Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12 Likes Search this Thread
03-09-2011, 09:19 AM   #31
Banned

QuoteQuote:
Someone who does not own a K5 has no right to say that the camera is good or bad, since everything they say is just theory.
Did someone make you the opinion police? What a complete load.

03-09-2011, 10:05 AM   #32

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Attached Images

03-09-2011, 10:35 AM   #33
Veteran Member

You anti-K-5 people get so boring so quick. The only shots I've taken with my K-5 are in my house at night after work because I get home too late to shoot during the day. EVERY photo is properly in foucs (in low tungsten light) and I have no stained sensor with a Jan 15th build date.
03-09-2011, 10:42 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Failure is relative. It is certainly less of a fail than E-5 or any Sony DSLR since A700 at least form a user experience point of view. I seems to be more successful commercially than any semi-pro Pentax since K10D and maybe the most successful semi-pro Pentax ever.

Even if it is failure. It is still not considered failure among our selves as much as the 60D or 600D is considered failure among Canonites.

And sincerely, it brought my photography to much higher level than I could dream of with previous Pentax cameras. If anything in my photography is a failure, then in the fist line it is me as a photographer.

03-09-2011, 10:45 AM   #35
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Just do the math.....

Pentax K20D Serial Numbers - Pentax Serial Number Database - PentaxForums.com

Pentax K-5 Serial Numbers - Pentax Serial Number Database - PentaxForums.com

Call it what you will.....I can't say, I don't have one, but the numbers are difficult to deny.
Regards
03-09-2011, 10:45 AM   #36
Inactive Account

i guess the best entity to ask is Pentax/Hoya themselves.

the replacements for the stained sensors could end up costing a bunch. they may still sell a lot of K5's but how much is their end profit? how big a bite did the replacement sensors end up costing them?

just like the k5, the d7k has had reports of user problems, but is it an inherrent design flaw that affects all bodies? no.
03-09-2011, 10:47 AM   #37
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dgaies Quote
Well, let's be honest. When you post a thread titled "Is k-5 a failure", what exactly did you expect in the way of replies.
Replies are fine, avoiding the topic is bad No intention to offend k-5 owners, but one can't just stop discussion.

QuoteOriginally posted by dgaies Quote
Why you care if people who don't own the K-5 feel it's a failure isn't clear to me.
Well, I am not sure if you got the point. I never said whether it's a good or bad camera, in fact I want one. The point of discussion is what are the perception and why people are hesitant to buy. TBH, if there are doubts and in general reluctance about a product, it certainly attributes to product failures at some extent, no matter whether the product is good or bad in reality and as we see from many replies, there is a certain amount of hesitant to get k-5.

03-09-2011, 10:47 AM   #38
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by elho_cid Quote
Failure is relative. It is certainly less of a fail than E-5 or any Sony DSLR since A700 at least form a user experience point of view. I seems to be more successful commercially than any semi-pro Pentax since K10D and maybe the most successful semi-pro Pentax ever.

Even if it is failure. It is still not considered failure among our selves as much as the 60D or 600D is considered failure among Canonites.

And sincerely, it brought my photography to much higher level than I could dream of with previous Pentax cameras. If anything in my photography is a failure, then in the fist line it is me as a photographer.
I don't think it will be anywhere close to a failure especially when the price reaches parity with the D7000. The K5 gets excellent reviews with everyone.

If Pentax went the route of it's "tough" point and shoots and showed marketing with a K5 and WR lens all wet or covered in mud it would grasp the outdoor adventure crowd which would be a great way for Pentax to grab more market. Right now if you want a SLR setup below 2000 dollars that is WR Pentax is your only option. They need to market the hell out of that.
03-09-2011, 10:59 AM   #39
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by yusuf Quote
Replies are fine, avoiding the topic is bad No intention to offend k-5 owners, but one can't just stop discussion.

Well, I am not sure if you got the point. I never said whether it's a good or bad camera, in fact I want one. The point of discussion is what are the perception and why people are hesitant to buy. TBH, if there are doubts and in general reluctance about a product, it certainly attributes to product failures at some extent, no matter whether the product is good or bad in reality and as we see from many replies, there is a certain amount of hesitant to get k-5.
No one is avoiding the topic, as this has been discussed to death in dozens of other threads. I just personally feel that starting a thread after to assess whether or not people feel the K-5 is a failure doesn't have a lot of value. I could have written the content of the 3 dozen replies you've gotten so far before you even posted the question. To be clear, I take no offense to you starting the thread, whether I owned a K-5 or not; I just fail to see what new information or discussion could come to light in this thread that hasn't been discussed ad nauseum already.

FWIW, I understood your intention, which is why in my original post I mentioned that if you were just interested in what people who didn't own the K-5 thought about the camera, so be it. I am fully aware that "doubts and in general reluctance about a product" can contribute to a product being a failure, but I think it's quite premature to make that leap with the K-5 at this point.
03-09-2011, 11:12 AM   #40
Veteran Member

I have a K-5. No sensor stains but badly front focusses below EV4

Would I say the K-5 is a failure? Absolutely not. I love my K-5. Once the FF Fault is fixed I'm going to buy another one.
03-09-2011, 11:16 AM   #41
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
A question, anyone thinks K-5 a failure?
I think it followed the footsteps of its predecessors like K10D & K7, so much hopes, yet so many disappointments.
03-09-2011, 11:16 AM   #42
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

............. but one can't just stop discussion.
Why not? confused2
What can be said at this point that hasn't been said? By some, over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, ....................................................
03-09-2011, 11:30 AM   #43
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Why not? :confused2:
What can be said at this point that hasn't been said? By some, over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, ....................................................
You are including all points of view in that over and over, and over, and over, and over and over,and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over,.........
Right?
Regards!
03-09-2011, 11:33 AM   #44
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
You are including all points of view in that over and over, and over, and over, and over and over,and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over,.........
Right?
Regards!
Absolutely. It's like watching two dogs chase each others' tail.
03-09-2011, 12:10 PM   #45
Veteran Member

So far, i've never enjoyed so much too use a camera. Except my first Canon T50 Slr in the early 90's.
I had stain on sensor. Pentax have replaced my camera. End of story, time to photography.