Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
03-26-2011, 09:18 PM   #91
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thierryk5 Quote
well certainly translation problems, and problem i had not studied correctly the K5 before,
but i read dslr review websites

and not all of them give all informations, one of them said it was limitated to 32Gb SDHC, and now i discover with this forum that 64Gb Extreme Pro can be used, so i had wrong informations too,

Is it possible for the liveview mode not to zoom in on the subject while autofocus ? (i cannot find how) ?

and to shut down the screen if not using liveview ? (the light on the screen bothers me when i am looking directly in the lens)

finally where can i see the firmware's version number ? cannot find it in the menu

thanks
View firmware version by holding down the menu button while turning the camera on. I don't think you can turn the lcd completely off (someone correct me if I'm wrong), so if the light bothers you, you may consider an aftermarket viewfinder attachment with a larger eyecup to block the light from your eye.

03-26-2011, 09:21 PM   #92

Yes you are right... all the professional reviews are wrong.

Yes, its a horrible camera, and a horrible company.

Go sell it (if you actually own one), and let the rest of us enjoy our horrible camera in peace.
03-26-2011, 09:26 PM   #93
Inactive Account

Original Poster
thank you Dog Lover

PixleFish i think you have not understood me at all,
I AM A PENTAX COMPANY'S FAN,
i am K and KA LENSES BIG BIG FAN,
and i SUPPORT PENTAX by buying their camera for years and i will keep my K5 and post sample pictures in here be happy or not !

else yes some review websites gives wrong or incomplete informations, sorry but it is true
(some of them, not all !)
03-26-2011, 09:42 PM - 1 Like   #94
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I bought Otis a can of Cashews.....he wanted Pecans....I bought him Pecans...he wanted Walnuts....I bought him Walnuts...he wanted Almonds.......I bought him Almonds he wanted Peanuts.........I bought him a big can of Mixed Nuts and he complained that there were now too many choices. Otis understands your problem, and offers his sympathy.
Best Regards!

03-26-2011, 09:49 PM   #95
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I bought Otis a can of Cashews.....he wanted Pecans....I bought him Pecans...he wanted Walnuts....I bought him Walnuts...he wanted Almonds.......I bought him Almonds he wanted Peanuts.........I bought him a big can of Mixed Nuts and he complained that there were now too many choices. Otis understands your problem, and offers his sympathy.
Best Regards!
You're gonna shorten Otis' life with all that salt...
03-26-2011, 09:50 PM   #96
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Rupert you should translate "Les croissants" from the french humorist Fernand Raynaud, it tells the same story,

unfortunately for you what i say is LOGIC and this logic is the same as the compatibility with K and KA lenses, it was made to use old fashion lenses, so it attracted people like me being interested in old fashion methods and lenses,
so it is LOGIC to do the same with video,
and if you are honnest you should understand it
03-26-2011, 11:40 PM   #97
Inactive Account

Sain K5
ja olen erittäin pettynyt, mutta sitten mieluummin 100 kertaa minun K10D

Kannattaa pysyä siellä canon lelu puolella, koska ei ole varaa ostaa K-5, näiden juttujen mukaan.

03-27-2011, 01:52 AM   #98
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DogLover Quote
I don't think you can turn the lcd completely off (someone correct me if I'm wrong)
Well you're wrong. It can be turned off the the degree that it only lights up automatically when turning on the camera.

And for the questions original poster presents, read the manual.
03-27-2011, 02:17 AM   #99
Col
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimfear Quote
Well you're wrong. It can be turned off the the degree that it only lights up automatically when turning on the camera.

And for the questions original poster presents, read the manual.
Mine doesn't even do that... Set Guide display to 0sec. But as you surmise unchecking Status Screen would overcome the dazzling issue. I'm kind of in agreement that an alternative Status screen would be nice, a sort of Night vision preservation mode...nice and dim, simple red text on black... oh and add a clock display with seconds for B.
03-27-2011, 05:38 AM   #100
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Col Quote
Mine doesn't even do that... Set Guide display to 0sec. But as you surmise unchecking Status Screen would overcome the dazzling issue. I'm kind of in agreement that an alternative Status screen would be nice, a sort of Night vision preservation mode...nice and dim, simple red text on black... oh and add a clock display with seconds for B.
Press the INFO button a couple times to turn your screen off.

03-27-2011, 05:51 AM   #101
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

No Gulfer, i cannot buy a movie camera to do my interviews for websites first because they are too expensive,
I think this is an example of what people here are having trouble with. You are disappointed in your Pentax DSLR because it doesn't do movies as well as more expensive, actual movie camera.
My pickup has wheels and an engine, so does a Porche. I'm not disappointed in it though for not being able to accelerate and and corner like a Porche. I would also bet that people who buy Porches aren't terribly disappointed when they find out that they can't tow 20,000 pounds like my truck can.
03-27-2011, 06:57 AM   #102
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
Press the INFO button a couple times to turn your screen off.

Well, that's embarrassingly simple.
03-27-2011, 07:03 AM   #103
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Is it possible for the liveview mode not to zoom in on the subject while autofocus ? (i cannot find how) ?
No

and to shut down the screen if not using liveview ? (the light on the screen bothers me when i am looking directly in the lens)
Press the info button twice

finally where can i see the firmware's version number ? cannot find it in the menu
Hold the menu button down while you turn on the camera
03-27-2011, 07:11 AM   #104
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I think this is an example of what people here are having trouble with. You are disappointed in your Pentax DSLR because it doesn't do movies as well as more expensive, actual movie camera.
My pickup has wheels and an engine, so does a Porche. I'm not disappointed in it though for not being able to accelerate and and corner like a Porche. I would also bet that people who buy Porches aren't terribly disappointed when they find out that they can't tow 20,000 pounds like my truck can.
Bingo!

edit: FWIW, I'm certainly guilty of trying to drive my station wagon like a Porsche while trying to haul as much as a pickup truck
03-27-2011, 07:12 AM   #105
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

I'm disappointed too.....that anyone that has been a Pentax user for a number of years would find disappointment in the K5. While keeping in mind that no camera can be all things to all shooters, this camera is just simply superb in meeting the advertised specifications. Sure, it had a rocky start, but now that it shines, and make no mistake it shines like the Sun, how could anyone coming from an earlier model Pentax find disappointment? That seems almost shameful to me.
What would have satisfied most Pentax shooters would have been what was asked for most.....a K7 with a Kx sensor. Can anyone say Pentax did not far exceed those requests? The next model, no matter what it does or how well it performs, will find the same situation waiting....those that pick out the things it won't do and concentrate on those.
If you have a K5 and are not out taking advantage of what it Will Do, Otis would like a word with you in private. His Business Office is about 80 ft up in a big Oak Tree, and those that meet with him get straight or get a fast trip to reality....which is 80 ft below.

Best Regards & Let's go out and shoot something today! Post them in the K5 Photos, I love to look at what you guys are doing!