Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-09-2011, 05:56 PM   #106

QuoteOriginally posted by Christine Tham Quote
Speaking of card readers, does anyone know of a good UHS-I or SDXC card reader?

Preferably something that sits on a faster bus, like USB3 or eSATA?
The only UHS-I or SDXC card reader I could find is from SanDisk

It is for computers with an ExpressCard slot and can also be used with non high-speed standard memory cards. I have just purchased one, and it seems to work fine with my MacBook Pro and a SanDisk 8GB Extreme Pro SDHC UHS-I Memory Card. You will need to download a driver for the adapter. There is also a user manual.

07-10-2011, 12:23 PM   #107
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
The last 2 weeks i was visiting 3 air shows, one in Paris and two herein Austria to test my new K-5,
i used AF.C mode as well as continuous shooting mode for the flight displays with jet fighters (hi-mode) with my extreme pro card, writing speed was excellent i always had instantaneous control on my display

greetings from Austria,
Sascha
:-)
07-10-2011, 03:14 PM   #108

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Resurrecting this thread: Did I make a mistake buying the Extreme Pro SDHC - UHS-I 8Gb Card?
Is it compatible with the K5 or not? I have firmware V. 1.03 and didn't bother to uddate it to the next (GPS-related) firmware.

I paid less than the current Extreme III (8 Gb) that's in my K5.

The salesperson said that this replaces the Extreme III ?? True?
Yes, it replaces the "old" Extreme III.
I've got two of them 2 months ago and they're working very fine ;-)

I've a K-5 with Fw 1.03.
07-15-2011, 09:07 AM   #109
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MouLaG fr Quote
Yes, it replaces the "old" Extreme III.
I've got two of them 2 months ago and they're working very fine ;-)

I've a K-5 with Fw 1.03.
Thanks for replying, MouLaG.

I haven't had time to respond earlier and I appreciate your confirmation that this card works fine with the K5 / Firmware 1.03.

I have not used it yet, not even formatted, but will give it a go this weekend as I am going for a short trip.

Cheers.

JP

11-12-2011, 08:11 AM   #110
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Upgraded to USB 3.0

So I upgraded my PC to USB 3.0 ports and bought a USB 3.0 cardreader.

I have now 3 of these PRO cards and like them a lot. Fast working in my slow K-5 and downloading files to my PC is a piece of cake now:

Test for speed:

I can recommend both card and upgrading your PC to USB 3.0!
04-25-2012, 03:47 PM   #111
m8o
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I know this is a rather 'old' thread by now. But Christine, wondering if you've checked the write speed with the latest (or near latest) firmware now that there have been 10 or more revisions since was last posted in this thread. Just curious if anything changed.

Thanx.

p.s. it's not that I expect UHS-I to magically become supported (as that requires hardware support too) but just curious if any streamlining was put into the processing or writing with newer firmware revisions.

Last edited by m8o; 04-25-2012 at 03:58 PM.