Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-08-2011, 12:29 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
K5 Noises

Hi all, I have had my K5 a couple of months now and taken my time getting used to it. Just recently it has been doing a few strange things. I was at a car show a few weeks ago and as I fired a single shot it sounded like it was in burst mode yet only one shot was taken,it only done this a few times.
Today I was taking a few pano shots on a pano head and tripod. I had it in manual mode and 2 second delay,shake reduction off. I took a shot and moved 20 degree,take another, then on the next one as I pressed the shutter release it felt as though the mirror was about to jump out and a bit of noise.It actually sounded like burst mode. It only done it every few shots. A bit of a concern. I shoot in raw+jpeg. I have been having trouble geetting sharp images for panos when using the pano head and tripod. I have tried all different shutter and aperture settings but still a bit soft. Just wondering if anyone else knew of similar things. We are heading to the USA in May and wanting to get a few good pano shots if possible.
John

03-10-2011, 12:25 AM   #2

Original Poster
Thanks guys you have answered my question by not commenting.330 odd views so obvious I have the only camera with this issue. so it musnt be an issue,
John
03-10-2011, 12:46 AM   #3
Col
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by campdog Quote
Thanks guys you have answered my question by not commenting.330 odd views so obvious I have the only camera with this issue. so it musnt be an issue,
John
As long as there wasn't a .303 shot, there could be quite a few settings why you're getting that effect first thought is in camera HDR (after the shot where you left with a jpeg only? Single push bracketing? (should leave you 2-5 images)
03-10-2011, 01:36 AM   #4

Some places to investigate :
- built-in HDR enabled ?
- aperture bracketting enabled, or mapped to the Fx button ?
- horizon correction enabled ? (may cause your blurry images on tripod ?)

Did you try a factory reset just in case ? Or update to the latest firmware released yesterday ? (claims to improve stability)

03-10-2011, 02:48 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ZEPsikopat Quote
Some places to investigate :
- built-in HDR enabled ?
- aperture bracketting enabled, or mapped to the Fx button ?
- horizon correction enabled ? (may cause your blurry images on tripod ?)

Did you try a factory reset just in case ? Or update to the latest firmware released yesterday ? (claims to improve stability)
Thanks, it is somewhere to start. I have put it back to factory rest and now updated firmware. Im sure because ther was a low response that it was a setting problem, try again tomorrow.
Thanks. John
03-10-2011, 07:11 AM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by campdog Quote
Hi all, I have had my K5 a couple of months now and taken my time getting used to it. Just recently it has been doing a few strange things. I was at a car show a few weeks ago and as I fired a single shot it sounded like it was in burst mode yet only one shot was taken,it only done this a few times.
Today I was taking a few pano shots on a pano head and tripod. I had it in manual mode and 2 second delay,shake reduction off. I took a shot and moved 20 degree,take another, then on the next one as I pressed the shutter release it felt as though the mirror was about to jump out and a bit of noise.It actually sounded like burst mode. It only done it every few shots. A bit of a concern. I shoot in raw+jpeg. I have been having trouble geetting sharp images for panos when using the pano head and tripod. I have tried all different shutter and aperture settings but still a bit soft. Just wondering if anyone else knew of similar things. We are heading to the USA in May and wanting to get a few good pano shots if possible.
John
I had what sounds like a similar problem with My K5. Intermittently, when the shutter is pressed, It would sound like the mirror was hitting something. Then, it would start flipping the mirror up on it’s own. This sounds like it is taking a picture but, it is not.
It is at the pentax repair facility right now.
03-11-2011, 08:37 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Col Quote
f
I had what sounds like a similar problem with My K5. Intermittently, when the shutter is pressed, It would sound like the mirror was hitting something. Then, it would start flipping the mirror up on it’s own. This sounds like it is taking a picture but, it is not.
It is at the pentax repair facility right now.

Sounds a bit like it exept It takes a picture as well
John