Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
02-08-2011, 02:36 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Video & stills of Parker 425 off-road race

I love this camera!! The video is amazing for a still camera. The operator is a little shakey, but hey the adrenalin was really pumpin. It is nice to be able to run around the desert with just one camera, instead of 2 or 3. Played all day long, about 600 shots and about 1 hour worth of videos on one battery.
About 3 min. long. Hope you enjoy

Last edited by amycramer; 02-08-2011 at 02:38 PM. Reason: My embedding didn't work
02-08-2011, 03:23 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice work amy. Some of the video was really great. (it was all good) I really like a bit towards the end where one vehicle kicked up clouds and clouds of dust and the guy behind him disappeared for a while.

NaCl(good action stills too)H2O
02-08-2011, 05:03 PM   #3

Original Poster
I love doing the slowmo on those dust shots. We haven't had in rain for a couple of months, so the dust was really flying. I was glad to have a camera that is dust proof.
02-08-2011, 06:27 PM   #4

fantastic!!! how did you keep focus for the video? i'm guessing you prefocused and stopped down the lens a bit. i've tried manually focusing while moving about and it's a tad cumbersome, but not impossible. also what lens did you have? and did you shoot on a tripod/monopod or just hand held? anyways great vids + pics!!!

-raph

02-08-2011, 06:59 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by raphtze Quote
fantastic!!! how did you keep focus for the video? i'm guessing you prefocused and stopped down the lens a bit. i've tried manually focusing while moving about and it's a tad cumbersome, but not impossible. also what lens did you have? and did you shoot on a tripod/monopod or just hand held? anyways great vids + pics!!!

-raph
This was the first time I had tried video w/this camera. I did nothing but, turn it on and point it. It was hard to aim it with only the live view in bright sunlight. After a couple of tries I just learned to line my eye up next to the viewfinder and fake it. This was all hand held, explains the shaky video. But I was on the run in rough terrain and didn't want to hassle with the tripod. I went out just to play around with the camera and didn't come home for 8 hours. Next year I will take a tripod.
02-08-2011, 07:02 PM - 1 Like   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by raphtze Quote

-raph
Forgot about the lens. It is my favorite all around lens. Pentax 18-250.
02-09-2011, 01:53 AM   #7

thanks for following up

-raph

02-09-2011, 05:55 AM   #8

Photos: Gallery
did you had any problems with the automatic ISO jumping around?
02-09-2011, 06:07 AM   #9

That's pretty cool, Amy!

Some of the stills look almost HDR-ish. Did you do anything special to them?

Nice work!
02-09-2011, 07:37 AM   #10

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sjtryon Quote
That's pretty cool, Amy!

Some of the stills look almost HDR-ish. Did you do anything special to them?

Nice work!
Yeah, some of them were calling for tweaking in Topaz labs adjust.
02-09-2011, 07:44 AM   #11

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gybp Quote
did you had any problems with the automatic ISO jumping around?
Auto ISO, can you explain? I didn't touch anything. Just turned it on and shot.
Doesn't look like the iso jumped around to me, and the shots of the cars going under the bridge were like bright sunlight to really dark.
02-09-2011, 12:07 PM   #12
Forum Member

Nice job! some good shots in there.

Same here my 18-250 is my every day lens for everything. GREAT lens. Takes crisp shots near and far and is quick focusing. A bit rough in indoor shots though without a flash.