02-28-2011, 10:48 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Nämä jutut on enemmän alottelian forum.

02-28-2011, 11:42 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by 30v iPentax Quote
Nämä jutut on enemmän alottelian forum.
Google translate helped me figure out you just meant "aloittelijan" instead of "alottelian" it seems >> Which translates into "These things are more [for the] beginner's forum." ?
03-01-2011, 03:43 AM   #18
Forum Member

he is my favorite poster because it is always nonsensical.
03-01-2011, 04:12 AM   #19
Pentaxian

That canon poster seems a body lover, but who cares about bodies?

03-01-2011, 04:41 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by azimuthal Quote
I hate the locking mode dial on the K-7. It is very difficult for me to turn it, I never accidentally switched modes with my k10...
I don't even notice it's there - I have the K7 & the K5 and haven't used any other DSLR so for me it's just comes naturally I don't even have think about it - brain is in Auto mode as far the lock is concerned. It might be more of an issue for those people that have older models / other brands.
03-01-2011, 04:34 PM   #21
Veteran Member

I have both the K7 and 7D and prefer the Pentax controls, everything just seems to be more natural to me with the Pentax. The 7d has a bit more detail in IQ but its extremely minor and not something normal people would notice (nor can they tell if you are using a slr or point and shoot 90% or the time).

I never cared for the locking wheel tbh on the Pentax but prefer the dual wheels to the big thumb wheel on 7d. Also really prefer Pentax Hyperprogram as you can set it to prioritize for speed or slow and also you can set the range for ISO which is really nice. Can't do that with the Canon. The AF is really good on the 7d, different league entirely but for everything other than really fast action the K7 works great.

I have actually recommended the K7 over the 7d to a lot of new SLR users who don't need an action camera, its an amazing deal for a K7 and water resistant lens. That and the K7 is built so well compared to anything else in that range. You only really give up on ISO over 1600 and even then with some noise reduction effort you can still get really nice results.

I do hope the K5 gets some marketshare as it looks to be a great camera.
03-01-2011, 04:50 PM   #22
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sjwaldron Quote
Google translate helped me figure out you just meant "aloittelijan" instead of "alottelian"
He has a very strong " murre"= local tongue, this makes it tough to translate.
His comments are pretty much to the point if you know Finnish.

Morot kuusaalta.
03-01-2011, 05:33 PM   #23
Forum Member

Good points by the writer. As a Pentax to Canon user I see his valid points. Ergonomics though are entirely user dependent. Hated the K200's menus, dials, switches, everything. Loved the IQ though of the sensor. Switched to 7D, loved every bit of it. The only point I see as a joke is the one about the on/off switch. IMO the shutter button of my 7D blows away the Pentax's I've used. I hated the on off switch right on the trigger. I much prefer the location of it on the Canon. I few times because I have giant hands/fingers I would accidentally turn the K200 off if I was in a hurry to take the picture. On Canon's that would never happen.

03-01-2011, 05:54 PM   #24
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Raylon Quote
I would accidentally turn the K200 off if I was in a hurry to take the picture. On Canon's that would never happen.
Interesting how one could confuse shutter button with on-off lever, to me these are two different axes of motion. Goes to show you that Murphy s Law is hard to beat.
03-01-2011, 07:23 PM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Interesting how one could confuse shutter button with on-off lever, to me these are two different axes of motion. Goes to show you that Murphy s Law is hard to beat.
I agree. I've never had an issue with the on/off button.

On the other hand, I usually use USER mode ([P]rogram setting) and I have often accidentally scrolled one of the wheels on the K-7/K-5 without knowing it. When ready the camera again to take a picture, my aperture or shutter speed are screwed up. Now I have trained myself to usually press the green button before taking a picture. I think I should start experimenting with other modes to avoid accidents like that, but it is really nice having the ability to quickly change shutter or aperture when I want to. This has been a problem though as some of the photography I'm doing requires some quick action, so it's hard to notice one of the settings being locked.

He has a very strong " murre"= local tongue, this makes it tough to translate.
His comments are pretty much to the point if you know Finnish.
Morot kuusaalta.
I know absolutely nothing about the language. I was just saying basically that it seemed like he misspelled a word, making his automatic translation incomprehensible to most of the forum. However, Google Translate was smart enough to give me the alternate spelling to get a correct translation.
03-01-2011, 09:11 PM   #26
Forum Member

It's not confusing the motion, it was more like brushing into it while trying to get my finger to the trigger. Hard to explain, it happened to me more than once though. By the end of my K200's life the switch had lost it's resistance and was geting easy to turn.
03-01-2011, 11:10 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Kumpi on parempi Lada vai canon. Minusta K-5 on mailman paras.
03-03-2011, 06:57 AM   #28
Veteran Member

"I guess it makes sense, the Canon's have a range of around 12 stops and the K5 has 14, thats about 15% better. 14 just sounds so much better. emoticon - smile"

i wish people would quit shuffling numbers around if they don't understand what they mean, and thus avoid embarrassing themselves. (hint: the ev stop scale is exponential, the writer probably needs private tutoring for at least a few hours to begin to understand what 10% of one ev stop actually means; most people do ).

other than that, the thing i like about it is that it's honest, to the point, and from the perspective of somebody who just takes pictures with the camera.