Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-08-2011, 07:23 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
buy.com @1330

Buy.com has k-5 at 1330$ with free shipping.

03-08-2011, 07:30 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Allison,

For what it's worth, and my voice is only one among others, my experience with Adorama (with promptness of shipping and the like) has been very good.

I'll be taking the K-5 plunge myself very soon.

James (fellow Pittsburgh resident)
03-08-2011, 07:45 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Don't mean to burst your bubble, but I cannot believe that people are still buying this thing. My good friend in Japan just bought two weeks ago from a very reputable merchant with high volume sales, thinking that all the problems were blown over. Boy, was he wrong. He received a replacement yesterday, and there were again stains on them, and to make it worse, this one had FF issue that the first did not have.

You guys sure about this camera?

BTW my auto 110 work flawlessly.
03-08-2011, 08:05 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Fontan Quote

*snip*

BTW my auto 110 work flawlessly.
Until you try to buy film for it!!!!

NaCl(have fun shooting with your 110)H2O

03-08-2011, 08:15 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
Until you try to buy film for it!!!!

NaCl(have fun shooting with your 110)H2O
Hey I said nothing about taking pictures.
03-08-2011, 11:21 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Helen Oster Quote
For Europeans, the price!

For the site - yes; the site receives a payment for every order you place that goes through here eg by clicking on the link beneath my name or beneath Adam's name.
Thank you, Helen, for the swift answer!
Yes, indeed the price, but what about the customs fee and shipping costs and -time?
03-09-2011, 12:38 AM   #22

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by willywalker Quote
I am not so sure about Adorama.

I bought my K5 there and found it very difficult to deal with them regarding the stain problem. They respond very slowly and, to cut a long story short, someone else is handling the claim now!

Every time I have dealt with B&H it has been a pleasure.
Update:
Following this post yesterday it will be noted that I received a reply from Helen Oster immediately. I later e-mailed her with details of my problem to which she responded with the utmost speed and professionalism!

This matter has been dealt with to my satisfaction and I hereby withdraw the above comment.

The way that companies handle their complaints is always an opportunity to create a "customer for life".

Thank you Helen!

03-09-2011, 12:47 AM   #23

I'm about to buy the K5 as well, and the 1st option for me is Adorama. When I bought my K20 several years back, I just came to the US and was not aware of the huge sales around black Friday. I bought my camera and 3 weeks later the price dropped significantly. I called Adorama to try for price adjustment. although I was after the 14 days remorse period, I got the adjustment - around $100.
This proved to me that Adorama are looking after their customers and not after their customer's money, and I'll buy my gear from them.
03-09-2011, 05:29 AM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am blessed/cursed by living in NYC. Blessed because I can browse in both Adorama and B&H, cursed because if I buy locally I have to pay a hefty 8.875% sales tax. That said I have found shopping at Adorama much more pleasant than at B&H, the sales staff are equally knowledgeable, but Adorama staff seem more pleasant and are certainly less...er...pushy I guess is a good word. I have even had them recommend less expensive alternatives to some of my choices. They also know their used stock and are quick to recommend used lenses. Many times I've gone in there planning on picking a few minor items and come out with one or two lenses extra! You can also get excellent prices for your used gear if you are willing to accept store credit instead of cash.

NaCl(good people at Adorama)H2O
03-09-2011, 07:31 AM   #25
Adorama Camera Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by philippe Quote
Thank you, Helen, for the swift answer!
Yes, indeed the price, but what about the customs fee and shipping costs and -time?

You should find all you need to know about importing to Belgium, here: https://www.cfe-eutax.org/taxation/excise-duties/belgium

In terms of shipping costs to Belgium, for example:

Pentax K-5 Digital SLR Camera Body

UPS Worldwide Express € 43.29
FedEx International Economy € 59.07
FedEx International Priority € 66.25
03-09-2011, 07:35 AM   #26
Inactive Account

On korkea aika ostaa K-5. Kohta ei vältämättä enään ole saannissa uusia K-5. Jakelussa on ollut ongelmia tai on lopun alkua. Olen odottanut omaa vaihto kameraa jo kohta puolitoista kuukautta. Myös täällä on pitkä jono odottamassa ensimäistään K-5. Ihmettelen missä kiikastaa, onko ketään selvittänyt tätä ongelmaa. Meillä maahantuoja on vaitonainen ja jälleenmyyjät käskevät kääntymään maahantuojan puoleen.
03-11-2011, 02:45 AM   #27
Inactive Account

Mitä vaikuttaa K-5 ja yleensä Pentax saantiin. Tämä tämänpäivan tsunam Japanin Pääsaarella. 10m aallot on ylittänyt koko saaren ja ydinvoimmalat on suljettu. Missä siaitsee Pentax tehtaat vaikuttaako niihin.
03-25-2011, 09:51 AM   #28
Inactive Account

First of all sorry about my wrong English language...
I'm consider to bye my first dslr and after a lot of hours in several forums i decide to chose the pentax K-5 and here comes my problems...
First of all i live in Greece an here there is not a big community of pentax fans and so is very difficult to find a store with pentax products.
When i went to stores and ask for the K-5 the salesman ask me but why pentax and they make me to feel like alien from my decision he told me that the after market service was terrible in my country and in the same time promote me some other brands (C,N).
After this i told him that i'm not interest in other brands at this moment and i want a price from the K-5.The price that he gave me was 1550€ for the double kit K-5 with 18-55WR - 50-200WR and 1380€ for the K-5 18-55WR.After research in websites i find that the B&H charges me $1399.95 for the body only $739.45 for Duties & Tax and $70.39 for shipping the adorama travels all over the world except Greece and i don't know the costs of taxes and shipping.The only choice i found is at amazon.uk that the double kit cost £1,098.00 or 1258,00€ with free shipping and without VAT for my country and the only problem that maybe have is the ac power plug but i can solve it with ac plug adapter.
The question that i have is
1 What about the service of pentax products in my country is it worth or to think from an other brand?
2 The research that i have had about from where to buy K-5 is it right or there is something that i didn't consider?
3 If i chose to buy K-5 from amazon.uk what is better to chose the K-5 double kit or the body only and some other lens at the same price? (this most because i believe that the body only must have a newer serial number than the kit and avoid to have a K-5 with stain problem).
03-25-2011, 05:28 PM   #29
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
if I buy locally I have to pay a hefty 8.875% sales tax.
It's almost 10% in CA. But, you are supposed to declare your out-of-state purchases on your tax return...