Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-19-2011, 06:57 PM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Tommot1965 Quote
I think right now is the best time to Grab a K5....I speculate that the supply of new bodies form Japan may very well dry up due to the above problem...and if you wanted one..it would prove difficult in obtaining a camera through the normal supply chain

Nikon and Canon maybe. Pentax bodies are made in the Philippines.

03-19-2011, 07:05 PM - 1 Like   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by DogLover Quote
Nikon and Canon maybe. Pentax bodies are made in the Philippines.
As others have pointed out, there's lots 'o parts in them Pentax bodies. And you gotta have all of them, it seems.

For the want of a horse, the kingdom was lost. At least that's how the Plantagenets were supposed to have lost their dynasty to the Tudors.
03-19-2011, 07:19 PM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by glanglois Quote
As others have pointed out, there's lots 'o parts in them Pentax bodies. And you gotta have all of them, it seems.

For the want of a horse, the kingdom was lost. At least that's how the Plantagenets were supposed to have lost their dynasty to the Tudors.
True enough. Still think Pentax will be less affected.
03-19-2011, 10:40 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Hi aperture,
The longer you hesitate, the closer you will be to the next model!
Early adopters pay a premium price and suffer the teething problems, late adopters end up with their equipment superceded sooner! If you don't want your camera to be replaced in the marketplace by a new model, don't buy a camera: we live in a world of newer and better everything everyday.
But if you do buy a K5, be content that when the new model is released, however long down the track, you will still have a very very fine camera.

03-20-2011, 05:19 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
Hi aperture,
The longer you hesitate, the closer you will be to the next model!
Early adopters pay a premium price and suffer the teething problems, late adopters end up with their equipment superceded sooner! If you don't want your camera to be replaced in the marketplace by a new model, don't buy a camera: we live in a world of newer and better everything everyday.
But if you do buy a K5, be content that when the new model is released, however long down the track, you will still have a very very fine camera.
personally, I like being a late adopter and skipping generations ...it leaves a lot of cash for lenses (which are more important for me)
I have the K20D and will probably get the K5 in June ... second hand and hopefully at 1000 $ or less the saved cash will be invested in a DA* 50-135 (used also )
03-20-2011, 01:48 PM   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I'm usually a late adopter myself, and also skip generations (my new K5 replaces my *ist DS)
03-20-2011, 11:14 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Kaksi asiaa on mailmassa suurta ylitse muiden, Pentax , K-5 ja Pentaxforums.
Tämä forums on suosittu jopa näitten heikommin edustetuitten canon ja nikon ym. pienten kilpailijoitten lainnalaatikko jossa voi käydä leikkimässä ja härnäämässä suurinta ja kauneinta.