Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-08-2011, 08:46 AM   #1
Veteran Member

New Firmware in 2-3 Days!?

There's someone on the other forum claiming he just got a call from Pentax saying that new firmware will be released in 2-3 days that solves the FF problem. Seems kinda odd that Pentax would call someone to say this, but who knows. Anyway, there's a thread title over there that'll be obvious to you if you want to read it.

03-08-2011, 09:09 AM   #2
Veteran Member

The thread is here

It was posted from a DPR member in Greece who joined in 2007 and has made a total of 9 posts.

My money is on no firmware update this week.
03-08-2011, 09:41 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MrPetkus Quote
The thread is here

It was posted from a DPR member in Greece who joined in 2007 and has made a total of 9 posts.

Maybe the Gods told him?
03-08-2011, 09:56 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
.... remember the movie, 'the gods may be crazy' ??
maybe this firmware 1.03 update will be for greece only ???
it would be helpful for this individual to have been more explicit in this phone dialogue with pentax.... tell ya one thing, pentax imaging usa ain't gonna call anyone with this info.......

03-08-2011, 10:42 AM   #5

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MrPetkus Quote

Unfortunately as much as I want to believe this rumor, given the above facts this observation seems more likely.

Adam sort of put his reputation on the line a little over a week ago by saying the update was coming soon so for his sake I hope this comes true. In the meantime I will continue to wait without whining and remain reservedly optimistic that the fix will come eventually. I'd much prefer a proper fix fully tested than a rushed patch that may bring other unintended problems.
03-08-2011, 11:54 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by geezer52 Quote
Unfortunately as much as I want to believe this rumor, given the above facts this observation seems more likely.

Adam sort of put his reputation on the line a little over a week ago by saying the update was coming soon so for his sake I hope this comes true. In the meantime I will continue to wait without whining and remain reservedly optimistic that the fix will come eventually. I'd much prefer a proper fix fully tested than a rushed patch that may bring other unintended problems.
I'm not sure such a reasoned approach will be welcome in every quarter of the PF, but it's refreshing to seen it prior to the arrival of the boo birds.

I have a K-5 and modicum of patience. I'd rather have it that way than have no K-5 and a desire, nonetheless, to post a series of rants. (The preceding was directed against no one in particular - most people here can make their point without ..... oh, you know what I mean!)

Thanks, geezer.
03-08-2011, 12:27 PM   #7
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Any gamblers out there? I'm no gambler, but I know great odds when I see them.
Regards

03-08-2011, 12:39 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Regards
rupert... got a call from otis..... told me he thought this prospective release of 1.03 was nuts.... or maybe that's what he was eating at the time.....don't know for sure... i have trouble understanding squirrel dialects....
03-08-2011, 01:05 PM   #9
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yeah, but joking aside it's difficult to speak of reputation based on a forum's post count. We'll just have to wait and see...
03-08-2011, 01:22 PM   #10
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by geezer52 Quote

Adam sort of put his reputation on the line a little over a week ago by saying the update was coming soon so for his sake I hope this comes true. .............
You do realize that Adam isn't the one actually writing the firmware, right? I'm not quite sure how, if Adam were given inaccurate information, his reputation would suffer.
03-08-2011, 01:58 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
You do realize that Adam isn't the one actually writing the firmware, right? I'm not quite sure how, if Adam were given inaccurate information, his reputation would suffer.
I think he probably meant his credibility would suffer (as a source of accurate Pentax news), not so much that his actualy reputation would suffer. At least that's the way I read it.

Either way, my K-5 and I will patiently wait
03-08-2011, 01:59 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Regards
As a semi-professional gambler, I wouldn't touch this one with a ten foot pole
03-08-2011, 02:29 PM   #13
Veteran Member

I'll believe it when I see it.
03-08-2011, 02:46 PM   #14

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Of course I realize that, BUT in a banner headline on PF's homepage "Good News" for K-5 owners was on the way with the forthcoming release of firmware 1.03. All according to reliable sources that Adam (presumably) endorsed by officially publishing this info on the website.

No one blames Adam for the firmware not coming out, but how about judgment regarding the reliability of the sources. Pentax rumors about this, that, and the other thing are floating around all the time but publishing them like that on this website sort of gives them an official sanction and gets hopes up. Just an observation

As I said, I hope the release comes out soon and performs as rumored. Adam and PF are a wonderful resource for Pentaxians. I will continue to wait without whining.
03-08-2011, 04:54 PM   #15
Veteran Member

I don't bank on this worth much at all (maybe half a penny?)... But hey, if it does come out in a few days then I'll be pleased as punch because I'll be a K-5 owner after that!