Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-17-2011, 03:02 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Newbie questions: Langauge Screen and not saving preferences

Hi everyone,

I just received my k-5. I am very happy with it!!!

One question though. Why does the Language selection screen always come up when i turn on the camera? Either that or the "Initial Setting" screen appears every time! Is there any way to turn it off? It's annoying me!

Also, when I first started using the camera, I changed a few settings (e.g. NTSC to PAL. Every time I turned off the camera, the settings would revert! But there were other settings which would stay! Then, after a while, even the NTSC/PAL setting would stay after power off. Is there some sort of internal battery or supercap that has to charge properly before some settings are remembered? I know about the "Memory" menu, where you choose what will be saved when the camera is powered off, but i don't think the NTSC/PAL setting comes under any of those!

02-17-2011, 05:34 PM - 1 Like   #2
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Make sure you set the date, time, location and language and actually save the information. That should take care of your problem. If you just exit (without saving) the initial setup menu it will reappear.
02-17-2011, 05:41 PM   #3

Original Poster
Ah! Thanks for that! I failed to click "ok" on the "Settings Complete" bar. Instead I was just exiting the menu with the menu button! Sorted now thought!
02-17-2011, 08:15 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I think you should read and slowly digest the operating manual first.

02-17-2011, 09:04 PM   #5

Original Poster
I have read the operating manual twice now. Once before I bought the camera and once after.

I just didn't realise it didn't save the settings on that particular screen without a special selection of a special button. Most of the other settings one changes in the camera are saved without this additional step.

Thanks though.