Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-05-2011, 04:28 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
neat little remote for K5

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

This remote work with K-5. Light, not expensive, tiny and very practical - helps you avoid blur for panoramas, etc

IR Wireless Remote Control For Pentax K10D K20D S6/S60 on eBay (end time 14-Feb-11 21:29:16 GMT)

also available from other sellers
IR Wireless Remote Control For Pentax K10D K20D S6/S60 on eBay (end time 14-Feb-11 21:29:16 GMT)

and it works - tested with my K-5!

Put your K-5 in remote control mode and check the light signal that is blinking to confirm the camera is waiting on the remote.

Enjoy!

PS Just wanted to report that it works, I am not involved in any selling whatsoever. Take it just as an opinion/review...

03-05-2011, 10:27 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Perhaps you had a better experience from mine, but i've got one of these laying around, not even heavy enough to be a paperweight...

It sort of works, for a few shots after resting for a few hours, but it seems to be dropping battery's voltage too fast and after reaching a certain limit doesn't fire anymore....

Tried it with a brand new battery with no luck and same symptoms... Along with the battery, 15 bucks vanished in Chinese farts... That said, i've been having lots of issues lately with stuff from china.... 3 Alpine adapters for the Iphone and none working... ((((
03-05-2011, 07:08 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've got a version - and it's great! Not so good outdoors on a sunny day - limits its range somewhat.
03-05-2011, 11:15 PM   #4
bxf
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dreamfoto Quote
This remote work with K-5. Light, not expensive, tiny and very practical - helps you avoid blur for panoramas, etc

also available from other sellers

and it works - tested with my K-5!

Put your K-5 in remote control mode and check the light signal that is blinking to confirm the camera is waiting on the remote.

Enjoy!

PS Just wanted to report that it works, I am not involved in any selling whatsoever. Take it just as an opinion/review...
QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
I've got a version - and it's great! Not so good outdoors on a sunny day - limits its range somewhat.
At the indicated price, it's tempting. Are you not having the battery drain problems mentioned by Alexeyga? What IS the range on a sunny day? TIA.

03-06-2011, 06:10 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Well mine is a different model, but same concept. I think I got about 4 metres on a bright sunny day outside unshaded (but that was a few years ago when I tested it, so I could be wrong). Inside I got over 12m metres before I ran out of room.
03-07-2011, 01:39 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Minullakin on vanha JJC aikansa elänyt systeemi.

Uudet paremmat keksinnöt on parenpia esim: allaoleva ja monet muut.

Aputure Gigtube Wireless Remote etsin + laukaisin on täysin uusi kameratarvike.
03-07-2011, 06:49 AM   #7
Veteran Member

A set of Cactus V5s is probably a better choice - obviously more expensive, but far more capable/higher quality.

For IR remotes - someone could probably reprogram a $20 Adafruit TV-B-Gone to output Pentax remote codes.

03-07-2011, 07:28 AM   #8
Veteran Member

I use an RF-602 for remote control of my Pentax, 100Mts + range 100% reliable and you can use them for syncing remote flashguns too (Manual Mode Only). You get half press and full press with these.

Here they are from a reliable UK supplier, quick dispatch, usually next day delivery (post allowing)

RF-602 Canon Trigger Bundle: 1 x Tx & 1 x Rx - Zone 1 on eBay (end time 25-Mar-11 19:07:52 GMT)

Usual disclaimer - just a satisfied customer over many transactions.

You'll need the Pentax lead (£5.00 extra) to connect to the cameras remote socket. There are two types Canon and Nikon, either will work, but I've found the Canon version to be better at syncing flashguns.

Chris
03-07-2011, 07:49 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisJ Quote
Here they are from a reliable UK supplier, quick dispatch, usually next day delivery (post allowing)

RF-602 Canon Trigger Bundle: 1 x Tx & 1 x Rx - Zone 1 on eBay (end time 25-Mar-11 19:07:52 GMT)
+1

I had a great experience with a simpler version of the one you've mentioned:

Wireless remote control f Pentax K7 Km K100D K200D K20D

Had one back in Nikon D300s days... and so far it was one of the most reliable remotes I've used...
03-09-2011, 06:33 PM   #10

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bxf Quote
At the indicated price, it's tempting. Are you not having the battery drain problems mentioned by Alexeyga? What IS the range on a sunny day? TIA.
I have none of those problems, but if I do run into something I will let you know by updating the thread.

The range was not a problem for me because I used it mostly to reduce camera shake for panoramas and to have more confortable shooting position in some case. I'll try to measure on next sunny day and give an update however

Thanks everyone for presenting so many and presumambly better alternatives as well! As for my remote I think main advantages are size, weight and price - all three microscopic! it was pure luck that I find my thing without your input and advice!