Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-06-2011, 09:00 AM - 1 Like   #31
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Then stop feeding him material......

"Done with the squirrelbrain & his sycophants"

When you are losing the battle on the facts, switch to personal attacks, right Wheatfield?

The facts have been all over this Forum, the Poll was not from aliens crossing the border under cover of darkness, it was by Members here that own K5's and signed their names to their vote. Since they are on the internet, they are no longer "valid"....but if they love their K5 .....they are! Can you explain that?

None of this is complicated, Pentax delivered a camera that has some problems of significance for some users. Those users want remedies, not berating and insults that they are stupid, unqualified, and just malcontent losers. They want to be in the group that is fully satisfied, why is that such a problem for a few of you? Surely you don't find joy in their misery, do you? Think about it...if the shoe was on your foot how would you feel about your treatment here on this Forum?

BTW- You need to get a dictionary, it would be hard to imagine us whiners as sycophants. If we were we would be beating the crap out of complainers, as you are trying to do.

Regards

02-06-2011, 10:15 AM   #32
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
... Pentax delivered a camera that has some problems of significance for some users. Those users want remedies ...
I think right here is the point. There is a remedy, a process by which to get the problem solved, yet there are about 10 of you that need to hijack every thread to tell us over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over that Pentax screwed up.

We know, they admitted it, they're fixing it. Can we please move on.
02-06-2011, 11:16 AM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by GregK8 Quote
I think right here is the point. There is a remedy, a process by which to get the problem solved, yet there are about 10 of you that need to hijack every thread to tell us over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over that Pentax screwed up.

We know, they admitted it, they're fixing it. Can we please move on.

So you are the one with some information from Hoya that the Focus issues are being addressed? You read that from them? You heard an admission? Can you please share that with us? No one has been talking of the sensor stains since they made their public announcement, it is history, as it should be. The focus problems have never been addressed, unless you can show otherwise, and the wheels that squeak don't stop until they are greased. Moving on is not so easy when you have a defective camera, but you don't seem to recognize that? Moving on when you want to buy a new K5 and not play FedX Roulette is also not easy. Why you can't understand this, is beyond comprehension. Please post that inside information, many are waiting.......
Regards
02-06-2011, 12:21 PM   #34
Site Supporter

There are now at least two responses from Pentax service dept.s floating around saying the engineers are aware of the problem and are working on a fix. What do you want, a full page ad in the New York Times?

02-06-2011, 12:24 PM   #35

There are now at least two responses from Pentax service dept.s floating around saying the engineers are aware of the problem and are working on a fix. What do you want, a full page ad in the New York Times?
Do you have a link? I have heard of them but I cant find them.
02-06-2011, 01:00 PM   #37
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
He has stock in Nikon so give him a break, Even if the camera was a piece of crap he would still promote Nikon.
02-06-2011, 01:10 PM   #38

QuoteOriginally posted by Zugzwang Quote
Do you have a link? I have heard of them but I cant find them.
Ya, I have seen those, but no credible response from Pentax yet.
Hope they are true.

02-06-2011, 01:17 PM   #39
Site Supporter

Ya, I have seen those, but no credible response from Pentax yet.
Hope they are true.
By credible do you mean a posting on their website instead of an email from their CS people?
02-06-2011, 01:26 PM   #40

By credible do you mean a posting on their website instead of an email from their CS people?
Yes. I emailed Pentax Canada and they are not aware of any problem. Just as credible as the German report.
02-06-2011, 02:30 PM   #41
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
"Done with the squirrelbrain & his sycophants"

When you are losing the battle on the facts, switch to personal attacks, right Wheatfield?

The facts have been all over this Forum, the Poll was not from aliens crossing the border under cover of darkness, it was by Members here that own K5's and signed their names to their vote. Since they are on the internet, they are no longer "valid"....but if they love their K5 .....they are! Can you explain that?

None of this is complicated, Pentax delivered a camera that has some problems of significance for some users. Those users want remedies, not berating and insults that they are stupid, unqualified, and just malcontent losers. They want to be in the group that is fully satisfied, why is that such a problem for a few of you? Surely you don't find joy in their misery, do you? Think about it...if the shoe was on your foot how would you feel about your treatment here on this Forum?

BTW- You need to get a dictionary, it would be hard to imagine us whiners as sycophants. If we were we would be beating the crap out of complainers, as you are trying to do.

Regards

Rupert.

it might have been better if you had stopped the above post with what I highlighted in Green, no need to keep rehashing the K5 issue, when its become obvious its now a issue between you and wheatfield..and you did promise not to continue your K5 crusade?...and posting your furry animals was a sign that you had moved on ?

as for what's in red.... remedies have been offered to K5 users...not from Pentax I know, but from other K5 owners giving work around's { F4 or higher, greater DOF , LV etc}

what you must also realise is one overwhelming fact....that apart from a very few users...{ i suspect have other issues rather than the typical FF} most K5 owners didn't know about any FF with their bodies until they do the torture test...in very Non real world shooting examples...last night I put my K5 through its paces again, this time low light taking real world images...perhaps two out of ten were off the pace...

I suggest you grab a 39xx or later serial K5...you will then see how minor this issue really is mate, rather than opting out due to the Internet overload of blown out proportion of K5 problems ....

and please don't drag up a post saying my perfect K5 would be changed if a fix comes out in hardware..of course I would, as Id rather have 10/10 than 8/10 photos..but 8/10 is still pretty good
02-06-2011, 03:05 PM   #42

I would love to see some real world examples of a 40mm or wider lens at f2.8 where there is no FF.Anyone care to share?
02-07-2011, 12:55 AM   #43
Veteran Member

I would love to see some real world examples of a 40mm or wider lens at f2.8 where there is no FF.Anyone care to share?
Ill see what I can do for you
02-07-2011, 08:48 AM   #44
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Fl_Gulfer Quote
He has stock in Nikon so give him a break, Even if the camera was a piece of crap he would still promote Nikon.
Maybe. He does praise the K-7 and the K-5 for their feature sets and design which are definite Pentax strengths, but he zeroes in on the one thing about Pentax compared to Nikon most users on PF complain about: sub-par AF.

I've used Nikon extensively and their AF is, hands-down, superior in a majority of shooting situations. Pentax needs a severe overhaul here.

The whole high ISO and sensor stuff is nonsense, but on AF, I cannot argue with his conclusion.

Pentax needs to work on:

1) AF
2) QC
3) Marketing
4) Menus
5) Flash
6) Thethering

They other guys need a Green Button, but...shhhhhhh! Don't tell them.
02-07-2011, 11:05 PM   #45
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I typed "Pentax K5" on Youtube and this video shows up on the first page of the search. I'd suggest not to generate more hits by clicking on the video.