Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-28-2011, 05:10 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by imtheguy Quote
You must be a mind reader. Yes, only the mount ring for the body is anodized black (except for the contacts of course) and the rest or the mount rings are chromed, I guess, shiney anyway.
Yup, get some emery cloth and rub off some of the anodising. I sanded down the anodising under the lugs as that's where a spring contact is I think.

The mount ring/body is the return feed of the circuit and must be electrically conductive. Hope it sorts it

08-15-2011, 07:28 PM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Did this ever get solved?

I have gotten a K-5 since this started and have found that it doesn't stop down my K 50mm when its on my Vivitar AT-22 extension tubes. The K20D works just find with them.

Same symptoms as OP.

*Non-electrical extension tubes (no contacts)
*K-5
*Lens (or tubes) does not get stopped down for the exposure -- nor with a push of the green button while in manual mode
*After removing the extension tubes, the lens alone will stop down
08-16-2011, 08:58 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Since the K-7 the mechanical aperture lever is only working in Manual mode.

I have the same problem with my Novoflex auto-bellows. It works well with my K20D...
08-16-2011, 09:04 AM   #19
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
Since the K-7 the mechanical aperture lever is only working in Manual mode.

I have the same problem with my Novoflex auto-bellows. It works well with my K20D...
I'm in manual mode -- still no aperture movement on the extension tubes, through bare K series lens works fine.

09-01-2011, 04:40 AM   #20
Inactive Account

Is Anodized removal did solve the problem

I've exactly the same symptom. K5 + Automatic extension tube dosn't stop down .
Does any how solves the trouble? Is removal of the peint helpful ?
09-03-2011, 10:39 AM   #21
Site Supporter

bump for a solution...
09-03-2011, 11:24 AM   #22
Inactive Account

aluminium foil

I just put a piece of aluminium foil between the K5 connector and the extension tube. It closes the electrical circuit and the green buton is now working perfectly. Stop down is ok. Hope this help
10-31-2011, 10:00 AM   #23

I have a Novoflex Auto-Bellows which shows the some bug with my K5. Remove the black anodized solved the problem.

02-03-2014, 02:05 PM   #24

Extension tubes

Hi. Just a thanks for the info on how to get my non-electric contact ( and non-Pentax) extension tubes working correctly on my K-7. They are anodised on the camera face of the mounts, and removal of a small section of the anodising has enabled the end pin to make earth contact, and activate the diaphragm lever on the camera. A simple solution to an annoying problem.
Mike
02-03-2014, 06:50 PM   #25
Site Supporter

FYI in case anyone is still following this thread...Same issue with the K-3. You need to short the contacts. Aperture won't stop down otherwise.