Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-19-2011, 04:47 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Michaelina2 Quote
May I ask where in the K-5 Manual, or in any materials produced by Pentax, does Pentax recommend this technique?

Sounds like a good way to screw up your camera and/or poof your warranty to me... M
I'm sure it's fine. The sensor will shut down the camera's recording if it gets too warm.

02-19-2011, 05:13 AM   #17
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I'm sure it's fine. The sensor will shut down the camera's recording if it gets too warm.
May I ask how sure are you? Will you assume responsibility, if something goes wrong?

Just curious... M
02-19-2011, 11:19 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Page 354 of your manual gives a description of the error that will be displayed if the camera overheats:

Error Message: "Camera overheated. Disabling Live View temporarily to protect circuitry"
Description: "Live View cannot be used because the camera’s internal temperature is too high. Press the OK button and try using Live View again when the camera has cooled down."

I doubt the OP is getting this error as they probably would have mentioned it. Nevertheless if you run into this error after only a couple minutes, tests have shown that the most effective way to prevent sensor overheat during filming is to disable shake reduction.
02-19-2011, 04:58 PM   #19
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RXrenesis8 Quote
Page 354 of your manual gives a description of the error that will be displayed if the camera overheats....
Thank you.

So... Help me.

Where in the Manual does it recommend running the camera to the point where excessive heat build-up causes it to shut down is an appropriate way for a user to test the sensor, or any camera function?

Just curious... M

02-20-2011, 01:48 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't think it says that!

Pentax has issued a statement recalling the sensor stained K-5's and a method to test for the aforementioned sensor stain. It can be found here: Link