Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-17-2011, 01:36 PM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by RedSnapper Quote
Hi

Same here, but all my magenta casts are only on ISO800. I may have some ISO800 pictures that are OK, but it's too time consuming to look.

(Just to be clear, it's not an Aperture problem, but an OS one. Preview and iPhoto are the same. However, Finder displays it OK...)

Rich
Yes the raw file support is part of the OS; most probably the finder will just use the embeddeb jpg, so there is no rendering problem due the bug in the raw support.

02-17-2011, 01:38 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RedSnapper Quote
Hi
Finder displays it OK...

Rich
Finder is showing the JPEG preview.
02-17-2011, 02:23 PM   #18

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I had not read this yet and upgraded. Does anyone know how to go back to version 3.5? I can't find anything.
02-17-2011, 02:33 PM   #19

I've ended up deleting the RawCamera.Bundle from Library/CoreServices and reinstalling 3.5. Only some of the time I want my photos to look like they have come from a Hipstamatic....

02-17-2011, 02:36 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jrforman Quote
I had not read this yet and upgraded. Does anyone know how to go back to version 3.5? I can't find anything.
If you are having problems and really want to downgrade here how.

Open the Terminal and type

sudo rm -rf /System/Library/CoreServices/RawCamera.bundle

Type your admin password when it asks. Agree when it asks do you know what you're doing.

Download and install RAW update 3.5 from here.

Digital Camera RAW Compatibility Update 3.5
02-17-2011, 02:38 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
It would seem worthwhile to report this to Apple with a sample picture that gives the trouble. A repeatable (?) issue like this should be quite easy for them to fix.
02-17-2011, 02:46 PM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jolepp Quote
It would seem worthwhile to report this to Apple with a sample picture that gives the trouble. A repeatable (?) issue like this should be quite easy for them to fix.
There are still K-x users having problems almost a year after K-x support was added. It is an intermittent problem. Symptoms are different for all those affected and it doesn't affect everyone. I have never had any problems with DNG files, before or after the upgrades.

02-17-2011, 03:14 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by scoot Quote
I've ended up deleting the RawCamera.Bundle from Library/CoreServices and reinstalling 3.5. Only some of the time I want my photos to look like they have come from a Hipstamatic....
Thanks for that - just did the same.

WARNING
If you have imported and worked on a lot of files you'll have to reconnect them all again (if you have them referenced and not stored within Aperture).
02-17-2011, 03:24 PM   #24

Original Poster
It's a very nice day here today, so I went outside and took a few test shots. I found that in my case, using the latest raw converter update, with DNGs I have a strong magenta cast at ISO 800 and a slight magenta cast at ISO 400. Shots at ISOs 200, 1600, and 3200 are fine. PEFs at any ISO are fine. I'm not going to return to the previous raw converter version. I believe I'll just shoot PEF and not worry about it. If for some reason I decide to shoot DNGs, I'll try to remember to avoid ISO 800.
02-17-2011, 04:07 PM   #25

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
If you are having problems and really want to downgrade here how.

Open the Terminal and type

sudo rm -rf /System/Library/CoreServices/RawCamera.bundle

Type your admin password when it asks. Agree when it asks do you know what you're doing.

Download and install RAW update 3.5 from here.

Digital Camera RAW Compatibility Update 3.5
Thanks so much. Worked like a dream.
02-17-2011, 04:32 PM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jolepp Quote
There is the possibility from within Aperture to give feedback to the people responsible. Just click 'Aperture' in the upper left corner when the program is running and the feedback function will appear! Click it and you will be guided to a webpage on which you can tell them what's wrong. I've used it to send them a bug rapport about this issue and I encourage others with the same problem to do the same. But to be honest the problem isn't that big for me since I only used DNG's because the PEF's weren't supported.
02-17-2011, 04:41 PM   #27
Veteran Member

I've deleted my previous post because, miracles of miracles, Apple has fixed the DNG colour cast problem with the latest version, 3.6.

Last edited by twitch; 02-18-2011 at 01:39 PM. Reason: 3.6 solves the problem
02-17-2011, 05:00 PM   #28

QuoteOriginally posted by Fries Quote
There is the possibility from within Aperture to give feedback to the people responsible. Just click 'Aperture' in the upper left corner when the program is running and the feedback function will appear! Click it and you will be guided to a webpage on which you can tell them what's wrong. I've used it to send them a bug rapport about this issue and I encourage others with the same problem to do the same. But to be honest the problem isn't that big for me since I only used DNG's because the PEF's weren't supported.
I posted a comment on the problem on the Apple User Community site - was contacted by Apple personnel asking for DNG files for K-5 which I provided. So someone is paying attention. Not sure what they will do, but its nice to be asked.
02-17-2011, 05:02 PM   #29
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jrforman Quote
I posted a comment on the problem on the Apple User Community site - was contacted by Apple personnel asking for DNG files for K-5 which I provided. So someone is paying attention. Not sure what they will do, but its nice to be asked.
It surely is a good sign!
02-17-2011, 05:09 PM   #30
Veteran Member

I wouldn't hold much hope. The K-x DNG processing has been screwed for a year now, and they've known about it for that long and done nothing.