Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-10-2011, 12:19 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Availability of battery grip D-BG4 in Europe

I have been waiting for delivery of the battery grip to Finland since October. The Pentax Agent in Scandinavia, Focus Nordic, answers that they are waiting too, but Pentax does not even tell, when the next shipment is about to arrive. The situation seems to be the same with those on-line stores in Europe, which I have used earlier. Only AC-Photo claims to have it on shelf, but their price is outrageous.

Can anyone help?

02-10-2011, 04:07 AM   #2
Forum Member

I haven't checked with B&H, but Abes of Maine is also sold out - I waited a few weeks then decided to shift my money over to a DA 40.
02-10-2011, 08:03 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't know what you call outrageous in price but you might consider going international (B&H shows it in stock as does Adorama it seems).

Pentax D-BG4 Battery grip

02-10-2011, 11:46 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Tintin Quote
I have been waiting for delivery of the battery grip to Finland since October. The Pentax Agent in Scandinavia, Focus Nordic, answers that they are waiting too, but Pentax does not even tell, when the next shipment is about to arrive. The situation seems to be the same with those on-line stores in Europe, which I have used earlier. Only AC-Photo claims to have it on shelf, but their price is outrageous.

Can anyone help?
Hi Tintin,

This webshop delivers through almost all of Europe.
They have 7 grips in stock and the price is competitive €199.
Pentax D-BG4 Battery Grip for K5 Digital SLR Camera

I bougth my K-5 there and had it serviced on warrenty.
Topfoto (MSC) is a trustworthy supplier.
They delivered the camera next day with international shipment services of DPD.

Hope this helps,

- Bert

02-10-2011, 01:44 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

199€, not bad. Then I won't feel so bad that I just finalized a deal for a used D-BG4 here in Turku. :-)
02-11-2011, 02:32 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks a lot. Placed the order to Topfoto and expect a prompt delivery. Makes me wonder if I should start also learning Dutch.
02-11-2011, 03:34 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Thanks a lot. Placed the order to Topfoto and expect a prompt delivery. Makes me wonder if I should start also learning Dutch.
Topfoto is located in Switzerland, as is shown in the contact panel (top right of the website). So for EU buyers: expect to pay import taxes & duties...

02-11-2011, 09:16 AM   #8
Veteran Member

It is a Swiss company. Their website has an English interface as well (Homepage English)
My equipment was send through a local topfoto store located in Eupen Belgium (located in the east part of Belgium where they speak German...)

I hope you have no problems with your grip.

Cheers, Bert
02-11-2011, 07:32 PM   #9
Forum Member

Photos: Albums

Can anyone help?
Why not use an after market one they are so much cheaper and just as good I got one delivered $61.00 Australian with a spare battery, the build quality seems the same comparing with a friends pentax one.

Last edited by Osama Binhidin; 02-14-2011 at 12:14 AM.
02-13-2011, 04:37 AM   #10
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Bert,
the delivery will be from their store in Germany. So no problem.

Cheers,
Hannu
02-14-2011, 12:47 AM   #11

QuoteOriginally posted by Osama Binhidin Quote
Why not use an after market one they are so much cheaper and just as good I got one delivered $61.00 Australian with a spare battery, the build quality seems the same comparing with a friends pentax one.
I can think about two points were the aftermarket grips are not recommended :
- if you need weather sealing, as a long period under light rain may cause oxydation at the body connector or buttons level
- if you want to use 6 AA batteries instead of the Li-ion one. I haven't seen any aftermarket grip for K5/K7 yet providing this kind of powering

Anyway, these aftermarket ones are good deals if you do not plan to shoot under hard conditions, they're definitely worth their value.
02-14-2011, 11:56 PM   #12
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
The after market grip indicates weather sealing and it also has a tray for 6 aa batteries. Weather sealing was in the brochere with the grip I am not relying on that though.