Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-23-2011, 02:29 PM   #16

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just received notification that my new K5 will be shipping today. They received my old one last week on 3/15 an a new one is shipping today 3/23. Can't wait to get my K5 back.

03-23-2011, 07:41 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Way to go! My replacement is going out today also! Like you, I can't wait to get a good K5 back. I've been using the K7 and keep running into situations where I so want the K5.

Hope I get it soon, that it doesn't get delayed by weather (like an item I ordered from Amazon, that it took 2 extra days to deliver because of snow). Come to think of it, they'll leave it on my porch, so I better do something about all the snow on the balcony above it...
03-23-2011, 09:17 PM   #18

Sent my K-5 with stained sensor to them on 02/28 and received a replacement today 03/23.
03-26-2011, 08:20 AM   #19

Original Poster
Got my new K-5 back yesterday: no stains. Less than a month from ship to receive.

They sent me the whole shebang: camera, battery, charger, manual, cables, etc. So now I have two of everything.

03-26-2011, 08:42 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter

My experience

Shipped to Pentax on 2/19,
Delivered to Pentax on 2/25
Replacement received on 3/25.
03-30-2011, 07:05 AM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter

I also got my replacement camera - would have had it Monday but I didn't think about the signature being required and so had an extra day for delivery. Not only is there no sign of stains, there's no sign of dust either. Seems to be working very well with one of the lenses the old one didn't like.

Shipped it out 3/12 (second day), they received it 3/15. They shipped the replacement 3/24, just over a week later. It arrived 3/28, just over 2 weeks for processing. I couldn't be happier and thank you all who have contributed to this thread, I learned a lot from this thread (like asking CRIS for a work order number so I could occasionally check the status, and what to expect as far as timeframe and that they seem to get their new stock on Tuesdays). While I wasn't happy about my camera developing stains, I'm really delighted with the service I got from both CRIS and Pentax.
03-31-2011, 04:47 PM   #22

New here.
I sent mine in for Sensor Stain. They just received mine yesterday and I spoke to one of there reps today, very nice customer service. She said I will be getting a new kit but, Pentax said that there will be a delay? It will take 2 to 4 weeks? Is this true? She quickly added that its highest priory though.

It shipped ground to and will come back in ground, im sorry but that is horrible. I live in MN and It took a full 5 days, not including Sunday, to get there. Thats 10 days of travel alone. Then stack an extra 10 to 20 days to that! These cameras are out of commission for a FULL MONTH!
Any one know if we can change the shipping method? I will be more that happy to pay for
1 day shipping.
All I have to play with now is my 7D and Im sorry but its just not as fun as the K-5 lol.
04-01-2011, 07:33 AM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SekaiFive Quote
New here.
I sent mine in for Sensor Stain. They just received mine yesterday and I spoke to one of there reps today, very nice customer service. She said I will be getting a new kit but, Pentax said that there will be a delay? It will take 2 to 4 weeks? Is this true? She quickly added that its highest priory though.

It shipped ground to and will come back in ground, im sorry but that is horrible. I live in MN and It took a full 5 days, not including Sunday, to get there. Thats 10 days of travel alone. Then stack an extra 10 to 20 days to that! These cameras are out of commission for a FULL MONTH!
Any one know if we can change the shipping method? I will be more that happy to pay for
1 day shipping.
All I have to play with now is my 7D and Im sorry but its just not as fun as the K-5 lol.

As long as you're willing to pay for it, you can ship and have it shipped anyway you want. One day shipping is something like $45 though.

As for the delay in getting the replacement, Japan had this earthquake and Tsunami thing....

04-01-2011, 11:06 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Ketä tinkii hinassa tai ei vaihda virheellistä ajoissa voi käydä huonosti. Ketään ei takaa saako K-5 loputtomasti. Huonolla onnella jää ilman kokonaan.
04-02-2011, 03:48 AM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by 30v iPentax Quote
Ketä tinkii hinassa tai ei vaihda virheellistä ajoissa voi käydä huonosti. Ketään ei takaa saako K-5 loputtomasti. Huonolla onnella jää ilman kokonaan.
I can't argue with that.
04-02-2011, 01:43 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Jos vaihdatte kameraa tai ostatte uuden rungon numero mielummin 4008xxx tai uudenpi. Tahravikoja on ilmennyt jo 400 sarjassakin. Tahrat ilmestyvät kovemmassa käytössä kuvatessa ja videolla kuvatessa helpommin. Itse olen ollut sitä mieltä, että Sony kennot olisi pitänyt vaihtaa heti kokonaan, kun ensimmäiset tahrat alkoivat toistua. Pentax kamera on mailman paras, mutta Sony kenno ei.
04-02-2011, 02:19 PM   #27
Site Supporter

It is the sensor assembly that is questionable, not the sensor itself. You won't find many people bitching about the Sony sensor in the K-5.
04-05-2011, 12:07 PM   #28

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just got my second replacement K-5 back from CRIS. 3 weeks... Nice job Pentax
04-07-2011, 02:13 PM   #29

Mine just shipped today, 2 day shipping to. Thanks Pentax!
I am a bit worried though. They replaced my SN-383 with a 387. After taking a quick look at the Serial numbers here, 387's were plagued with stains. I hope I get lucky.
04-08-2011, 10:13 PM   #30
Loyal Site Supporter

My replacement camera has a 394 number, while my old one was 392 (I think). I don't think the serial numbers mean a whole lot. The manufacture date of my camera was the beginning of February, that seems to be far more important.