Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-26-2011, 07:13 PM   #76
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Fontan Quote
The truth is that I'm a fan of the objectives Pentax (Pentax lenses) because I am for the vintage, I try to put the old targets have the same picture as in the 70s, and Pentax was the only one that really allowed this
For a Pentax user who used to use film SLR's and therefor only could shoot 24-36 frames continuous anyways.. and probably not at 7fps.. what is the issue with the K-5? waiting for the frame buffer to clear is better and faster than changing rolls of film.

03-26-2011, 07:25 PM - 1 Like   #77
Inactive Account

Original Poster
par contre je vous trouve particulièrement "fanatiques", c'est à dire n'acceptant pas la critique, je veux un mode video 24 images par secondes, je veux pouvoir changer les iso manuellement aussi en video, je veux pouvoir prendre des images en rafales sans avoir à attendre un buffer, je ne veux pas que mon écran clignote en ciblant en zoom sur le sujet en mode liveview car ça me gêne,

le type derrière le k5 a 45 ans et il fait de la photo depuis 1984 !
et il développait ses photos lui même en chambre noire à l'époque !
03-26-2011, 07:36 PM   #78
Veteran Member

I am not a big fan of the auto ISO bleaching out or fading too dark while it adjusts either... even if you can't set it on the fly, you should be able to lock it.
03-26-2011, 07:39 PM   #79
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Well happy you understood me with the auto ISO problem Chex

thank you

03-26-2011, 07:40 PM   #80
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by David Quote
What is your K-5 Serial Number?
No Rupert, you credentials are not in question

I was referring to the original post on this thread

David
03-26-2011, 08:09 PM   #81
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Sounds like you should have bought a movie camera, Thats what I did. I never use the video mode on any of the DSLR's I've owned.
03-26-2011, 08:10 PM   #82
Inactive Account

Original Poster
to finish with it i can say i am buying only pentax cameras since 2005, ist D, ist* DL, K10D, and now K5 and certainly its successor, so i am a big pentax fan too !

but i think i was disappointed because i was waiting for better more in my mind.

and i agree with you, other brands are not better, it's not what i've said, i was just waiting more from my prefered brand, pentax, (specially the 7 frame/s, i was really imagining projects with animals running)

03-26-2011, 08:15 PM   #83
Inactive Account

Original Poster
No Gulfer, i cannot buy a movie camera to do my interviews for websites first because they are too expensive, seconds because what i am waiting from a movie camera is to shoot just like a SLR (i need the old pentax lenses on the camera),

so i dreamed pentax had understood it with the K5, and my dream came true with the K5,
unfortunately, it is 25 fps and when shooting from light to dark the sensitivity changes and i cannot make effects with light,
so it disappointed me

but i will do them in 25 fps, and continue to dream to a pentax 24 fps with fixed ISO for the future,

thanks to understand
03-26-2011, 08:21 PM   #84
Inactive Account

Original Poster
to better explain i was using a canon camcorder vixia full hd before the K5, but it was AVCHD, not 24 fps but 23.97 fps, and the most important is that i cannot adapt old pentax lenses on it (with f1.4 for example),
so i was terribly disappointed with these camcorders too,
and i was so happy the K5 could be a solution for me,
unfortunately it is not
03-26-2011, 08:26 PM   #85
Inactive Account

Got my k5 a Month a go happy so far,but I am still learning. I wont use video ,got the camera for stills.
03-26-2011, 08:32 PM   #86
Inactive Account

Original Poster
well robma if you are shooting only in 1 frame mode and not using the video, yes the K5 is really amazing i agree,
but i had the K10D for that,

i bought the K5 for the 7 fps shooting and for a video mode with old lenses like old movie cameras

and i had some troubles with it, hope i will find what i want in the future
03-26-2011, 08:39 PM   #87
Inactive Account

Original Poster
What i want is a digital movie camera doing just exactly what a movie camera did in the 60's, 70's,
with lenses f1.2, f1.4, 17mm, 21mm etc...

and all in manual of course;

it is what i am looking for since 10 years
03-26-2011, 08:48 PM   #88
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thierryk5 Quote
well robma if you are shooting only in 1 frame mode and not using the video, yes the K5 is really amazing i agree,
but i had the K10D for that,

i bought the K5 for the 7 fps shooting and for a video mode with old lenses like old movie cameras

and i had some troubles with it, hope i will find what i want in the future

I think the problem many people had with your first post is that most of the problems and inadequacies that you were railing against with the K5 were easily discoverable before you bought it. I know not all of them, but many. You were acting as if you had been duped into buying it when, in fact, a little research on your part would have shown you that it will not do what you want. It's not the K5's fault that it does not satisfy you. It was obviously designed primarily as a first-rate still camera and it succeeds in that role fabulously.

It also could have been the translator making you sound more belligerent than you intended, but it was perceived as an unfairly negative post, made worse by the fact that it was your very first.
03-26-2011, 09:03 PM   #89
Inactive Account

Original Poster
well certainly translation problems, and problem i had not studied correctly the K5 before,
but i read dslr review websites

and not all of them give all informations, one of them said it was limitated to 32Gb SDHC, and now i discover with this forum that 64Gb Extreme Pro can be used, so i had wrong informations too,

Is it possible for the liveview mode not to zoom in on the subject while autofocus ? (i cannot find how) ?

and to shut down the screen if not using liveview ? (the light on the screen bothers me when i am looking directly in the lens)

finally where can i see the firmware's version number ? cannot find it in the menu

thanks
03-26-2011, 09:06 PM   #90
Inactive Account

Original Poster
But i am persisting to think Pentax Engineers should know people using pentax cameras with K, KA lenses want to do the same with the video mode, and to shoot 24fps with full sensitivity control just like if it was a movie film inside