Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 27 Likes Search this Thread
02-01-2011, 02:57 PM   #121
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Actually I would submit that through these forums, they do have knowledge. They just don't have first hand experience. There is a difference.

02-01-2011, 03:10 PM   #122
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
Actually I would submit that through these forums, they do have knowledge. They just don't have first hand experience. There is a difference.

Precisely. They have knowledge of claims made by people who may or may not know what they are talking about. They have no first hand experience.
02-01-2011, 03:25 PM   #123
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jthommo Quote
Precisely. They have knowledge of claims made by people who may or may not know what they are talking about. They have no first hand experience.
Oh, Jeremy, grab an umbrella, stay inside, and ride out the cyclone. My only point in starting this thread is that I'm a bit disappointed with too many lemons being made in the Hoya lemon house; especially so because I plan to purchase the K-5 and soon. You must admit, though, that quite a few lemon malcontents have reared their head? Makes one think there's a little more than crying wolf with far too many lemon owners. I rest my case. Keep clicking, mon ami.
02-01-2011, 03:31 PM   #124
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by donallison13 Quote
I rest my case.
I hope so. Let's hear no more hysteria Don.

02-01-2011, 03:32 PM   #125

Just to give an idea of the other side of the spectrum, in my case, the situation is not as bad as JeffJS... This is one of the ~200 pictures I took on the week-end, all close-ups, f11 and smaller with ring-flash. This is a crop, the stain is visible between the 2 lines. As I said before this is PP-able, but takes time...

Gene
Attached Images

02-01-2011, 03:43 PM   #126

JeffJS, nice collection! I particularly like the Gretsch ladies and the 340! Rare! Is that a stainless steel pickguard on the strat? Nice!
Here are my ladies. Not exactly a collection but all played regularly, especially the 1982 Jazz-Bass. I am primarly a Bass player. This one is really tweaked with a BadAss II bridge and 2 BassLines "hot" pickups and extra shielding...

Now for the Pentax part (so that it does not get deleted by the Moderators), I believe I took this with the K5 (or was it the K7? and DA12-24

Address withheld...

Gene
Attached Images

02-01-2011, 04:22 PM   #127

gene gorgeous photo, the colors are great. one thing is for certain....i do like the K-5's take on color a lot

-raph

02-01-2011, 04:39 PM   #128

QuoteOriginally posted by raphtze Quote
gene gorgeous photo, the colors are great. one thing is for certain....i do like the K-5's take on color a lot

-raph
Thanks. The colors, the IQ, the latitude... everything about this cam is great... if only...
02-01-2011, 04:45 PM   #129
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by xGene Quote
JeffJS, nice collection! I particularly like the Gretsch ladies and the 340! Rare! Is that a stainless steel pickguard on the strat? Nice!
Here are my ladies. Not exactly a collection but all played regularly, especially the 1982 Jazz-Bass. I am primarly a Bass player. This one is really tweaked with a BadAss II bridge and 2 BassLines "hot" pickups and extra shielding...

Now for the Pentax part (so that it does not get deleted by the Moderators), I believe I took this with the K5 (or was it the K7? and DA12-24

Address withheld...

Gene
Nice

You mean Bettie... Had to think about that for a second. I had a jazz band after high school where I played bass. It was a borrowed one though, Fender Precision bass IIRC. It was quite old then (tweed case) and I wish I had it now. Between that and the 67 black face bassman, I'd have quite a bass setup right now. Never would have felt right about keeping it though. The pick guard on the stratocaster (79) I do believe is stainless but it was at one time chrome plated. You can see (or not) it has a lot of wear and I have a replacement for it. Someday I may put it on there.

Since the location remains undisclosed I imagine I won't be walking out with that FA*28-70 or FA*70-200 either (to keep it in the camera vein).

All of the guitar pics were taken with the K5, and most, with a Pentax SMC 28/f2.0 K lens, no flash. That's one of the reasons I'm so disappointed to send my K5 back..

02-01-2011, 04:46 PM   #130
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jthommo Quote
They are doing themselves no credit by endlessly whining about problems of which they have no knowledge. A better course of action might be to watch the forums and the posts from those of us who have the K5 and when they judge the time is right go out and buy.

This is the point I've been trying to make as well. There's legitimate complaining, and then there is childish sniveling.
At the moment, a lot of people have moved from the former to the latter.
We all want the thing fixed, if for no other reason than so that the incessant and annoyingly repetitive noise will stop.
02-01-2011, 04:50 PM   #131

QuoteOriginally posted by xGene Quote
Thanks. The colors, the IQ, the latitude... everything about this cam is great... if only...
so close right???? hehe well i think in a couple more months, i firmly believe there will be a happy fix for us. hopefully those on the fence may make a happy decision then too.

-raph
02-01-2011, 04:52 PM   #132

QuoteOriginally posted by raphtze Quote
in a couple more months
i'm being conservative here.....being that in 2 months *everything* will be addressed.....hehe

-raph
02-01-2011, 05:11 PM   #133
Banned

Original Poster
Heck, if I knew I was going to get a great working copy with all the issues resolved and in only two months time, then I wouldn't care if they renamed it the "K-L (The Lemon)."
02-01-2011, 05:19 PM   #134
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by donallison13 Quote
Heck, if I knew I was going to get a great working copy with all the issues resolved and in only two months time, then I wouldn't care if they renamed it the "K-L (The Lemon)."
You're having far too much fun with this, Don

I hope that my quest for a good K-5 ends tomorrow.
02-01-2011, 05:27 PM   #135
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by areidjr Quote
You're having far too much fun with this, Don

I hope that my quest for a good K-5 ends tomorrow.
Yes, Al, I hope it's a great working copy, especially given your skills. I personally believe that you NEED the K-5 in order to take full advantage of your skills, especially low-light portraiture sessions in natural light. I can see the good stuff now. Best of luck. Don
Closed Thread