Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-20-2011, 12:14 PM   #1

Camera PENDING replacement

Well I sent my K-5 off to Cris Camera repair on 2/4. They received the unit on 2/10.. and as of 2/11 the camera has been pending replacement.

The communication with customer service has been fantastic. Always replying to emails within a day. I spoke with customer service and they said that my camera is waiting for a replacement model, which can take 2-4 additional weeks.

That sucks! Oh well.. at least I will get it back in time for vacation. When I sent it in, I also mentioned in addition to the stains, that the camera would front focus in low light when inside under artificial lighting. I will post my results once my camera returns ( and I did upgrade the shipping out of pocket so the camera would get back to me sooner than later). My cost for Overnight shipping back to me is $65 for those who want to know, or $35 for 2nd day.

I would be curious to know how long other members K-5's were "pending replacement" before a new model was sent out?

02-20-2011, 08:28 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I waited a week.

The way it was explained to me was that as bodies are returned they are checked in and put in a queue on a first-in, first-out basis. So if they received 100 returns, but only received 75 replacement kits, then 25 people will have to wait for the next week's shipments. I think C.R.I.S. is receiving new shipments of replacement kits once a week.

It's kind of like a queue for a roller-coaster. If you don't get a rear seat on the current car train, you get a front seat on the next one.
02-21-2011, 12:47 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-5-forum/130021-sent-my-k5-pentax...ml#post1390594

It went out in a blizzard, it seems to be coming back during one. Scheduled delivery is Thursday 2/24.

02-21-2011, 01:48 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Huollossa yritetään kusettaa saavat boonusta jos onnistuvat. Olkaa tarkkoina ja pitäkää puolenne.

02-23-2011, 06:00 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by designinme_1976 Quote
Well I sent my K-5 off to Cris Camera repair on 2/4. They received the unit on 2/10.. and as of 2/11 the camera has been pending replacement.

The communication with customer service has been fantastic. Always replying to emails within a day. I spoke with customer service and they said that my camera is waiting for a replacement model, which can take 2-4 additional weeks.

That sucks! Oh well.. at least I will get it back in time for vacation. When I sent it in, I also mentioned in addition to the stains, that the camera would front focus in low light when inside under artificial lighting. I will post my results once my camera returns ( and I did upgrade thehttps://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1394411 shipping out of pocket so the camera would get back to me sooner than later). My cost for Overnight shipping back to me is $65 for those who want to know, or $35 for 2nd day.

I would be curious to know how long other members K-5's were "pending replacement" before a new model was sent out?
They received mine on 2/8...Pending Replacement as of 2/9. Still waiting for an update.