Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-12-2011, 07:10 AM   #16
Banned




Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: North Carolina
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 102
Ahhh...the saga of the K-5 batch of lemons continue. I say batch because I'm sure later production runs will clean up any problems. I suspect the reason it's under review is that B&H and other sellers are simply turning around the new batches to replace lemons returning and really have no inventory for sale. My advice: Better to wait until the serial numbers start with "4" and let the fellas who have already purchased continue to replace theirs with the big boy sellers. The saga continues. Sad.

02-12-2011, 07:22 AM   #17
Moderator
Tom S.'s Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: S.E. Michigan
Photos: Albums
Posts: 4,239
QuoteOriginally posted by donallison13 Quote
Ahhh...the saga of the K-5 batch of lemons continue. I say batch because I'm sure later production runs will clean up any problems. I suspect the reason it's under review is that B&H and other sellers are simply turning around the new batches to replace lemons returning and really have no inventory for sale. My advice: Better to wait until the serial numbers start with "4" and let the fellas who have already purchased continue to replace theirs with the big boy sellers. The saga continues. Sad.
Apparently you failed to read the entire thread before posting. Camera is no longer 'under review' on Amazon and all the feedback has been 5 stars.

I have no problem with you waiting, that's your prerogative. In the mean time, please feel free to post negative comments based upon out of date info.
02-12-2011, 07:26 AM   #18
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 529
QuoteOriginally posted by donallison13 Quote
Ahhh...the saga of the K-5 batch of lemons continue. I say batch because I'm sure later production runs will clean up any problems. I suspect the reason it's under review is that B&H and other sellers are simply turning around the new batches to replace lemons returning and really have no inventory for sale. My advice: Better to wait until the serial numbers start with "4" and let the fellas who have already purchased continue to replace theirs with the big boy sellers. The saga continues. Sad.
These advisories come up for all kinds of reasons and not only on electronics, but an all products that they sell. It's ill advised to read more into it than is stated. The advisory was there only for the kit and not the body-only and was lifted in short order. You are making too many assumptions with little hard evidence.
02-12-2011, 08:11 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bronx NY
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,610
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
Apparently you failed to read the entire thread before posting. Camera is no longer 'under review' on Amazon and all the feedback has been 5 stars.

I have no problem with you waiting, that's your prerogative. In the mean time, please feel free to post negative comments based upon out of date info.
I don't know why you bother Tom. Don's mind has been made up long ago, facts that would only confuse him are disregarded.

NaCl(he's on a crusade don't ya know, and there is little room in a crusade for inconvenient facts)H2O

02-12-2011, 11:45 AM   #20
Forum Member




Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 83
Amazon has been great with returns/exchanges in similar situations. Despite that, it is still a pain to repackage everything, take it to the post office etc so I didn order a second body. I previously went through 3 28-75 Tammys to get a good one, amazon never said anything although I suspect they must have a cutoff.
The 5 star reviews dont mean much. There are only 8 of them and not very recent. Most People don't bother posting a review unless very motivated one way or another. I would certainly post one if I couldn't return it. Otherwise it is a known issue, especially to people like us at PFs.
02-12-2011, 05:23 PM   #21
Banned




Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: North Carolina
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 102
QuoteOriginally posted by areidjr Quote
These advisories come up for all kinds of reasons and not only on electronics, but an all products that they sell. It's ill advised to read more into it than is stated. The advisory was there only for the kit and not the body-only and was lifted in short order. You are making too many assumptions with little hard evidence.
Yes, but you have gone thru 3 bodies, Al, and like me you are sitting on the fence, waiting for Pentax to get their act together before ordering another one. I have a feeling that you'd feel a lot more comfortable with a serial number beginning with the number "4". Just an assumption, mind you...little hard evidence at this end. Ouch....
02-12-2011, 06:17 PM   #22
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 529
QuoteOriginally posted by donallison13 Quote
Yes, but you have gone thru 3 bodies, Al, and like me you are sitting on the fence, waiting for Pentax to get their act together before ordering another one. I have a feeling that you'd feel a lot more comfortable with a serial number beginning with the number "4". Just an assumption, mind you...little hard evidence at this end. Ouch....
That is true, Don. I had almost 5 weeks consumed over trying to get a K-5 that worked and lived up to it's potential. It was 5 weeks of ups and downs and now I'm without K-5 and back to my K100D Super.

But, I still believe that one should not read too much into Amazon's "item under review" advisory. I've seen it come and go many times for no obvious reason.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
amazon.com, camera, dslr, item, k-5, k-5 ii, k-5 iis, k5, pentax k-5
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Amazon "Open Box" Lenses brofkand Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 17 10-06-2010 12:57 AM
Save 5% cashback on Amazon using a "PayPhrase" brecklundin Pentax DSLR Discussion 12 12-12-2009 09:15 PM
Duh....Does the K20D "body only" from Amazon include a battery & Charger pardes Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 11 04-13-2009 06:27 PM
Suggestion don't remove price when marking a marketplace item as "sold" rpriedhorsky Site Suggestions and Help 5 02-08-2009 05:55 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:45 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top