Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: If you have owned a K-5, please choose the options that apply:
I own a K-5 and am completely satisfied with its performance. No problems. 3941.94%
I purchased a K-5 but returned it to the dealer after discovering problems. 55.38%
I purchased a K-5 but exchanged it with the dealer for a new K-5. 1819.35%
I own a K-5 that has been returned to Pentax and repaired to my satisfaction. 22.15%
I own a K-5 that has been returned to Pentax but has not been returned to me. 88.60%
I own a K-5 that has been returned to Pentax and was returned with problems not fixed. 44.30%
I own a K-5 that has problems but have not yet returned it for service. 1718.28%
My K-5 had a serial number starting with 38 and exhibited sensor stains. 3335.48%
My K-5 had a serial number starting with 39 or greater and exhibited sensor stains. 88.60%
My K-5 has/had problems with front or back focus. 1920.43%
My K-5 has/had problems with focus in tungsten/incandescent light. 2526.88%
My K-5 has/had problems with freezing during rapid shooting. 55.38%
My K-5 has/had problems with exposure when using external flash. 1313.98%
My K-5 has/had problems other than mentioned above. 55.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
02-04-2011, 09:15 AM   #1
Forum Member

K-5 Problems Poll

Please do not participate in this poll if you have never owned a Pentax K-5.

I hope posting this poll is OK.

I have searched for any resources that might help folks identify the severity and frequency of the various reported K-5 camera problems, but found nothing to that end. This poll was created to help anyone who might find this information helpful.

If you have purchased a K-5, even if you have returned it to the dealer for credit, please answer the poll about your experience.

02-04-2011, 09:23 AM   #2
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This is a great idea. I only hope that the wannabe "Lances" of the world are only able to post ONE time; otherwise, results will be skewed. Good stuff, though.

(And when all is said and done, someone should send the poll results to Hoya/Pentax, if for no other reason than to roll a few heads.)

Cheers, Tarheel Don
02-04-2011, 09:57 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Do you think that if someone votes for "no problems"and then later the K5 develops some issues mentioned here, that the results will be be skewed if the owner votes again?
Or maybe one cannot vote twice?
Just asking.

JP
02-04-2011, 10:01 AM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
I'm new here so I'm not sure how the polls work, but I assume you cannot vote twice or edit your vote once it's cast.

Hope someone else can clarify.

02-04-2011, 11:08 AM   #5
Inactive Account

QuoteQuote:
John Deere 4720 Tractor, Stihl Chainsaw, Dynaudio speakers, HP LaserJet printer, Clark's shoes, Scotch tape dispenser, a taped Scotch dispenser, and some camera stuff.

My K5 is about to be delivered to Chandler Az. Until last week, I was happy with it with no apparent stains.

I expect to be happy with it once again.

Edit:

Made a mistake in your poll. I reported it returned from Pentax unfixed. I hope that doesn't become true but at this moment, it hasn't happened.

02-04-2011, 11:54 AM   #6

Photos: Gallery
Not having any problems whatsoever. Completely satisfied with the K-5.
02-04-2011, 12:13 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

External flash works best when ISO is limited to ~800. Likewise I've determined that my digital preview issue with P-TTL flashes is specific to higher ISOs. My local dealer offered me the option of an exchange which I took, unnecessarily. The camera worked fine in the store but when I brought the new camera home the problem would recur intermittently. Once I found that it would happen only with high ISOs, only with external P-TTL flash, I was convinced that it's a firmware issue. It's only a nuisance, not a deal-breaker. Otherwise this is a great camera.

02-04-2011, 01:36 PM   #8
Banned

A thought just came to mind. Polls similar to this on international Pentax forums such as this one, DPR, Flickr Pentaxians, etc., are good stuff for us, the customer. Think about it: Such polls on these Forums (actually Pentax product Blogs so to speak) have created an awareness among our corporate DSLR providers that excellent customer service and trustful relationships with customers in this digital age will certainly affect product sales, and may even determine winners and losers in similar markets. I would imagine that Hoya/Pentax is reading this Forum/Poll and is not enamored with what it's seeing. There's a lesson here: We're all watching, so you better bring your best if you want a good pile of our hard-earned cash. I say, power to you, all you whiners and fanboys. Bring it on.
02-04-2011, 02:49 PM   #9
Banned

You know what's scary about this poll at this time: Click on poll results. Only 47% of buyers of the K-5 have been happy with their purchase and have experienced no problems. That is less than half of those who have bought the K-5. I ask you: Is this a quality electronic product from a company that wants your business going forward? HELLO...is anybody listening????
02-04-2011, 03:31 PM   #10

QuoteOriginally posted by donallison13 Quote
You know what's scary about this poll at this time: Click on poll results. Only 47% of buyers of the K-5 have been happy with their purchase and have experienced no problems. That is less than half of those who have bought the K-5. I ask you: Is this a quality electronic product from a company that wants your business going forward? HELLO...is anybody listening????
ah, no, it doesn't say that exactly. It says that of the people who took this poll, 47% are COMPLETELY happy. It doesn't weight the things they are dissatisfied with, nor measure their overall satisfaction level. It doesn't examine who is participating in this poll. You can't infer conclusions on the entire population from this. Just the people who happened to take this poll. And in the strict manner the question was asked.
02-04-2011, 03:43 PM   #11
Veteran Member

It also doesn't account for the fact that, on the internet, people are more likely to spend time on threads like this one if they've had problems.

(Voted "38xxxxx w/ stains" and "Problems/not yet sent in".)
02-04-2011, 07:33 PM   #12
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
It also doesn't account for the fact that, on the internet, people are more likely to spend time on threads like this one if they've had problems.

(Voted "38xxxxx w/ stains" and "Problems/not yet sent in".)
Hmmm...no evidence to prove this. Actually, from my experience, the "Lances" of the world tend to gravitate towards threads such as this and exercise their "fanboy" behaviors.
02-04-2011, 07:48 PM   #13
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by jrforman Quote
ah, no, it doesn't say that exactly. It says that of the people who took this poll, 47% are COMPLETELY happy. It doesn't weight the things they are dissatisfied with, nor measure their overall satisfaction level. It doesn't examine who is participating in this poll. You can't infer conclusions on the entire population from this. Just the people who happened to take this poll. And in the strict manner the question was asked.
Duhhh....as I said...they are happy....oooops...now, only 45% are happy with their K-5.
02-04-2011, 07:51 PM   #14
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

I'd like to see a similar Poll side by side with the K20D, one of the most trusted and respected cameras out there, Pentax or otherwise. If you compared the two, you would almost have to conclude that at least from the customer satisfaction standpoint, Pentax is going backwards. Progress in technology is only progress if it works and delivers happy customers....not just for Pentax but for any company that wants to stay in the game. The Marketplace is brutal, most companies understand this, and those that don't learn quickly......or fold.

Pentax has a lot of loyal followers, most are still around waiting and watching. The ball is in Hoya's court. Don't SDM us this time.
02-04-2011, 08:57 PM   #15

QuoteOriginally posted by donallison13 Quote
Hmmm...no evidence to prove this. Actually, from my experience, the "Lances" of the world tend to gravitate towards threads such as this and exercise their "fanboy" behaviors.
Oh look, the non owner Pentax troll is here ruining another thread..
Grow up.
Closed Thread