Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
03-02-2011, 05:52 PM   #106
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
That's considerable motion blur. Looks like she moved during the exposure. Not sharp at all. As twitch observed, there is over-sharpening but it couldn't fix the motion blur.
Twitch edited his reply and pointed out that it was taken at 1/15s @ 200mm, which might explain the blur.

03-02-2011, 06:47 PM   #107
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Gentlemen! This was not about focus, in the K5 or any other camera , it was about "fillies"! , in response to Christine.

It was a lousy shot, taken very quickly without much thought or preparation and I just "doctored" it up enough to print a 5x7 snapshot that the girls put on the Store wall behind the register. Nothing serious about it....sorry for any confusion, it was not an example for anything except of a lovely young lady.

The original, unprocessed , just downsized. Focus Magic showed that the blur was motion blur......I did in fact over process it, but it is just a wall trinket shot.
Attachment 85147

Best Regards!

Last edited by Rupert; 07-29-2015 at 06:59 AM.
03-02-2011, 10:52 PM   #108
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Christine Tham Quote
She looks focused to me - maybe a slight motion blur - hard to tell.

But since I have been accused of taking OOF pictures, maybe I should bow out of the discussion.

But I can understand why a photographer may have problems trying "focus" whilst taking the picture. She is very pretty. :-)

might be time to get those eyes checked christine....you had me going for while..I thought mine were needing one
03-02-2011, 10:53 PM   #109
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Gentlemen! This was not about focus, in the K5 or any other camera , it was about "fillies"! , in response to Christine.

It was a lousy shot, taken very quickly without much thought or preparation and I just "doctored" it up enough to print a 5x7 snapshot that the girls put on the Store wall behind the register. Nothing serious about it....sorry for any confusion, it was not an example for anything except of a lovely young lady.

The original, unprocessed , just downsized. Focus Magic showed that the blur was motion blur......I did in fact over process it, but it is just a wall trinket shot.
Attachment 85147

Best Regards!
gotta watch out for retired Plumbers..me Dads one so I know what they are like with the ladies ....

03-02-2011, 11:39 PM   #110
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Tommot1965 Quote
might be time to get those eyes checked christine....you had me going for while..I thought mine were needing one
I think the point I was trying to make was that motion blur is not the same thing as out of focus.

And the point of Rupert's post wasn't about focus ...

But yes, my eyes aren't what they used to be, and I can't focus very well on objects on the screen :-(
03-03-2011, 07:35 AM   #111
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Christine Tham Quote
I think the point I was trying to make was that motion blur is not the same thing as out of focus.

And the point of Rupert's post wasn't about focus ...

But yes, my eyes aren't what they used to be, and I can't focus very well on objects on the screen :-(
Computer screens are hell on eyes. Young or old they do a number on eyes. I just completed my Taxes after almost two weeks of furious work, most of it on the internet, and I am now near blind, with one eye bloodshot red and OOF. It will take a while to recover. The only good news is that I will get a nice fat refund....the bad news is that it is my money being refunded!

Try to avoid long stretches on the screen, and make yourself blink often...it does help....a little!

Tommot.....I am old and harmless, the ladies know it, but humor me!

Is there anyone that has any idea when this new Firmware might arrive? That refund money is wanting to find a new home.........

Best Regards!
03-03-2011, 09:04 AM   #112
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
That refund money is wanting to find a new home.........

Best Regards!
I'll gladly send you my address!

03-03-2011, 10:08 AM   #113
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I'll gladly send you my address!

Part of it will go to that X100....I have such huge expectations of it and how it will make me a famous street shooter, and world acclaimed shooter of Convenience Store girls, that I am bound to be disappointed! I have wandered over to the Fuji Forum at DPR a few times and those guys have already started to beat the X100 to death...and it isn't even released yet! What is it with camera guys? Before you say it....guilty as charged!

I was lucky to get a refund, it means I didn't work a lot this last year, and sent in too much cash. Fair enough, I am becoming allergic to work. Just get me a good working K5 and I might give up work entirely. Playing all day is heaven! Mrs Rupert, still working, makes me prepare dinner every night......I even have fun at that, and am a better chef than photographer! Drop in anytime, I seldom prepare anything that is not delicious......possum roast might not be your favorite, so call in advance!

Best Regards
Rupert
03-04-2011, 08:41 AM   #114
Veteran Member

So still no fix then? [taps fingers on the desk]
03-04-2011, 09:03 AM   #115
Veteran Member

Hi there Falconeye

In response to your request I have tried the test to disable the AF Adjustments, and sadly there is no difference.

K-5 Sigma 30/1.4

1/80 F/1.4 ISO 3200 - which I think is approximately about EV2.5

My Sigma 30/1.4 requires -3 in the K-5s AF settings for daylight AF accuracy.

The amount of FF was exactly the same whether the AF settings were enabled or disabled.

It would seem that the -3 setting is ignored in low light??

Hope this helps.
03-04-2011, 09:08 AM   #116
Fer
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Smeggypants Quote
So still no fix then? [taps fingers on the desk]
Nope. And yet we were assured by unofficial sources it'd be coming out SHORTLY.
That was three months ago...
03-04-2011, 09:46 AM   #117
Veteran Member

I would have thought the Internet would make communication much quicker than the pre-Internet days.

I guess not
03-04-2011, 10:16 AM   #118
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Smeggypants Quote
I would have thought the Internet would make communication much quicker than the pre-Internet days.

I guess not
Oh it is much faster, without internet we would have been waiting twice as long by now.
03-04-2011, 11:40 AM   #119
Veteran Member

Well it just proves it's not the method of communication where the hold up is, it's the people. Electronic communication takes milliseconds these days.
03-04-2011, 12:40 PM   #120

Anyone going to Focus in the UK next week? If so please feel free to prod and ask the Pentax staff there when the new firmware is going to be released .... many thanks.