Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-27-2011, 02:08 AM   #1
Forum Member

K5 - Cancelling User Profile Splash-screen

Is there a way to stop the User Profile screen from being displayed when you switch on the K5 ?

On numerous occasions people who have used my camera (including me at the start) tend to accidentally press the directional buttons when the User Profile screen is displayed. This causes accidental selection of a default profile, or a profile I don't want to use.

02-27-2011, 04:28 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Leave your mode dial on M instead of user when you turn it on?
02-27-2011, 05:15 AM   #3

QuoteOriginally posted by Teal Quote
Is there a way to stop the User Profile screen from being displayed when you switch on the K5 ?

On numerous occasions people who have used my camera (including me at the start) tend to accidentally press the directional buttons when the User Profile screen is displayed. This causes accidental selection of a default profile, or a profile I don't want to use.
If you are referring to the 'Status Screen', Check out page 295 in the manual. Turn it back on by uncheck the same and press info button.

JC