Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 27 Likes Search this Thread
02-02-2011, 09:33 AM   #166
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Great tactic...attack the poster when the problem, documented by the majority here is the Camera! I did not produce the camera or the reported defects, but if you can direct attention to me as being the Culprit, then the problems reported won't exist....right?

There are a lot of very frustrated and unhappy K5 users, beating on old Rupert will not make them go away, as you hope. It won't help to convince Retailers to continue carrying Pentax if you tell them it is "all Rupert's fault" ...will it? The Elephant in the room is the defective K5's, and you can point to Rupert all day or forever, but it won't change the facts as already reported here over and over. The internet is already full of "Lemon Reports", and I didn't write a one of them........but you want to credit me with reports of defective cameras, when I couldn't possibly do that....remember, I don't own one. I do however have SDM experience...you want to hear about that?
Regards!
The problem is twofold.
One is a very minor issue with the equipment that is being blown way out of proportion considering how many people and picture taking opportunities it will affect.
And yes, while minor, it does need to be addressed.

My understanding from wading through the noise in this forum for some relevant data is that there is a firmware fix in either alpha or beta testing right now.

The other one, and the one that seems less easily addressed is the ongoing litany of posters saying pretty much exactly the same thing, post after post after post after post after post.
Twenty one times in your case, and I could probably have found more, but I think I made my point.
If you don't want to have the repetitiveness of your posts pointed out to you, perhaps you should be less repetitive.

What numerous and repetitive posts do, in a very real way, is mask any relevant information regarding the situation being resolved. If a person has to wade through a hundred or so posts of repetitive garbage, it is entirely possible that he or she will miss the one relevant post indicating a viable workaround or even news that a fix is available.

Pray tell, how is masking relevant news with the white noise that you are posting going to help our fellow Pentax shooters that await a fix?

02-02-2011, 09:38 AM   #167

QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
Nice

Since the location remains undisclosed I imagine I won't be walking out with that FA*28-70 or FA*70-200 either (to keep it in the camera vein).

Nope... perhaps in exchange for Bettie... In fact, I'm not using either very much anymore. They are very good lenses optically, but they are showing their age otherwise: FA*28-70 => no internal focusing, rotating front element, heavy weight... FA*80-200 => superb optically but this thing is like carrying an anvil around! I wish they could re-issue the optical formula in a more "user friendly" package! There was a time I was shooting "semi" pro, I used to carry around two pZ-1p with the above lenses around my neck... that might explain my deviated cervical disks today! In fact, I haven't even tried them on my k5 yet

Gene
02-02-2011, 09:44 AM   #168
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dexmus Quote
I am with Wheatfield. He is a PRO with 30 years of experience shooting weddings. We have solutions for every one of your whiny little problems.

Problem 1 - k5 has stains.
Solution 1 - You don't know how to use your equipment. Just a bunch of dust. Man up and clean it, and stop whining.
Solution 2 (when lot of people started complaining) - Not applicable. Never used an aperture less than f12, and I never will. Dismissed. Stop whining.
Solution 3 - You don't own a k-5. Get out of the thread.

Problem 2 - k-5 doesn't work very well with external flash.
Solution 1 - You don't know how to use your equipment.
Solution 2 (when lot of people started complaining) - Not applicable. I don't use a flash the way you do.

Problem 3 - k-5 can't focus accurately in low light.
Solution 2 (when lot of people started complaining) - Not applicable. I don't shoot in the dark. You will never need to take that shot in real life. Man up and stop whining.

Problem 4 - k-5 freezes randomly.
Solution 2 (when lot of people started complaining) - Not applicable. I never use Af-C mode. My camera has never frozen. Man up and stop whining.

And for every one of your appeals to Pentax to fix a problem, I will post a perfectly framed and well focused shot from my spanking new k-5.
To clarify for you, I'm a pro with 40 years experience, but nearly 30 years with Pentax.

Better still, man up and send your camera for repairs if you have a defective one...
It's what grown ups do.
It's been this way since long before the internet turned us into snot nosed children.

Last edited by Wheatfield; 02-02-2011 at 10:06 AM.
02-02-2011, 09:51 AM   #169

QuoteOriginally posted by dexmus Quote
I am with Wheatfield. He is a PRO with 30 years of experience shooting weddings. We have solutions for every one of your whiny little problems.

Problem 1 - k5 has stains.
Solution 1 - You don't know how to use your equipment. Just a bunch of dust. Man up and clean it, and stop whining.
Solution 2 (when lot of people started complaining) - Not applicable. Never used an aperture less than f12, and I never will. Dismissed. Stop whining.

Problem 2 - k-5 doesn't work very well with external flash.
Solution 2 (when lot of people started complaining) - Not applicable. I don't use a flash the way you do.

Problem 3 - k-5 can't focus accurately in low light.
Solution 2 (when lot of people started complaining) - Not applicable. I don't shoot in the dark. You will never need to take that shot in real life. Man up and stop whining.

Problem 4 - k-5 freezes randomly.
Solution 2 (when lot of people started complaining) - Not applicable. I never use Af-C mode. My camera has never frozen. Man up and stop whining.

And for every one of your appeals to Pentax to fix a problem, I will post a perfectly framed and well focused shot from my spanking new k-5.
Good for you! But I'm not sure what this has to do with anything... There are other here with 30+ years experience in photography... Yours truly has 35+ actually . All Pentax since day 1. So what? I'm still interested in reading how things develop on this matter.

There is in fact a very simple solution to this problem: if you don't like a thread, just ignore it. Leave the so-called "whinners" debate the matter among themselves and move on! Should not be so much of a challenge?

Peace!

Gene

02-02-2011, 10:07 AM - 1 Like   #170
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
.................and another one bites the dust.

closed
Closed Thread