Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-31-2011, 07:57 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Is there a warranty card for the K-5 in USA?

After reading a thread where someone bought a K-5 from BH that did not come with a warranty card, I checked my box for the K-5 that arrived last Friday from BH, and I also did not find a warranty card.

Question is simple -- is there supposed to be a warranty card for K-5's sold in the U.S.?

Please note that the question is not whether or not a warranty card is necessary for future potential issues. Rather, the question is whether or not there is a card that comes with the K-5.

I looked at the content inventory list in page 18 of the manual, and it does not list a warranty card as part of the content.

However, there is a small piece of paper with tear out edges with the serial code printed on it which goes on to state "this is not a Warranty Card." By implication, the reference that something is not a Warranty Card would mean that there IS a warranty card somewhere, but the slip of paper with the serial number does NOT constitute the warranty card.

Anyway, can the USA K-5 owners please let me know if your new K-5 came with a warranty card (or not)?

Thank you for your help.

03-31-2011, 08:10 AM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Armanius Quote

Question is simple -- is there supposed to be a warranty card for K-5's sold in the U.S.?
Answer is simpler -- no.
03-31-2011, 10:42 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K-7 didn't come with a warranty card either. As long as you buy it from a reputable US seller, then Pentax grants the warranty. Pentax USA even gave us K-7 owners a free 2 year extension on our warranties... Just wish they did that for the K-5. Now you have to buy it.
04-01-2011, 12:28 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

I see that you can also acquire a Pentax extended warranty for $20, going out another 2 years - total of 3.My K20 came with it and it has come in handy....

04-01-2011, 12:35 PM   #5
Veteran Member

There is a seller on the amazon marketplace that is selling the 2yr warranty for $10 bucks - got it in 4 days, best deal going.
04-01-2011, 12:36 PM   #6

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pxpaulx Quote
There is a seller on the amazon marketplace that is selling the 2yr warranty for $10 bucks - got it in 4 days, best deal going.
I did this too. Amazon, $10, came in four days, painless...
04-01-2011, 08:16 PM   #7

Photos: Albums
Yes. Mine had one and it was with the manual and serial number card. You don't need it. All you really need is your receipt, which is good because someone took it upon themselves to throw away my empty k5 box thinking it was trash.

QuoteOriginally posted by Armanius Quote

Last edited by 41ants; 04-01-2011 at 08:21 PM.
04-01-2011, 08:52 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by 41ants Quote
Yes. Mine had one and it was with the manual and serial number card. You don't need it. All you really need is your receipt, which is good because someone took it upon themselves to throw away my empty k5 box thinking it was trash.
You're not in the U.S., though, are you?

04-01-2011, 09:25 PM   #9

You can also go to the Pentax USA site and register your camera right on their offical site. Seems like a good idea.
04-02-2011, 09:26 AM   #10

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks for the info everyone.

Was disappointed with the one BH customer service representative I dealt with though, when I called to ask about the warranty card.

The CSR didn't know the answer and said it was IMPOSSIBLE for him to find that information. After I insisted, he said he'd check with sales and get right back to me. He never did. Wish I remembered his name.