Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-10-2011, 12:37 PM   #16
Banned

Photos: Gallery
O wow now I'm waiting for some news overhere.

what does it cost, and compared to the black version?

03-10-2011, 08:33 PM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by fototix Quote
Just got an email from Pentax USA that its in stock at the Pentax store. I called and they have 5 on hand. Go get em!
The question is ... 5 on-hand for existing pre-orders? Or 5 more beyond those? Mine's still saying "in warehouse." I hope they send by tomorrow or Monday at the latest. I mean, it says "In stock, ships in 1 business day" for new buyers.

If they are still backordered due to pre-orders, they should let us know when we can expect ours, at least a rough estimate by next week. In any case, I already ordered my WR 18-135 and a pair of D-Li90 batteries from Amazon. Here's hoping I have the body for Sebring too!!!

Only 5 more days still the fun starts!

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
O wow now I'm waiting for some news overhere.
what does it cost, and compared to the black version?
In the US, $1,699 for the Silver Limited Kit from the Pentax Store. Those of us who pre-ordered the first day (possibly others in the first few days as well?) paid $1,599, same as list price USD for the black version.

Last edited by bjsmith; 03-10-2011 at 08:40 PM.
03-10-2011, 09:01 PM   #18
Veteran Member

I just had an email from the web store that they are in stock. (I had signed up to receive an automated email from the site)...
03-11-2011, 08:46 AM   #19
Inactive Account

Onko tsunami Pentax loppu ja tuho vai vielläkö tulee uusia K-5 ja koska.

03-11-2011, 09:05 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I haven't heard a peep from the Pentax Store since they sent my order confirmation a couple weeks ago. I haven't contacted them either.

I've never ordered from the Pentax online store before, but expect less communication than the great retailers like B&H. Do they send an automated "product shipped" message?
03-11-2011, 09:53 AM   #21

Original Poster
If you subscribed to be notified (via e-mail) when stock was available, they sent an e-mail yesterday if you were. So I received an e-mail regarding stock.

BTW, they are out-of-stock again as of early this morning:
- PentaxWebstore K-5 Limited Silver Kit (PA/PCI)

However, I did not receive an e-mail regarding my order status being "In the Warehouse." And my order is still saying "In the Warehouse." I assume I'll receive an e-mail when it ships.
03-11-2011, 11:29 AM   #22
Banned

And no one yelling at the time of getting one at home?

03-11-2011, 11:41 AM   #23

Original Poster
It shipped! It shipped! Whoo hoo! Not confirmed yet as the tracking number isn't available at UPS yet, but I do indeed have a number!

Seems they fulfilled my pre-order from early February, right as they said they would. Whomever they are using for logistics did their job, and were fairly responsive on questions (within 36 hours or so). They ended up getting stock sooner than they had confirmed just recently (they said they expected stock around 3/15).

Now I'm curious if that "5 in stock" confirmation means those who didn't under until yesterday were able to get one. Anyone order just yesterday and are now seeing their "ships in 1 business day" met? Just curious.

In any case, glad I ordered when I did and got the original price. Should have it for Sebring!
03-11-2011, 01:28 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax should have sliver and black available for k-5 (since they have lenses in sliver).
Shouldn't milk their customer like this.

Lee
03-11-2011, 08:10 PM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Shipping confirmation in my email today as well. Wonder how many days? Oh well, it will certainly be worth the wait!
03-13-2011, 11:14 PM   #26

QuoteOriginally posted by Ron Boggs Quote
Shipping confirmation in my email today as well. Wonder how many days? Oh well, it will certainly be worth the wait!
any update on this?
03-13-2011, 11:45 PM   #27
Veteran Member

I'm green with envy! wish I could afford a second K-5 body right now... might have to settle for a K-r ordered in Silver/black something like that.
03-15-2011, 08:23 AM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Didn't land at my home yesterday, but I live in the middle of a national forest in a rural state so expect other's shouts of joy will happen before mine--though I'm hoping today will be the delivery day!

Deliveries in general seem to be a day or two slower than usual right now. Have a number of accessory items coming from multiple sources and all are arriving behind my expected schedule.

Post-holiday slowdown in the shipping biz?
03-15-2011, 09:26 AM   #29
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
I ordered yesterday from Adorama and expect to have it tomorrow, at least according to the current UPS tracking information. Unfortunately my lens may not show up for a few more days. Seems like they're starting to move.
03-16-2011, 07:55 AM   #30

Original Poster
Now home in Florida and boy am I impressed with the build quality! Wow! Just every little thing done very, very well coming from even my K20D.

I haven't checked the firmware because the batteries that shipped with the unit, as well as the additional two are drained. Charging them now.

I'm going to take some shots with the DA 18-135 WR later when one battery is charged. I want to check for sensor stains as well as compare the quality of the DA 18-135 WR versus the DA 16-45 (no longer have my DA* 16-50 f/2.8 due to an "accident" last year).

I'll definitely be shooting at Sebring tomorrow through Saturday, and I'll try to upload pics every night, maybe a video or two.