Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
03-29-2011, 10:18 AM   #46

Yes - I just did

In case they don't read this thread, I have posted in the B&H forum too. Let's see what they have to say for themselves!

Adorama also have increased their price to match B&H, by the way, and the code issued for the $1349 deal is no longer valid.

Tristate is the current low-price leader at $1289 and Amazon is currently at $1299.

Mike

03-29-2011, 11:35 AM   #47

Dear All Senior Members,

I am from Singapore. This K-5 thingy is really getting in my head and with the comment you guys posted, Oh My God, I really have the urge to ship one over to my side. May I just check Amazon really not charging any shipping? I mean I do not have any online purchase experience so would like to check with you guys. I think it will be faster this way rather than testing it myself if I am really getting one. Is this a really good buy? My brother-in-law told me last sunday that there is this webstore call Gizmobuy selling K-5 too. Is their price competitive? Will I be getting a better bargain from Amazon instead? I couldn't google it..has anyone heard of this site? is it GizmoBuy - Online Electronics Mall or www.gizmobuy.net? or isit something else? They just went Honeymoon in New Zealand and I don't think I want to bother him with this. so is there someone here who are able to advise me? I mean I would just like to find out the price first before I can work on my budget to consider if I can afford one. By the way, I heard there is also a silver colour K-5 version? so is Amazon selling the Black one or the Silver one or Both? Your help will be greatly appreciated.
03-29-2011, 11:42 AM   #48
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Most likely they intended that the price after the $100 discount is $1399, so someone entered that price in the website database. The system however applied the $100 discount because it was expecting the item price in the database to be the pre-discount price. Someone noticed the error and they fixed it. Some of you got lucky, some of you got the deal that was intended from the beginning.

This is just one of many possible scenarios, so I could be way off base, but it sounds reasonable.
03-29-2011, 03:00 PM   #49

oh yea.

i got mid day notification yesterday of the Amazon price drop and sent in a Price Match Request to B&H to match the Amazon and Tri-State prices...and they sent me a quote matching the Amazon price.

The big reason i wanted B&H over Amazon was because they stocked the Epson R1900, and i also had that added to my quote... order complete, both items shipped today.

Guys, don't rely on a listing, if a reputable site has a sale price... 99% of the other outfits will match or beat it -> they want your business.

$400 rebate here i come!

03-29-2011, 04:24 PM   #50

Drives me crazy... I spoke to 3 different people at B&H (including a sales manager) who told me there was nothing they could do about the price. Of course even if I could get someone to PM Amazon, the r1900 is out of stock again.
03-30-2011, 07:32 AM   #51

I sent an email to sales@bhphotovideo.com with the links to both sites with lower prices. I received a quote with price match within minutes ... only thing i can think of is maybe they have a limit on these price matches.... and that would be lame if true.