Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-13-2011, 03:31 AM   #1
Forum Member

In Camera Lens correction?

It's been suggested that if you choose to use in camera lens correction if will slow down camera write speeds. Have any of you checked this or have practical experience? I think I'd like to keep CA lens correction turned on - but not if it's going to slow the camera down significantly!

Vic.

03-13-2011, 12:09 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
it certainly slows it down, you can easily test this yourself. You'd be deaf not to notice
03-13-2011, 12:23 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Arbalist Quote
It's been suggested that if you choose to use in camera lens correction if will slow down camera write speeds. Have any of you checked this or have practical experience? I think I'd like to keep CA lens correction turned on - but not if it's going to slow the camera down significantly!

Vic.
Vic,

It considerably slows down the camera...

Both in its response to show the picture taken on the display (can take a few senconds then) and in the number of frames it can taken in contineous shooting mode.

Another option is to delay the lens correction to postprocessing.
Some programs (Adobes Lightroom for instance) have standard Pentax lens profiles to automatically correct lenses while processing your pictures.

- Bert
03-14-2011, 02:21 AM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the input guys, I think I'll keep it turned off unless I really need it!

Vic.