Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-17-2011, 10:55 PM   #31

QuoteOriginally posted by jrforman Quote
I posted a comment on the problem on the Apple User Community site - was contacted by Apple personnel asking for DNG files for K-5 which I provided. So someone is paying attention. Not sure what they will do, but its nice to be asked.
I did the same, I was contacted by Apple and sent them sample files.
Let's hope for the best.
Ario

02-18-2011, 05:39 AM   #32
Inactive Account

Mac ainoa kelvollinen kaikessa kuvanteossa. Siihen Aperture 3 ei ole voittanutta. Eilinen tuli RAW MAC ja PEF taivaan lahja nyt kuvat kun timantti. On sitten ISO tai PIENI aina hyvin.

Last edited by 30v iPentax; 02-18-2011 at 06:02 AM.
02-18-2011, 05:50 AM   #33
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by 30v iPentax Quote
Mac ainoa kelvollinen kaikessa kuvanteossa. Siihen Aperture 3 ei ole voittanutta. Eilinen tuli RAW MAC ja PEF taivaan lahja nyt kuvat kun timantti. Aperturen RAW on viellä tulematta. On sitten ISO tai PIENI aina hyvin.
This translation is not understandable. Or my english is ver bad
02-18-2011, 05:55 AM   #34
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by 30v iPentax Quote
Mac ainoa kelvollinen kaikessa kuvanteossa. Siihen Aperture 3 ei ole voittanutta. Eilinen tuli RAW MAC ja PEF taivaan lahja nyt kuvat kun timantti. Aperturen RAW on viellä tulematta. On sitten ISO tai PIENI aina hyvin.
QuoteOriginally posted by the swede Quote
This translation is not understandable. Or my english is ver bad
I thought it came out very poetic.

QuoteQuote:
Yesterday was the MAC and PEF RAW godsend now when images of diamond.
Pure art.

02-18-2011, 06:45 AM   #35

Photos: Albums
Don't Upgrade Mac

Wow, thanks for the heads-up, everyone. I had installed it but was busy yesterday and didn't really get a chance to notice any problems. All my photos taken with the new K-r have been in *DNG format since *.PEF hasn't been supported.

Many thanks to whoever it was who posted the downgrade instructions. They worked fine, and I've reset everything back to the way it was before the update and submitted a bug report through Aperture. Oh, well...
02-18-2011, 10:08 AM - 1 Like   #36

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Since I've had the K-x, 12/2009, about 1 in 200 pictures has the magenta cast, and I've not been able to discern any pattern to them. They happened at all ISO's, different lenses, DNG and PEF, etc. Usually, they happened in bursts, then nothing for the next 500 pictures. At one point I was even convinced it happened mostly at low temperatures, but that isn't the case. The amount of magenta or green cast was quite variable, from barely visible, to just awful. Occasionally, I'd get a horrendous green cast. I've kept up with all the Aperture, Raw converter, OS, etc updates.

I installed the latest Raw converter from Apple, version 3.6 just yesterday, and I'm very, very pleased. It fixed all the weird colors, and I promptly regenerated all the previews, which is quite a lengthy process. All my pictures are now crystal clear, it was like lifting a veil. I only shoot DNG, so I can't comment on PEF files.
02-18-2011, 11:33 AM   #37
Inactive Account

I know this doesn't really help, but...

(For the K-5)

If I compare the histogram at the top, with that shown for the individual colours in the Levels brick, I can see that Red and Blue have been shifted to the right (in Levels).

And this is why doing an Auto Levels on each colour "fixes" the colour cast.

I find that Auto Levels is a bit heavy-handed, though.

Rich

02-18-2011, 01:36 PM   #38
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by twitch Quote
I wouldn't hold much hope. The K-x DNG processing has been screwed for a year now, and they've known about it for that long and done nothing.
Well this is the sound of me eating my words because the 3.6 update works!!! It solves all the colour cast problems present in every version since 3.1. At last we have DNGs being processed correctly

Last edited by twitch; 02-18-2011 at 01:42 PM.
02-18-2011, 01:40 PM   #39
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by leadfoot Quote
Since I've had the K-x, 12/2009, about 1 in 200 pictures has the magenta cast, and I've not been able to discern any pattern to them. They happened at all ISO's, different lenses, DNG and PEF, etc. Usually, they happened in bursts, then nothing for the next 500 pictures. At one point I was even convinced it happened mostly at low temperatures, but that isn't the case. The amount of magenta or green cast was quite variable, from barely visible, to just awful. Occasionally, I'd get a horrendous green cast. I've kept up with all the Aperture, Raw converter, OS, etc updates.

I installed the latest Raw converter from Apple, version 3.6 just yesterday, and I'm very, very pleased. It fixed all the weird colors, and I promptly regenerated all the previews, which is quite a lengthy process. All my pictures are now crystal clear, it was like lifting a veil. I only shoot DNG, so I can't comment on PEF files.
It's fantastic isn't it, finally Apple has fixed the problem
02-18-2011, 04:00 PM   #40

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Can anyone comment on K-5 and Aperture 3.1.1 with the latest RAW 3.6 converter from Apple?
02-18-2011, 09:43 PM   #41
Inactive Account

I just downloaded 3 min. Before i read the forum--yikes.
What is the solution?
02-19-2011, 02:01 AM   #42
Inactive Account

Kaikki toimii iK-5 , Aperture 3 ja RAW PEF kanssa.
02-19-2011, 02:58 PM   #43
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by john mood Quote
I just downloaded 3 min. Before i read the forum--yikes.
What is the solution?
With any existing .DNGs: don't reprocess. With the new 3.6, you can process .PEFs, which as far as I know do not have the magenta cast to them.
02-25-2011, 04:12 AM   #44

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
If you are having problems and really want to downgrade here how.

Open the Terminal and type

sudo rm -rf /System/Library/CoreServices/RawCamera.bundle

Type your admin password when it asks. Agree when it asks do you know what you're doing.

Download and install RAW update 3.5 from here.

Digital Camera RAW Compatibility Update 3.5
Worked perfectly for me too. Thank you.

I don't use Aperture (it's too slow and sometime crashes), but Adobe software (PSE9+ACR and trying Lightroom) so the purple cast was affecting only Quicklook and Preview, but anyway was annoying.
02-25-2011, 08:36 PM   #45
Forum Member

yup, me too

had the tinting problem with a brand new k-5, thought i had a lemon, sent it back and just today got another. Same issue, I found out by my own testing that it was the DNG format doing the damage.

Wish i'd dug a little deeper into the forums to find this thread.

I sent in a bug report to apple via aperture, hope everyone else does, too. I know they are very slow in doing -anything- for aperture support, but we can hope.