Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-26-2011, 09:18 PM   #91
Veteran Member




Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,994
QuoteOriginally posted by thierryk5 Quote
well certainly translation problems, and problem i had not studied correctly the K5 before,
but i read dslr review websites

and not all of them give all informations, one of them said it was limitated to 32Gb SDHC, and now i discover with this forum that 64Gb Extreme Pro can be used, so i had wrong informations too,

Is it possible for the liveview mode not to zoom in on the subject while autofocus ? (i cannot find how) ?

and to shut down the screen if not using liveview ? (the light on the screen bothers me when i am looking directly in the lens)

finally where can i see the firmware's version number ? cannot find it in the menu

thanks
View firmware version by holding down the menu button while turning the camera on. I don't think you can turn the lcd completely off (someone correct me if I'm wrong), so if the light bothers you, you may consider an aftermarket viewfinder attachment with a larger eyecup to block the light from your eye.

03-26-2011, 09:21 PM   #92
Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Oregon
Posts: 44
Yes you are right... all the professional reviews are wrong.

Yes, its a horrible camera, and a horrible company.

Go sell it (if you actually own one), and let the rest of us enjoy our horrible camera in peace.
03-26-2011, 09:26 PM   #93
Inactive Account




Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 16
Original Poster
thank you Dog Lover

PixleFish i think you have not understood me at all,
I AM A PENTAX COMPANY'S FAN,
i am K and KA LENSES BIG BIG FAN,
and i SUPPORT PENTAX by buying their camera for years and i will keep my K5 and post sample pictures in here be happy or not !

else yes some review websites gives wrong or incomplete informations, sorry but it is true
(some of them, not all !)
03-26-2011, 09:42 PM - 1 Like   #94
Loyal Site Supporter
Rupert's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 25,008
I bought Otis a can of Cashews.....he wanted Pecans....I bought him Pecans...he wanted Walnuts....I bought him Walnuts...he wanted Almonds.......I bought him Almonds he wanted Peanuts.........I bought him a big can of Mixed Nuts and he complained that there were now too many choices. Otis understands your problem, and offers his sympathy.
Best Regards!

03-26-2011, 09:49 PM   #95
Veteran Member
creampuff's Avatar

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Singapore
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,955
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I bought Otis a can of Cashews.....he wanted Pecans....I bought him Pecans...he wanted Walnuts....I bought him Walnuts...he wanted Almonds.......I bought him Almonds he wanted Peanuts.........I bought him a big can of Mixed Nuts and he complained that there were now too many choices. Otis understands your problem, and offers his sympathy.
Best Regards!
You're gonna shorten Otis' life with all that salt...
03-26-2011, 09:50 PM   #96
Inactive Account




Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 16
Original Poster
Rupert you should translate "Les croissants" from the french humorist Fernand Raynaud, it tells the same story,

unfortunately for you what i say is LOGIC and this logic is the same as the compatibility with K and KA lenses, it was made to use old fashion lenses, so it attracted people like me being interested in old fashion methods and lenses,
so it is LOGIC to do the same with video,
and if you are honnest you should understand it
03-26-2011, 11:40 PM   #97
Veteran Member




Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Suomi , Finland
Posts: 373
QuoteOriginally posted by thierryk5 Quote
Sain K5
ja olen erittäin pettynyt, mutta sitten mieluummin 100 kertaa minun K10D

Kannattaa pysyä siellä canon lelu puolella, koska ei ole varaa ostaa K-5, näiden juttujen mukaan.
03-27-2011, 01:52 AM   #98
Veteran Member
Jimfear's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Uppsala, Sweden
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 576
QuoteOriginally posted by DogLover Quote
I don't think you can turn the lcd completely off (someone correct me if I'm wrong)
Well you're wrong. It can be turned off the the degree that it only lights up automatically when turning on the camera.

And for the questions original poster presents, read the manual.

03-27-2011, 02:17 AM   #99
Col
Veteran Member
Col's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Stansted Essex
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 615
QuoteOriginally posted by Jimfear Quote
Well you're wrong. It can be turned off the the degree that it only lights up automatically when turning on the camera.

And for the questions original poster presents, read the manual.
Mine doesn't even do that... Set Guide display to 0sec. But as you surmise unchecking Status Screen would overcome the dazzling issue. I'm kind of in agreement that an alternative Status screen would be nice, a sort of Night vision preservation mode...nice and dim, simple red text on black... oh and add a clock display with seconds for B.
03-27-2011, 05:38 AM   #100
Inactive Account




Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Michigan, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,484
QuoteOriginally posted by Col Quote
Mine doesn't even do that... Set Guide display to 0sec. But as you surmise unchecking Status Screen would overcome the dazzling issue. I'm kind of in agreement that an alternative Status screen would be nice, a sort of Night vision preservation mode...nice and dim, simple red text on black... oh and add a clock display with seconds for B.
Press the INFO button a couple times to turn your screen off.

03-27-2011, 05:51 AM   #101
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Parallax's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South Dakota
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 15,619
QuoteOriginally posted by thierryk5 Quote
No Gulfer, i cannot buy a movie camera to do my interviews for websites first because they are too expensive,
I think this is an example of what people here are having trouble with. You are disappointed in your Pentax DSLR because it doesn't do movies as well as more expensive, actual movie camera.
My pickup has wheels and an engine, so does a Porche. I'm not disappointed in it though for not being able to accelerate and and corner like a Porche. I would also bet that people who buy Porches aren't terribly disappointed when they find out that they can't tow 20,000 pounds like my truck can.
03-27-2011, 06:57 AM   #102
Veteran Member




Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,994
QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
Press the INFO button a couple times to turn your screen off.

Well, that's embarrassingly simple.
03-27-2011, 07:03 AM   #103
Site Supporter
GregK8's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Western New York
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 614
QuoteOriginally posted by thierryk5 Quote
Is it possible for the liveview mode not to zoom in on the subject while autofocus ? (i cannot find how) ?
No

QuoteOriginally posted by thierryk5 Quote
and to shut down the screen if not using liveview ? (the light on the screen bothers me when i am looking directly in the lens)
Press the info button twice

QuoteOriginally posted by thierryk5 Quote
finally where can i see the firmware's version number ? cannot find it in the menu
Hold the menu button down while you turn on the camera
03-27-2011, 07:11 AM   #104
Veteran Member
dgaies's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Maryland / Washington DC
Posts: 3,917
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I think this is an example of what people here are having trouble with. You are disappointed in your Pentax DSLR because it doesn't do movies as well as more expensive, actual movie camera.
My pickup has wheels and an engine, so does a Porche. I'm not disappointed in it though for not being able to accelerate and and corner like a Porche. I would also bet that people who buy Porches aren't terribly disappointed when they find out that they can't tow 20,000 pounds like my truck can.
Bingo!

edit: FWIW, I'm certainly guilty of trying to drive my station wagon like a Porsche while trying to haul as much as a pickup truck
03-27-2011, 07:12 AM   #105
Loyal Site Supporter
Rupert's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 25,008
I'm disappointed too.....that anyone that has been a Pentax user for a number of years would find disappointment in the K5. While keeping in mind that no camera can be all things to all shooters, this camera is just simply superb in meeting the advertised specifications. Sure, it had a rocky start, but now that it shines, and make no mistake it shines like the Sun, how could anyone coming from an earlier model Pentax find disappointment? That seems almost shameful to me.
What would have satisfied most Pentax shooters would have been what was asked for most.....a K7 with a Kx sensor. Can anyone say Pentax did not far exceed those requests? The next model, no matter what it does or how well it performs, will find the same situation waiting....those that pick out the things it won't do and concentrate on those.
If you have a K5 and are not out taking advantage of what it Will Do, Otis would like a word with you in private. His Business Office is about 80 ft up in a big Oak Tree, and those that meet with him get straight or get a fast trip to reality....which is 80 ft below.

Best Regards & Let's go out and shoot something today! Post them in the K5 Photos, I love to look at what you guys are doing!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dslr, k-5, k-5 ii, k-5 iis, k5, mode, pentax k-5
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Macro Carré jaune et bleu loule Photo Critique 6 12-17-2010 01:12 AM
netteté sur Pentax K-x Rom-aie Pentax DSLR Discussion 4 11-26-2010 04:54 PM
Bonjour de Québec! blueryder Welcomes and Introductions 2 11-26-2010 04:52 PM
Nature Une plage encombrée loule Photo Critique 3 10-05-2010 12:59 PM
Macro Le repas de l'araignée loule Photo Critique 10 10-04-2010 11:37 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:34 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top