Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-02-2011, 09:43 AM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by KansasHorizons.com Quote
Does anyone else ever have even the slightest clue what these short nonsensical posts are that he adds to so many threads?
I'm sure it makes perfect sense in Finnish but in the translation, no. I gave up trying to understand him weeks ago.

Nice photo btw. I wish I could get a shot like that within a few miles of my home.

03-02-2011, 10:05 AM   #17

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Beautiful photo! These kinds of photos just make me want a K5 so much more than my K7 (which still shoots just fine, just doesn't do well in these kind of settings).
I still have the K-7 on the desk, I am gonna sell it though because with as many times as I need low light capabilities the K-7 though a great camera was never a low light contender.
03-02-2011, 10:45 AM   #18
Veteran Member

I think they should give up on the autotranslator... I've never seen it give understandable results in any situation.
03-02-2011, 10:50 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Well its on Flickr that way because it only takes finding your pictures on the web with someone else's watermark all over it claiming it as their own about once before you might do the same thing. With the storm photography I generally do it has happened far more than once to me and sometimes they remove even that large watermark so I believe I will let them remain in spite of your faith that no one would steal it.

I am sorry you couldn't see the picture for what it was beyond the watermark. But many have questioned the K-5's ability to do night / astronomy shots such as this and this seemed to fit the bill for their questioning.
Well yes I can see it's a great pic And I'm sorry some idiot has stolen your pics.

But as a viewer that dirty great water mark is spoiling the experience. Could not a much smaller water mark be used? or are you concerned the theives will crop it off?

03-02-2011, 11:05 AM   #20

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Smeggypants Quote
Well yes I can see it's a great pic And I'm sorry some idiot has stolen your pics.

But as a viewer that dirty great water mark is spoiling the experience. Could not a much smaller water mark be used? or are you concerned the thieves will crop it off?
I have had them cropped out larger than that.

I really enjoy sharing my photos because with my unusual fascination with shooting weather related shots they are often one of a kind even if not the greatest of shots at times, I don't mind sharing them but having found them on other peoples websites claimed as their own I was quite irked about that and decided that a watermark would slow it down and it has. I have been leaving them off more and more but when upping them to flickr it has been more of habit than anything. I have started leaving them off on FB and such but I guess old habits die hard.
03-02-2011, 11:36 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Did you get any results when you contacted the thief websites?
03-02-2011, 11:46 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Yeah but stars and long bulb exposures present a different shooting situation that there had been few examples of. Canon has been the king of astrophotography and when looking at the new low light capability of the K-5 many people were asking the same questions I had been asking about the K-5 "Do we have a new king?" does the specs translate into the actual astrophotography pictures?

Does anyone else ever have even the slightest clue what these short nonsensical posts are that he adds to so many threads?
It would be better without the copyright information

Roughly anyway

03-02-2011, 03:20 PM   #23

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Smeggypants Quote
Did you get any results when you contacted the thief websites?
Actually in the last case even their hosting provider ignored my copyright take down notice based on the fact that they didn't see any evidence that it was mine though I even linked them the original (unique) photo on my site. It seems without a lawyer and lots of money to waste on them that you get little satisfaction in many cases.
03-02-2011, 03:37 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Actually in the last case even their hosting provider ignored my copyright take down notice based on the fact that they didn't see any evidence that it was mine though I even linked them the original (unique) photo on my site. It seems without a lawyer and lots of money to waste on them that you get little satisfaction in many cases.
I run a forum and occasionally get requests from people to remove photos members may have hotlinked to. I'm always happy to do so.
03-02-2011, 05:42 PM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Kansas, that is a fine shot. Thank you for sharing.

Cheers, Mike.

"I'm sure it makes perfect sense in Finnish ". No, this one has me stomped.
03-02-2011, 07:40 PM   #26

Original Poster
Zodiacal light

Hopefully some others can grab this as well, tonight was better than last night. It becomes visible about 1 hour and 20 minutes after sunset.

03-02-2011, 08:11 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Great shot. Far too much light pollution where I am for this
03-02-2011, 08:13 PM   #28
krp
Veteran Member

Is that bright star Jupiter? I have my camera outside pointing west shooting pictures for a time lapse. I'll see if it shows up in my pictures but there's probably too much light pollution. Nice picture again.
03-02-2011, 08:24 PM   #29

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by krp Quote
Is that bright star Jupiter? I have my camera outside pointing west shooting pictures for a time lapse. I'll see if it shows up in my pictures but there's probably too much light pollution. Nice picture again.
Thx Smeggy and yes it is Jupiter.
03-02-2011, 09:19 PM   #30
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote

"I'm sure it makes perfect sense in Finnish ". No, this one has me stomped.
Stomped?

or Stumped?

Read the entire thread if you don't understand that particular comment.