Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
03-28-2011, 09:55 PM   #121
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
Apparently, most professional editing software uses 24 frames per second and 25 just comes out wrong or is too difficult to convert. I tried the video on my K7 a couple times, it was fun for a few minutes. The Hound didn't care too much for being the star but he enjoyed watching himself on the TV. I don't even know if video works on my K5. For those who care about it, better luck next time around. I hope you find that which makes you happy. For myself, And The Hound, the camera exceeds expectations in many ways.

Great shot Jeff.

I'm a confirmed hound lover. I have two beauts. Bless 'em

03-28-2011, 10:25 PM   #122
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by thierryk5 Quote
The K5 IS really really Much Much better than previous ones, and i really begin to enjoy it, i will never return it
Some people fall in love at first sight: for some people it takes longer.
I'm glad that you are seeing the loveliness of this little beauty - I hope you have a long and fulfilling relationship.
(Language difficulties don't make it quite as easy to sort out problems, or even to understand what the problem is.
03-29-2011, 01:03 AM   #123
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Smeggypants Quote
Great shot Jeff.

I'm a confirmed hound lover. I have two beauts. Bless 'em
Thank you very much..

Do Show us!

03-29-2011, 07:07 AM   #124
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
there are some fine camcorders out there, fairly cheap
Can you recommend one that is 1. cheap 2. has APS-C sized sensor 3. has same excellent IQ even in low light as the K-5 4. cheap ?

Not that I care too much for video in a DSLR... but I found it great for quick 1-2 minutes footages. For example my 2 yro daughter is dancing, I take a few shots and then a short 1-2 minute video to capture what still photos can't capture - it's great that I only have to turn the mode dial for that, no need to get a separate device (camcorder), turn that on, etc. And I get excellent quality even in very low light where almost all consumer camcorders fail and I'd need uberexpensive pro camcorder for same IQ. I have a cheap camcorder, it sits in the wardrobe all of the time because I cannot be bothered to take it everywhere with me, especially when it delivers worse quality than my K-5.

You know, there's a very good reason why movie and music clip makers use VDSLRs more and more... why pay 6-10x price for the same quality if you can get it much cheaper in a VDSLR and you can even go more creative with shallow(er) DOF.

So, I still use my K-5 as a still camera 97% of the time, but appreciate the video function for that 3%

03-29-2011, 08:26 AM   #125
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by simico Quote
Can you recommend one that is 1. cheap 2. has APS-C sized sensor 3. has same excellent IQ even in low light as the K-5 4. cheap ?

Not that I care too much for video in a DSLR... but I found it great for quick 1-2 minutes footages. For example my 2 yro daughter is dancing, I take a few shots and then a short 1-2 minute video to capture what still photos can't capture - it's great that I only have to turn the mode dial for that, no need to get a separate device (camcorder), turn that on, etc. And I get excellent quality even in very low light where almost all consumer camcorders fail and I'd need uberexpensive pro camcorder for same IQ. I have a cheap camcorder, it sits in the wardrobe all of the time because I cannot be bothered to take it everywhere with me, especially when it delivers worse quality than my K-5.

You know, there's a very good reason why movie and music clip makers use VDSLRs more and more... why pay 6-10x price for the same quality if you can get it much cheaper in a VDSLR and you can even go more creative with shallow(er) DOF.

So, I still use my K-5 as a still camera 97% of the time, but appreciate the video function for that 3%

No, that's not my line of work, but they do have a Google, Yahoo, and many other fine search engines for your hunting pleasure. Can you find me a Camcorder that can take stills like the K5, has the same size sensor, is excellent in low light and has all the features of the K5? Just add that to your search and get back with me when you find it.......
Will they ever make what you want? Probably, maybe, but most of us are still shooters and don't care if they do or don't.
Best Regards!
03-29-2011, 09:21 AM   #126
Inactive Account

Pitää ostaa oikea videokamera, jos tykkää oikeista videoista. Eikä vinkua täällä. Toivottavasti K-5 ei enempää videoon satsata. K-5 on hyvä kamera jos vaikka mailman paras. Seuraava malli tulee olemaan entistä parenpi kamera, mutta ei video kamera.
03-29-2011, 11:25 AM   #127

Wow...somebody did not liked something and mostly 9 pages of people who do not like his dislike, or what other like, or what they don't like, or whatever... do continue please, this is entertaining!

03-29-2011, 11:52 AM   #128
Veteran Member

Otis has been looking in on this thread, and likes the parts he likes but doesn't like the parts that are not likable....whatever those are? He says he likes to watch videos on Youtube but wants his still shots done by a real camera, made for shooting Squirrels, and the K5 is such a camera....all according to Otis.
I stay pretty confused most of the time, but think I agree with Otis...whatever that means?

Anyhow, the K5 does shoot Squirrels, what could be more important than that? Even on a cloudy misty day, the K5 will get you a Squirrel!
Regards!
[IMG] [/IMG]
03-30-2011, 01:31 AM   #129
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Will they ever make what you want? Probably, maybe, but most of us are still shooters and don't care if they do or don't.
I guess you either didn't read what I wrote or misunderstood it or intentionally misinterpret it.
03-31-2011, 06:47 AM   #130
Inactive Account

Ostimpa uuden kunnon optiikan K-5. Kuvanlaatu senkun paranee, eikä mitään vikoja löydy K-5 vaikka kuinka yrittää etsiä. Otimpa taas kunnon videon minun vanhalla Panasonis video kameralla, ei tarvitse leikkiä millään ei videokameralla.
03-31-2011, 07:23 AM   #131

I like turtles. I like turtles.
04-01-2011, 06:57 PM   #132
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Is that like a thread bump for entertainment value's sake?
04-01-2011, 09:01 PM   #133
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by simico;1446574[COLOR="Red":
]I guess you either didn't read what I wrote or misunderstood it or intentionally misinterpret it.
[/COLOR]

I either didn't read it....misunderstood it.....or intentionally misinterpreted it......I am well know for all three, but just which one I did in your case slips my mind. Don't take it personal, it wasn't!

Best Regards!
04-01-2011, 09:40 PM   #134
Inactive Account

Oohf Ouch! That's Hot....

Damn! I just know that Hound saw me slip. He's down there laughing his ass off at me...

04-01-2011, 11:44 PM   #135
Inactive Account

Kehitys menee eteenpäin, jo vuodenperästä on uudessa mallissa paljon lisää toimintoja. Puutteita ei milloinkaan, kaikki tulee aikanaan.