Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-17-2011, 08:24 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I had the same sounds when I play my k-5 video in adobe premiere cs4 before.
but after I install some encode..everything is fine...

12-21-2011, 03:14 AM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sjwaldron Quote
The problem is Linux and has nothing to do with Pentax.
Nope. The problem is not Linux, it's a codec problem. I get the clipping sound on any OS with some codecs and no clipping sound on any OS with the right codec. And the problem has much to do with Pentax because how they implemented audio.
12-21-2011, 04:57 AM   #33

QuoteOriginally posted by simico Quote
... and no clipping sound on any OS with the right codec.
Which codec works for you?

I get the popping sound when I play it on my Samsung TV (via DLNA) however I've noticed that when I play on Windows with VLC I don't get the popping sound (although I thought I remember hearing it before on my Windows PC).

AB
04-23-2012, 10:21 AM   #34

Hi all,

got a Mac with OS X Lion. Pentax AVIs play fine in VLC and Quicktime. When I use Handbreak to convert the video to H.264 I get those ticks regardless of which codec I use for audio output. Any solutions, yet?

Regards,
Losty

04-24-2012, 05:58 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
At this point I think it comes down to anything that uses ffmpeg has the issue. What I do these days is extract out the audio with VLC through a terminal, edit the wav file as desired, and merge the wav and existing video data back together in a video editor. VLC is multiplatform, so this should work with a little modification.

Example:
vlc -I dummy /directory_path/IMGP9999.AVI --no-sout-video --sout "#std{access=file,mux=wav,dst=/directory_path/IMGP9999.wav}" vlc://quit
05-05-2012, 10:36 AM - 1 Like   #36

sjwaldron, thanks so much for the ffmpeg hint.

This just took me a few hours, but I found a quick and easy solution for Linux. Maybe this is useful for some.

avidemux2_cli --load <SOURCEFILE> --video-codec COPY --audio-codec COPY --save <NEWFILE-WITHOUT-CLICKING>
05-07-2012, 11:54 AM   #37

again: thanks for the ffmpeg hint...

here's some thump-free re-coding solution for mac: Batch Convert Videoclips on Mac OSX CLI using Quicktime : Losty's Blog

08-08-2012, 04:20 PM   #38
pbs
Inactive Account

I'm new to this forum. Pretty new K-5. Have the same, incredibly frustrating, 1Hz popping after converting my .avi files to mp4 using HandBrake. The consensus seems to be a codec problem. I use Windows 7. Does anybody yet have a definitive fix? Where to get a proper codec. I have the latest K-5 firmware installed. The .avi files sound fine; popping/clicking sound only after file conversion.

I tried a direct upload to YouTube using the native .avi file... same problem after YouTube converted the file. I don't have access to a Mac or Linux OS's but I do have a Vista machine (haven't tried that yet).

Today I might try conversion to MKV format (rather than MP4). Anyone tried that?

Thanks,
Peter
08-08-2012, 05:34 PM   #39
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pbs Quote
I'm new to this forum. Pretty new K-5. Have the same, incredibly frustrating, 1Hz popping after converting my .avi files to mp4 using HandBrake. The consensus seems to be a codec problem. I use Windows 7. Does anybody yet have a definitive fix? Where to get a proper codec. I have the latest K-5 firmware installed. The .avi files sound fine; popping/clicking sound only after file conversion.

I tried a direct upload to YouTube using the native .avi file... same problem after YouTube converted the file. I don't have access to a Mac or Linux OS's but I do have a Vista machine (haven't tried that yet).

Today I might try conversion to MKV format (rather than MP4). Anyone tried that?

Thanks,
Peter
Yes, I believe that FFMPEG is the problem. As I mentioned above, I use VLC to extract out the audio and put it together in my video editor (Kdenlive). It works every time. You could probably do various different things after you extract out the audio with something that won't show the issue (basically anything that can properly read the video/audio that isn't using FFMPEG and has the ability to pull the audio out). Youtube probably uses Linux and related software like FFMPEG to do their video processing, so that's why you see the issue after uploading it to them.
08-08-2012, 06:32 PM   #40
pbs
Inactive Account

Thanks so much! I'll give it a try. Do you think that's always going to be an issue with the K-5? It isn't a problem with my Canon.

Best regards,
Peter
08-11-2012, 06:28 AM   #41
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pbs Quote
Thanks so much! I'll give it a try. Do you think that's always going to be an issue with the K-5? It isn't a problem with my Canon.

Best regards,
Peter
The problem would have to be documented and sent to the FFMPEG software project. Someone would have to diagnose the problem and have the skills to fix the audio/video codec that has the problem.
08-11-2012, 08:16 AM   #42

Also works for windows!!

QuoteOriginally posted by Noisychip Quote
sjwaldron, thanks so much for the ffmpeg hint.

This just took me a few hours, but I found a quick and easy solution for Linux. Maybe this is useful for some.

avidemux2_cli --load <SOURCEFILE> --video-codec COPY --audio-codec COPY --save <NEWFILE-WITHOUT-CLICKING>
Thanks so much for the info!