Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-11-2011, 02:44 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sometimes I can't review images - anyone else get this?

Hi,

So I've been using my K5 for a few weeks and sometimes (I'd say at least once every hour or two of use) it seems to get 'stuck' after taking a shot and I can't review images ('play' button) or open the menu without either changing mode or turning live view on and off again.

Taking pictures works fine, and it's definitely finished writing to the card - I can wait quite a while and still no response to those button presses.

Though it happens fairly often, I haven't figured out how to replicate the problem at will - so I wonder if anyone else has found it and been able to stop it happening? Or have I accidentally turned on some obtusely-named setting that really means "screen disabled (sometimes)"?

It may be some unfound bug that occurs in my particular circumstances - I have instant review and status screen turned off (bright lights right under my eye, rather distracting) which is not the default.

Last edited by timh; 02-11-2011 at 02:53 AM.
02-11-2011, 02:56 AM   #2
Forum Member

Never happened to me. I also have instant review on off, so this is not it. What firmware do you use?
02-11-2011, 03:01 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I am on 1.02.
02-11-2011, 05:36 AM   #4

Never had this issue neither. Did you try to reset to factory default ?

02-11-2011, 08:58 AM   #5
Veteran Member

They're not long exposures are they? If so, the camera could be set to remove noise, which takes as long as the original exposure.
02-11-2011, 09:21 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
No, haven't tried a factory reset yet, I'll try that if I can't resolve it any other way.. Getting everything properly set up again is a slight pain in the ass.

Definitely not long exposures, haven't tried that with the K5 yet.
02-11-2011, 12:31 PM   #7
Pentaxian

If the red light is on , it's still processing the photo, you not be able to see the photo

What slow down , if you porcess photo in camera: Lens distortion, noise redection , etc
Also what is card speed you have
02-11-2011, 05:11 PM   #8
cpk
Site Supporter

This sometimes happens to me. I haven't confirmed it yet; but I suspect that the problem happens when I have the grip on the camera and, while trying to review my recent shots, I am inadvertantly pressing a button on the grip which overrides or counteracts the review button.

02-11-2011, 08:59 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
cpk - No grip in my case, so perhaps yours isn't grip-related either...

(It's definitely not still processing the image - single short exposure, no lens correction, no NR, no d-range or fliter jpeg stuff, just DNG-to-card. Just a class 6 card but that's adequate for everything.)