Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-12-2011, 07:10 AM   #16
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ahhh...the saga of the K-5 batch of lemons continue. I say batch because I'm sure later production runs will clean up any problems. I suspect the reason it's under review is that B&H and other sellers are simply turning around the new batches to replace lemons returning and really have no inventory for sale. My advice: Better to wait until the serial numbers start with "4" and let the fellas who have already purchased continue to replace theirs with the big boy sellers. The saga continues. Sad.

02-12-2011, 07:22 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by donallison13 Quote
Ahhh...the saga of the K-5 batch of lemons continue. I say batch because I'm sure later production runs will clean up any problems. I suspect the reason it's under review is that B&H and other sellers are simply turning around the new batches to replace lemons returning and really have no inventory for sale. My advice: Better to wait until the serial numbers start with "4" and let the fellas who have already purchased continue to replace theirs with the big boy sellers. The saga continues. Sad.
Apparently you failed to read the entire thread before posting. Camera is no longer 'under review' on Amazon and all the feedback has been 5 stars.

I have no problem with you waiting, that's your prerogative. In the mean time, please feel free to post negative comments based upon out of date info.
02-12-2011, 07:26 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
These advisories come up for all kinds of reasons and not only on electronics, but an all products that they sell. It's ill advised to read more into it than is stated. The advisory was there only for the kit and not the body-only and was lifted in short order. You are making too many assumptions with little hard evidence.
02-12-2011, 08:11 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
Apparently you failed to read the entire thread before posting. Camera is no longer 'under review' on Amazon and all the feedback has been 5 stars.

I have no problem with you waiting, that's your prerogative. In the mean time, please feel free to post negative comments based upon out of date info.
I don't know why you bother Tom. Don's mind has been made up long ago, facts that would only confuse him are disregarded.

NaCl(he's on a crusade don't ya know, and there is little room in a crusade for inconvenient facts)H2O

02-12-2011, 11:45 AM   #20
Forum Member

Amazon has been great with returns/exchanges in similar situations. Despite that, it is still a pain to repackage everything, take it to the post office etc so I didn order a second body. I previously went through 3 28-75 Tammys to get a good one, amazon never said anything although I suspect they must have a cutoff.
The 5 star reviews dont mean much. There are only 8 of them and not very recent. Most People don't bother posting a review unless very motivated one way or another. I would certainly post one if I couldn't return it. Otherwise it is a known issue, especially to people like us at PFs.
02-12-2011, 05:23 PM   #21
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by areidjr Quote
These advisories come up for all kinds of reasons and not only on electronics, but an all products that they sell. It's ill advised to read more into it than is stated. The advisory was there only for the kit and not the body-only and was lifted in short order. You are making too many assumptions with little hard evidence.
Yes, but you have gone thru 3 bodies, Al, and like me you are sitting on the fence, waiting for Pentax to get their act together before ordering another one. I have a feeling that you'd feel a lot more comfortable with a serial number beginning with the number "4". Just an assumption, mind you...little hard evidence at this end. Ouch....
02-12-2011, 06:17 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Yes, but you have gone thru 3 bodies, Al, and like me you are sitting on the fence, waiting for Pentax to get their act together before ordering another one. I have a feeling that you'd feel a lot more comfortable with a serial number beginning with the number "4". Just an assumption, mind you...little hard evidence at this end. Ouch....
That is true, Don. I had almost 5 weeks consumed over trying to get a K-5 that worked and lived up to it's potential. It was 5 weeks of ups and downs and now I'm without K-5 and back to my K100D Super.

But, I still believe that one should not read too much into Amazon's "item under review" advisory. I've seen it come and go many times for no obvious reason.