Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12 Likes Search this Thread
03-12-2011, 08:29 PM   #151
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Fl_Gulfer Quote
The only think wrong with the K-5 is the fool looking through the Viewfinder in most cases..
I heard that there is a bit of that with 645D also.

03-12-2011, 09:07 PM   #152
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey guys.....lest we forget, just a short while ago when the FF problem was first being reported, those reporting it were "amateurs", "whiners", "trolls", and many other negatives. Now all I am saying is that people can have legitimate complaints, and we should at least give them some benefit of the doubt, some place where they can be heard without a barrage of defensive abuse thrown at them. The Firmware fix was not addressed to "amateurs" "whiners" or "trolls", it was to repair a very real problem...we should remember that. Some still have problems, although most are now well satisfied. We can't turn our backs and ridicule unless we are certain they are out of line.......that happened with the FF issues, and it turned out they were dead right....remember?
Best Regards
03-13-2011, 05:09 AM   #153
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Absolutely correct Rupert, however there does seem to be a inordinate amount of separate threads on the same issue(s), along with the usual threats of moving system and a basic write down of what is a fundementally sound camera. I did not partake in the sensor threads or the FF threads because it was easier for me to ring my dealer, explain that I was not happy and organise a replacement. I think what i'm trying to say is that if you have a K-5, it is new, under warranty, have it replaced. You don't need to open threads or sepearate threads over and over again. Someone who is researching the purchase of a K-5 for example would leave PF with a very different view of the K-5 after visiting this forum which I think is a bit unfair.
03-13-2011, 08:17 AM   #154
Veteran Member

I did say in Most Cases.
I did have the dreaded Spots but B&H replaced is with no problems. So I have been very happy with my K-5 since I got it when they were released in Nov. I only shoot outdoors so I didn't see the FF issue.
I will be leaving on Vacation the 1st of next month till the 11th, we will be hitting 2 blues festivals and Bush Gardens. I rented a Sigma 50-500 for those long shots and I have everything else I need.
We also bought a new Lincoln MKZ Hybrid (2 weeks ago) that gets 700 miles to a tank of gas, so far we love this car it has everything.

03-15-2011, 12:18 AM   #155
Pentaxian

Wow what a thread. At long last, and despite the best efforts of the resident trolls, I just ordered a K-5 body a few minutes ago!!
03-15-2011, 01:21 AM   #156
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by shiner Quote
Wow what a thread. At long last, and despite the best efforts of the resident trolls, I just ordered a K-5 body a few minutes ago!!
LMAO

well done mate..thats true grit for you ....
03-15-2011, 02:04 AM   #157
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I would not buy a K-5 to replace my K20D in a million years!

(or at least until I've convinced my wife I need one, whichever comes first...)

03-15-2011, 03:18 AM   #158
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by newmikey Quote

There is a separate thread someone here on Wife Handling / Negotiaton Skills to help with that problem
03-15-2011, 03:58 PM   #159
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just order it with credit-card and surprise her. She will stop screaming at you when she runs out of air and passes out.

p.s. just kidding.
03-15-2011, 07:29 PM   #160
Inactive Account

Or do what I did -- have your camera break in the middle of the family vacation and then promise to be extra good about everything until they relent and agree.

Now if only the IRS would help me out by send us our refund check.......
03-15-2011, 08:59 PM   #161
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by robbiec Quote
Absolutely correct Rupert, however there does seem to be a inordinate amount of separate threads on the same issue(s), along with the usual threats of moving system and a basic write down of what is a fundementally sound camera. I did not partake in the sensor threads or the FF threads because it was easier for me to ring my dealer, explain that I was not happy and organise a replacement. I think what i'm trying to say is that if you have a K-5, it is new, under warranty, have it replaced. You don't need to open threads or sepearate threads over and over again. Someone who is researching the purchase of a K-5 for example would leave PF with a very different view of the K-5 after visiting this forum which I think is a bit unfair.
Exactly.
Esp. so with the number of K5 threads 'spoilt' with the same few people going in and posting their bitterness.
Now it appears that these same fellas expect be hailed as some sort of hero.
Sorry man! Its never as easy as that. Irreversible harm was done.
The word going around is just "This unknown wannabe brand 'Pentax' got lots of problems"

Fair to the K5? Certainly not.
03-16-2011, 02:17 AM   #162

Frankly I don't see the point of thread headings like this when they are so - let's call it time sensitive.

We had the summer of 2010, we don't have it. Quite a difference. While it was a problem with the first batch of K-5 sensors, this isn't a problem any longer, opposed to what the thread heading might indicate.
03-16-2011, 02:24 AM   #163
Veteran Member

maybe it's time for a little objectivity here. This is just one forum, a place where the Pentax hardcore beancounters hang out, some of whom have discovered relatively obscure K-5 issues that most non-beancounters wouldn't even notice.

In the big bad real world out there, the K-5 is the most praised DSLR that Pentax has produced for a generation, winning awards and recognition throughout the industry and beyond, internationally, defeating top-end competition from other marques. It doesn't get much better: the K-5 is OBVIOUSLY a success.
03-16-2011, 06:19 AM   #164
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by drakkar Quote
Frankly I don't see the point of thread headings like this when they are so - let's call it time sensitive.

We had the summer of 2010, we don't have it. Quite a difference. While it was a problem with the first batch of K-5 sensors, this isn't a problem any longer, opposed to what the thread heading might indicate.
Good point. Maybe a better thread title:

"Did the K-5 stumble coming out of the starting gate"? Answer: absolutely.

Did it get regain footing and join the pack? Yes, and might even pull a length ahead, as long as the latest firmware does pan out (as it appears it will, for the most part.)

03-16-2011, 06:22 AM   #165
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

What would you change the subject heading to? "Is the K5 finally a success?"

The bigger thing is probably just to close threads when they get really far afield from where they started (like this one is getting now).