Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-13-2011, 04:50 PM   #91
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
I don't disagree with you at all with respect to the wisdom of moms! It's just a pet peeve of mine when people start drawing false comparisons between what are really two very different types of machine.

What REALLY drove me up a wall is when I would show friends my old Olympus DSLR with only a 10MP sensor(THE HORROR!), and they would whip out their crappy point and shoot and say things like "pffft, my camera's got 15MP! It obviously takes better pictures."

LOL! Yep, I've heard that too! Along with "that camera sure takes great photos", to which I often reply, "Yeah, I sent it out on its own last week and look what it came back with!".
Regards!

02-13-2011, 07:33 PM   #92
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Maybe it is unfair....but if my Mom spent $1500 on a camera that wouldn't do what her $39 Casio does, you would find it most difficult to explain the unfairness to her. I wouldn't even attempt it, because I know her response..."It works or it doesn't, it's that simple"...and she would be right, Mom's are always right.
Regards
Of course they are not.

but I see what you are saying
02-13-2011, 09:33 PM   #93
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Smeggypants Quote
Of course they are not.

but I see what you are saying
Well, you can be the one to tell her! Then hope she doesn't ever talk to your Mom or you will get to eat some soap!

Best Regards!
02-13-2011, 10:10 PM   #94
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Christine Tham Quote
The understanding that I have (based on discussion in that other long thread) is that the AF has tendency for a very *slight* FF in low light.

So shooting at f4 masks out any inaccuracy in the AF, not that f4 by itself improves the accuracy of the AF. Of course, lenses are generally sharper when stopped, so that is also a factor.

Hope I have made that clear.
I didn't know about this and I am glad I learned about it. It makes sense. Assuming your focus point starts in front of your subject, at F1.8 or F2.8 you can imagine a thin depth of field wall moving toward your target as your camera is focusing. It stops at the first sign of an object to focus on.

Have you tried keeping your camera on AF.S (I have a K-5) and then manually focus your lens just before you take the shot? I don't know if this will work or not.

02-14-2011, 09:15 AM   #95
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Well, you can be the one to tell her! Then hope she doesn't ever talk to your Mom or you will get to eat some soap!

Best Regards!
hehe
02-14-2011, 09:25 AM   #96
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Smeggypants Quote
hehe
Your Mama read your post, didn't she! You had to know better!
Regards!