Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-20-2011, 06:52 AM   #1

[langtitle=fr]Fonction Video du k5[/langtitle]

Bonjour, je souhaite acquérir un K5 et j'ai lu que la fonction AF n'était pas active lors des prises de vues vidéo, je me pose donc la question doit on en permanence faire la mise au point manuellement? lors de prise de vue sportive par exemple ?
Merci d'avance Philippe

02-20-2011, 01:03 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Yes, manual focus DURING filming. At the start when you press button half way down it AF, but you do not see the result on the preview window. For sports from the distance you may have no need to manually adjust the focus if you have enough focus depth.
Somewhere I read that K-5 movie mode is good for creative film making but not for point and shoot every day events. And my experience is that as well.
I recommend to explore some manual lenses if you are into creative stuff. Some of these you do not care for photography may be great for filming.
02-21-2011, 01:25 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Suosittelen K-5 ostoa, mutta harjotteluun kannattaa käyttää aikaa. Ei tarvitrse arvioida eikä arvostella senjälkeen niin paljon K-5.
02-21-2011, 01:52 AM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It is true that the K5 does not allow autofocus during filming.
BUT: Except for some rare point and shoot situation where autofocus might help, most of the time you don't even want fo use autofocus when shooting video.
The large sensor of your K5 generally results in a smaller depth of field (compared to standart camcorders etc.), often people call this 'artistic look' ...

So when you have moving objects or less trivial settings (objects in front and in the background), your camera autofocus would probably 'hunt' a bit to find the right focus spot. This is OK for normal photography but looks horrible in videos... this is why professional movie cameramen use manual focus.

Cheers.

02-22-2011, 05:50 AM   #5

QuoteQuote:
For sports from the distance you may have no need to manually adjust the focus if you have enough focus depth.
Yes, I guess setting aperture at f6.4 would offer good depth of field and reduce the need for constant adjustments, but I haven't tried this. If anybody has experience of shooting video with the k-5 and can recommend some settings covering most situations that would be useful.
02-22-2011, 06:45 AM   #6
Inactive Account

K-5 on hyvä digikamera, mutta ei ole varsinaisesti ollenkaan videokamera.
02-22-2011, 10:31 AM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by 30v iPentax Quote
K-5 on hyvä digikamera, mutta ei ole varsinaisesti ollenkaan videokamera.
It is pretty good video camera. Compared to all consumer and semipro camcorders.
I have a feeling that you do not use it for video or you have not shoot video at all. While I use primarily for movie and I would like to have more talk about this side of the camera. So do not try to shut down the discussion about video capabilities of K-5. There is plenty of picture talk anyway.

02-22-2011, 11:34 AM   #8

Original Poster
[langtitle=fr]Merci a Tous[/langtitle]

Effectivement ce n'est pas une camera , mais en fait c'est pour avoir un appareil appareil photos en priorité mais qui dans certains cas puise faire des séquence vidéo.
sans pour cela avoir un camescope sous la main . merci donc pour vos réponses . Philippe
02-22-2011, 01:22 PM   #9
Inactive Account

Omistan 2 videokameraa ja 30 vuotta harrastanut videokuvausta enemmän ja välillä vähemmän. Ja tiedän tosi tarkkaan mitä sanon. K-5 ei videokamera, mutta hyvä kamera.
02-23-2011, 05:28 AM   #10

QuoteOriginally posted by vanakaru Quote
It is pretty good video camera. Compared to all consumer and semipro camcorders.
I have a feeling that you do not use it for video or you have not shoot video at all. While I use primarily for movie and I would like to have more talk about this side of the camera. So do not try to shut down the discussion about video capabilities of K-5. There is plenty of picture talk anyway.
all prosumer video cameras let you set the ISO manually (D7000, 7D, 60D)... K5 doesnt
k5 is not usable for video
02-24-2011, 11:56 AM   #11

It is really funny that every time somebody tries to talk about video on this forum some of us start crying bloody murder and try to shut the discussion down. What is eating you, guys!
If you do not like do video with DSLR that is fine. Keep talking about shooting stills.
I looked through few past treads of this forum about video when K-5 came out and these ended up with insults. So people with interest in the topic could not participate.

The tests I have done with my K-5 shooting video make me pretty happy about the movie mode. I hope that more manual control will come with the new firmware. The video with DSLR is a big game at the moment and I am sure if Pentax decided to jump in they will keep up with the flow.