Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-23-2011, 04:20 PM   #256
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I'm still waiting for Ajoe to post his list of deplorable problems - particularly the ones that have not been fixed or even acknowledged by Pentax.

Ajoe...hello?

03-23-2011, 08:55 PM   #257
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I often go to this little Cafe out in the country for home style meals, and always take my camera. For the first time, using my new K5, I had no problem with fast and accurate focusing in the mixed lighting. The K20D would do the job, but often hunted considerably and the WB would always require some work in processing.
The K5 is amazing, fast and accurate, and just plain fun to use!

Granny in Green....The Cook
F5 1/40 50mm ISO 5000
[/url] [/IMG]

I am not as particular as some so I set the ISO to let the K5 choose up to 12,800 and use Tav mode. This way, I never miss a shot. Might not be a masterpiece, but my chances of getting a Masterpiece are slim and none anyhow.......I just want a usable shot, and the K5 can do that with ease for me.
Best Regards!

That's a very nice, sharp, in focus shot and I think no NR is best here. ISO 5000 on the K-5 looks great.

03-24-2011, 01:38 AM   #258
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by theperception2008 Quote
Tom, Denoise is also good at making granny a few years younger! Look at her arms! They look like they belong on a 20 y/o!
yep..it was a very quick and dirty attempt at 4 am this morning before I went to work..bet the lady would love me for it though..LMAO

QuoteOriginally posted by Smeggypants Quote
Think granny might be waiting for Denoise Cream in Jars.
your onto something there Smeggy, my missus wants to be put down for 5 jars whenever it comes out

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Steve, it looks a bit too smooth to me, but it's a personal preference of mine to use noise reduction very conservatively. I think about half way between the two (or even a little less) would be better.
Yep it does not improve this image at all...I do use it on a raw file sparingly then resharpen...seems to work well that way

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I was going to say that no noise reduction would be better, but Steve's a Brit living in Australia, so he's a little confused already and I didn't want to complicate things further.
Im always confused at the best of times..I blame it on the heat....perths in the middle of a mother of a heatwave..Ive forgotten what cold feels like

QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
Hey, steady on, Jim.
Coming to Australia was where his confusion started to diminish.
(He may have been really confused before, but I'm sure he is improving now, ans a few more years in Oz will see him cured)
its been 23 years this year...and I still dont have a aussie passport , Im still making me mind up if I wanna stay..LMAO....
03-24-2011, 09:52 AM - 1 Like   #259
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
I'm still waiting for Ajoe to post his list of deplorable problems - particularly the ones that have not been fixed or even acknowledged by Pentax.

Ajoe...hello?
I'll help him out here.

First off, my K-5 hasn't done a darn thing about my taxes. I still owe as much now as I did before I bought the thing.

Second, it hasn't helped my snoring either. My wife has confirmed this for me numerous times.

Next, my K-5 uses all my old Pentax lenses, so I have no excuse to buy new ones. I think my wife may have conspired with Pentax on this one.

Last, and perhaps most important, it hasn't improved the fuel mileage on any of my cars. This alone is making me reconsider my purchase.

And please note, Pentax has been completely silent about fixing any of these problems!

Last edited by Tom S.; 03-25-2011 at 09:51 AM.
03-24-2011, 11:45 AM   #260
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tommot1965 Quote
yep..it was a very quick and dirty attempt at 4 am this morning before I went to work..bet the lady would love me for it though..LMAO

I'm saying nothing
03-24-2011, 01:59 PM   #261
Veteran Member

I'm saying nothing
LMAO...that dont read too good does it.......chance would be a fine thing at 4 am these days...my old woman would have a fit Id say
03-28-2011, 10:01 PM   #262
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
It's quite likely that your though processes are as messed up as your spelling.
oh the irony... ire-nee?

03-28-2011, 10:10 PM   #263

failure???

It's one of the best damn cameras I've ever used, in terms of build quality, image quality, bang for buck and form factor.

It's as close as I've been to the 'digital OM4Ti' i've wanted since this whole digital malarkey began.

I *love* mine.
03-28-2011, 10:21 PM   #264
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tommot1965 Quote
LMAO...that dont read too good does it.......chance would be a fine thing at 4 am these days...my old woman would have a fit Id say
[s******] ....
03-28-2011, 10:22 PM   #265
Veteran Member

[s******] ....
oh FFS. the forum has censored a word for chuckle s******

I bet it censors a famous town in britain called S****horpe.
03-28-2011, 10:25 PM   #266
Veteran Member

oh FFS. the forum has censored a word for chuckle s******
S-n-i-g-g-e-r

I bet it censors a famous town in Britain called S****horpe.
S-c-u-n-t-h-o-r-p-e.

Oh come on that's ridiculous!
03-28-2011, 10:27 PM   #267
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
It's quite likely that your though processes are as messed up as your spelling.
you said it

03-28-2011, 10:32 PM   #268
Arn
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

So, this thread has been going since last September, and I didn't read it until today. My K-5 - an earlier one (384xxx), no problems. I love it. I'm not coming back to this thread, because why bother trying to justify someone else's perception of a problem?
03-28-2011, 10:56 PM   #269
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I haven't read all the posts on this thread yet so I apologize if someone has already said this (also only people that have been here for a few years will know what I am talking about)

But...

I thought RiceHigh left these here forums a while ago. Seems like he's off and cloned himself and come back to haunt us...
03-28-2011, 11:08 PM   #270
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lurchlarson Quote
I thought RiceHigh left these here forums a while ago. Seems like he's off and cloned himself and come back to haunt us...
Now that's going too far!
Then again, there will always be naysayers - and by virtue of vertical expansion (reproduction), there will be more of them. I find it difficult to understand the motivation of such personalities to stick around in a forum and continually express their negativity.

Well at least there's consistency in it...