advice, but may I...?

Eighteen lenses with a K100DS and you are obsessing over marginal light FF from a K-5?

You will NEVER... EVER... be pleased. Quickly sell off your gear and GO... quckly!

If you play your cards right, once the sale is completed, you will be well on the way toward getting that Leica M9 you've always wanted (ps... it has low light FF issues, too...)

Case closed... M

BTW: Which lenses will you be selling?