Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
02-05-2011, 07:47 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Manafacturer REFURBISHED K-5 body

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

This may be old new to you guys but the company i just bought a new k-5 from. A great company, has a Manafacturer REFURBISHED K-5 body. I wish i would of waited now. I may even buy a spare? I think there are fixing to be some great deals to be had.

ogt-clan items - Get great deals on Tokyo, Japan items on eBay Stores!

02-05-2011, 08:22 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The only thing is that is a gray market item -- comes with a one year Japanese warranty. I'd be a little nervous, but once the US refurbs come on-line, it might be worth going for one of those.
02-05-2011, 08:28 AM   #3
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Interesting, and I am wondering what the final price will be? I don't think I will be bidding on it, I read that part about it working like a "Normal" camera.......Looking at the ongoing Poll, I am not sure I want a "Normal" K5 at this time without a proper definition of "Normal".

For me, a "Normal" camera operates to Mfg Specifications, but that seems to be re-defined lately?
Regards
02-05-2011, 09:03 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Interesting, and I am wondering what the final price will be? I don't think I will be bidding on it, I read that part about it working like a "Normal" camera.......Looking at the ongoing Poll, I am not sure I want a "Normal" K5 at this time without a proper definition of "Normal".

For me, a "Normal" camera operates to Mfg Specifications, but that seems to be re-defined lately?
Regards
And the hits just keep on coming.....

02-05-2011, 09:17 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
And the hits just keep on coming.....
Is there somewhere in there that you couldn't see the Truth? I don't always like to hear the Truth myself, but it never changes it.
Regards
02-05-2011, 09:28 AM   #6
Veteran Member

If there is a 'refurbished' one available with 1-year warranty for $800, it will likely be gone in a heartbeat. Hoping that it will happen.... soon.
02-05-2011, 11:00 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I for one have no problem with refurbished provided a). it's factory refurbished and b). there are significant savings, both of which definitely are true in this case. The only problem I have, which may be a language translation issue is the ad states "NO Functional Problems After All". I'm not sure if sensor stains would be included as a functional problem or not, but I would hope that after refurbishing it isn't an issue.

02-05-2011, 11:14 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Tempting offer, but i doubt that one would get the same warranty service from ogt as from a BH Photo. :-(

This is a camera i really want and expect to use for a number of years, like i'm still doing with my K20. I think i'll go iwth one of the big online stores.
02-05-2011, 11:45 AM   #9

Is there somewhere in there that you couldn't see the Truth? I don't always like to hear the Truth myself, but it never changes it.
Regards
It's physically impossible for this guy not to inject his 2cents into very thread about the k5, repeating the same bullshit over and over and over.
02-05-2011, 11:58 AM   #10
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
I for one have no problem with refurbished provided a). it's factory refurbished and b). there are significant savings, both of which definitely are true in this case. The only problem I have, which may be a language translation issue is the ad states "NO Functional Problems After All". I'm not sure if sensor stains would be included as a functional problem or not, but I would hope that after refurbishing it isn't an issue.
Refurbished can mean a lot of things. If "NO Functional Problems After All" means also no stains, my K5 didn't have any functional problems when I first bought it either. The functional problem grew over time and use. With that said, I personally would be quite nervous about buying a camera that has to be sent back to Japan, IF warranty service is even available. They also have a 'Japan' version listed at $1270 BIN. I would expect the auction to end in similar territory.

02-05-2011, 01:37 PM   #11
Pentaxian

bla bla bla
Sorry, Rupert - I enjoyed your posts in the past but now you're sounding like a certain Gazooma (aka the Master of Truth). You're putting such an effort into making this place as disagreeable as you can - a pity, really.

Tom S., well said. A proper factory refurbished unit (sensor module replaced, any FF issue corrected), at a proper price - that would be a good deal.
After all, it would be insane for Pentax to throw away all the returned cameras...
Maybe they'll appear also outside Japan?
02-05-2011, 02:35 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Ah, your tests on your K5 reveal the truth? Sorry, Truth with a capital T. That makes it more important.
02-05-2011, 04:00 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jthommo Quote
Ah, your tests on your K5 reveal the truth? Sorry, Truth with a capital T. That makes it more important.
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Sorry, Rupert - I enjoyed your posts in the past but now you're sounding like a certain .... You're putting such an effort into making this place as disagreeable as you can - a pity, really.
Evoke the power of your ignore list, fellow members.

Ignore folks like this and chances are good they'll go elsewhere to find an audience.

regards
02-05-2011, 06:27 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Sorry, Rupert - I enjoyed your posts in the past but now you're sounding like a certain Gazooma (aka the Master of Truth). You're putting such an effort into making this place as disagreeable as you can - a pity, really.

Tom S., well said. A proper factory refurbished unit (sensor module replaced, any FF issue corrected), at a proper price - that would be a good deal.
After all, it would be insane for Pentax to throw away all the returned cameras...
Maybe they'll appear also outside Japan?

You all have a right to your opinions, but what I said remains relevant. You go to the Poll, look at the results then come back here and give me a definition of a "Normal" K5. Which one on that list is "Normal"? Add them all up, put them in a hat and draw one out.......which one did you get? Was it Normal?
Regards
02-05-2011, 06:54 PM   #15

You go to the Poll, look at the results then come back here and give me a definition of a "Normal" K5
You can't be that dense... voluntary online polls have no statistical validity to start with, and that one was specifically designed to paint its subject poorly.

And as jthommo pointed out, capitalizing words doesn't make them more important.