Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-17-2011, 01:36 PM   #16
New Member




Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Milan
Posts: 13
QuoteOriginally posted by RedSnapper Quote
Hi

Same here, but all my magenta casts are only on ISO800. I may have some ISO800 pictures that are OK, but it's too time consuming to look.

(Just to be clear, it's not an Aperture problem, but an OS one. Preview and iPhoto are the same. However, Finder displays it OK...)

Rich
Yes the raw file support is part of the OS; most probably the finder will just use the embeddeb jpg, so there is no rendering problem due the bug in the raw support.

02-17-2011, 01:38 PM   #17
Site Supporter
boriscleto's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Liverpool, NY
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 12,284
QuoteOriginally posted by RedSnapper Quote
Hi
Finder displays it OK...

Rich
Finder is showing the JPEG preview.
02-17-2011, 02:23 PM   #18
Senior Member
jrforman's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Minneapolis
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 202
I had not read this yet and upgraded. Does anyone know how to go back to version 3.5? I can't find anything.
02-17-2011, 02:33 PM   #19
New Member




Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1
I've ended up deleting the RawCamera.Bundle from Library/CoreServices and reinstalling 3.5. Only some of the time I want my photos to look like they have come from a Hipstamatic....

02-17-2011, 02:36 PM   #20
Site Supporter
boriscleto's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Liverpool, NY
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 12,284
QuoteOriginally posted by jrforman Quote
I had not read this yet and upgraded. Does anyone know how to go back to version 3.5? I can't find anything.
If you are having problems and really want to downgrade here how.

Open the Terminal and type

sudo rm -rf /System/Library/CoreServices/RawCamera.bundle

Type your admin password when it asks. Agree when it asks do you know what you're doing.

Download and install RAW update 3.5 from here.

Digital Camera RAW Compatibility Update 3.5
02-17-2011, 02:38 PM   #21
Veteran Member
jolepp's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Finland
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,196
It would seem worthwhile to report this to Apple with a sample picture that gives the trouble. A repeatable (?) issue like this should be quite easy for them to fix.
02-17-2011, 02:46 PM   #22
Site Supporter
boriscleto's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Liverpool, NY
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 12,284
QuoteOriginally posted by jolepp Quote
It would seem worthwhile to report this to Apple with a sample picture that gives the trouble. A repeatable (?) issue like this should be quite easy for them to fix.
There are still K-x users having problems almost a year after K-x support was added. It is an intermittent problem. Symptoms are different for all those affected and it doesn't affect everyone. I have never had any problems with DNG files, before or after the upgrades.
02-17-2011, 03:14 PM   #23
Veteran Member
Frogfish's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 4,490
QuoteOriginally posted by scoot Quote
I've ended up deleting the RawCamera.Bundle from Library/CoreServices and reinstalling 3.5. Only some of the time I want my photos to look like they have come from a Hipstamatic....
Thanks for that - just did the same.

WARNING
If you have imported and worked on a lot of files you'll have to reconnect them all again (if you have them referenced and not stored within Aperture).

02-17-2011, 03:24 PM   #24
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Cedar Falls, IA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 19
Original Poster
It's a very nice day here today, so I went outside and took a few test shots. I found that in my case, using the latest raw converter update, with DNGs I have a strong magenta cast at ISO 800 and a slight magenta cast at ISO 400. Shots at ISOs 200, 1600, and 3200 are fine. PEFs at any ISO are fine. I'm not going to return to the previous raw converter version. I believe I'll just shoot PEF and not worry about it. If for some reason I decide to shoot DNGs, I'll try to remember to avoid ISO 800.
02-17-2011, 04:07 PM   #25
Senior Member
jrforman's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Minneapolis
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 202
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
If you are having problems and really want to downgrade here how.

Open the Terminal and type

sudo rm -rf /System/Library/CoreServices/RawCamera.bundle

Type your admin password when it asks. Agree when it asks do you know what you're doing.

Download and install RAW update 3.5 from here.

Digital Camera RAW Compatibility Update 3.5
Thanks so much. Worked like a dream.
02-17-2011, 04:32 PM   #26
Site Supporter
Fries's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Gauw
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,828
QuoteOriginally posted by jolepp Quote
It would seem worthwhile to report this to Apple with a sample picture that gives the trouble. A repeatable (?) issue like this should be quite easy for them to fix.
There is the possibility from within Aperture to give feedback to the people responsible. Just click 'Aperture' in the upper left corner when the program is running and the feedback function will appear! Click it and you will be guided to a webpage on which you can tell them what's wrong. I've used it to send them a bug rapport about this issue and I encourage others with the same problem to do the same. But to be honest the problem isn't that big for me since I only used DNG's because the PEF's weren't supported.
02-17-2011, 04:41 PM   #27
Pentaxian
twitch's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,571
I've deleted my previous post because, miracles of miracles, Apple has fixed the DNG colour cast problem with the latest version, 3.6.

Last edited by twitch; 02-18-2011 at 01:39 PM. Reason: 3.6 solves the problem
02-17-2011, 05:00 PM   #28
Senior Member
jrforman's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Minneapolis
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 202
QuoteOriginally posted by Fries Quote
There is the possibility from within Aperture to give feedback to the people responsible. Just click 'Aperture' in the upper left corner when the program is running and the feedback function will appear! Click it and you will be guided to a webpage on which you can tell them what's wrong. I've used it to send them a bug rapport about this issue and I encourage others with the same problem to do the same. But to be honest the problem isn't that big for me since I only used DNG's because the PEF's weren't supported.
I posted a comment on the problem on the Apple User Community site - was contacted by Apple personnel asking for DNG files for K-5 which I provided. So someone is paying attention. Not sure what they will do, but its nice to be asked.
02-17-2011, 05:02 PM   #29
Site Supporter
Fries's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Gauw
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,828
QuoteOriginally posted by jrforman Quote
I posted a comment on the problem on the Apple User Community site - was contacted by Apple personnel asking for DNG files for K-5 which I provided. So someone is paying attention. Not sure what they will do, but its nice to be asked.
It surely is a good sign!
02-17-2011, 05:09 PM   #30
Pentaxian
twitch's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,571
I wouldn't hold much hope. The K-x DNG processing has been screwed for a year now, and they've known about it for that long and done nothing.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, conversion, dslr, k-5, k-5 ii, k-5 iis, k5, pentax k-5
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PC or Mac? Sparkle General Talk 147 01-27-2011 10:05 AM
For Mac Users: Upgrade tiger to snow leopard? lurchlarson Digital Processing, Software, and Printing 22 02-18-2010 07:38 PM
Upgrade Advice: Upgrade Lenses or Camera krs Pentax DSLR Discussion 10 07-17-2009 05:24 AM
Getting my first Mac - PSPX2 & SILKYPIX & MAC?? vievetrick Digital Processing, Software, and Printing 17 03-25-2009 09:59 AM
K10D photo series - mac / aperture / .mac Tom M Photographic Technique 7 12-29-2007 03:13 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:42 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top