Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-01-2011, 02:21 PM   #91

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Snydly Quote
Sorry, this is off topic a bit, but, what is the X100 I've seen mentioned?

Thanks,

Bill
It's a soon to be released Fuji camera modeled after old style rangefinder cameras. Reputed to be very high quality image system. Not my cup of tea but I can see the appeal.

Fujifilm FinePix X100 First Look Preview: 1. Introduction: Digital Photography Review

03-01-2011, 07:57 PM   #92
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Smeggypants Quote
Now I'm allowed back in the thread - any news on a fix yet
Smeggy...they had a Firmware release but only gave out five of them....we looked all over for you without success.....reminds me of " ...you picked a fine time to leave me Lucille....."
Anyhow, if they come back around with a few more, try to be available and not asleep at the wheel!
Best Regards!

( Sorry, I just couldn't resist...you know how I am!)
03-01-2011, 08:04 PM   #93
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Snydly Quote
Sorry, this is off topic a bit, but, what is the X100 I've seen mentioned?

Thanks,

Bill

Bill, the X100 is a gorgeous little camera with some very innovative new features in a small and high quality magnesium body with drop dead eye appeal, and supposedly IQ to match. It has a single 23mm lens and is mostly useless to a guy like me that loves zooms, it will in no way duplicate or replace a fully functional K5 in most any category except that it is smaller. It is over priced and photo opportunity limited, and is best suited for old guys with more money than common sense. Yes, I have one ordered, I fit the targeted consumer to a T.
Best Regards!
03-01-2011, 08:11 PM   #94
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Bill, the X100 is a gorgeous little camera with some very innovative new features in a small and high quality magnesium body with drop dead eye appeal, and supposedly IQ to match.
For a moment, I wasn't really sure you were referring a "camera" ...

And I know when Texans talk about a "young filly" they are not usually referring to a horse ...

03-01-2011, 08:24 PM   #95
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Christine Tham Quote
For a moment, I wasn't really sure you were referring a "camera" ...

And I know when Texans talk about a "young filly" they are not usually referring to a horse ...

You know your Texans Christine, shot this at lunch today......using an old 645 200MM F4.5 on my K20D....for fun!
[IMG] [/IMG]

Yes, I can get almost romantic over the X100, it has me spellbound no doubt! That is a pretty sure sign that I will be disappointed....sort of like a 'blind date" where "what you imagine" and "what you get" are in two different worlds!

Anyhow, it will keep me occupied while I wait for the K5 to "come clean".
Best Regards!
03-01-2011, 08:37 PM   #96
Veteran Member

Yes, I can get almost romantic over the X100, it has me spellbound no doubt! That is a pretty sure sign that I will be disappointed....sort of like a 'blind date" where "what you imagine" and "what you get" are in two different worlds!
LOL - the modern equivalent is sighing over someone's Facebook photo, then realising when you meet the person in the face that it was just some random photo of a hottie the person is using as the profile picture ...

Uhmm ... don't ask me how I know ... happened to a "friend" of mine ...

Anyway you are a very bad boy don't you know you are not supposed to post in focus pictures in this thread - it's supposed to be out of focus, and we are all supposed to imagine how lovely she would have looked if only the camera worked properly ...
03-01-2011, 08:56 PM   #97
Veteran Member

Anyway you are a very bad boy don't you know you are not supposed to post in focus pictures in this thread - it's supposed to be out of focus, and we are all supposed to imagine how lovely she would have looked if only the camera worked properly ...
It's ok. That shot was taken with a K20D, not a K-5, so it can be in focus

03-01-2011, 09:09 PM   #98
Veteran Member

LOL - the modern equivalent is sighing over someone's Facebook photo, then realising when you meet the person in the face that it was just some random photo of a hottie the person is using as the profile picture ...

Happened to friend of mine too. He saw a potential beauty wearing a black skirt and a blue and white top sitting on the ground beside the water. He then realised this was all a sinister illusion, and the reality was quite hideous.

QuoteQuote:
Those who are capable of taking picture in focus ( which is most of us ) will have no problem refraining from posting such pics.
03-01-2011, 09:12 PM   #99
Veteran Member

Smeggy...they had a Firmware release but only gave out five of them....we looked all over for you without success.....reminds me of " ...you picked a fine time to leave me Lucille....."
Anyhow, if they come back around with a few more, try to be available and not asleep at the wheel!
Best Regards!

( Sorry, I just couldn't resist...you know how I am!)
Hee Hee. That's OK. I dared to challenge the great protected Fail Monster. I paid the penance and boiled the hail mary's organs in oil.
03-02-2011, 12:40 AM   #100
Veteran Member

i dont think he has..to me it looks OOF
03-02-2011, 05:47 AM   #101
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tommot1965 Quote
i dont think he has..to me it looks OOF
Or is it? If it was you snapping the shot, would you have focused on another part of the scene? If the subject is the girl, then yes it is in focus. If the subject is the candle, then no it isn't, but the creative decision of the photographer has nothing to do with the capability of the camera.
03-02-2011, 01:40 PM   #102
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GregK8 Quote
Or is it? If it was you snapping the shot, would you have focused on another part of the scene? If the subject is the girl, then yes it is in focus. If the subject is the candle, then no it isn't, but the creative decision of the photographer has nothing to do with the capability of the camera.
it must be me then, as the girl looks OOF on my monitor...considering the rest of the scene, its obvious that the girl was the focal point, or its the Jpeg conversion making it look OOF.....but as the rest of you are agreeing its in focus...it must be either my eyes or my screen
03-02-2011, 02:30 PM   #103
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tommot1965 Quote
it must be me then, as the girl looks OOF on my monitor...considering the rest of the scene, its obvious that the girl was the focal point, or its the Jpeg conversion making it look OOF.....but as the rest of you are agreeing its in focus...it must be either my eyes or my screen
Doesn't look OOF, more like camera shake, it looks like a soft picture that has been over sharpened a bit. But then I could be wrong.....

EDIT: EXIF is 200mm @ 1/15, I think my theory has legs...

Last edited by twitch; 03-02-2011 at 07:06 PM.
03-02-2011, 02:42 PM   #104
Veteran Member

She looks focused to me - maybe a slight motion blur - hard to tell.

But since I have been accused of taking OOF pictures, maybe I should bow out of the discussion.

But I can understand why a photographer may have problems trying "focus" whilst taking the picture. She is very pretty. :-)
03-02-2011, 05:51 PM   #105
Pentaxian

She looks focused to me - maybe a slight motion blur - hard to tell.
That's considerable motion blur. Looks like she moved during the exposure. Not sharp at all. As twitch observed, there is over-sharpening but it couldn't fix the motion blur.