Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
04-12-2011, 10:48 PM   #16
Forum Member

Original Poster
I only searched in K-5 section. That was my problem.
I guess I got bit of readings to do.
Thanks,

04-12-2011, 11:34 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by glee46 Quote
They might keep ya dry on the outside if you're standing still scratching your butt. However, if you're heading up 6,000 ft mountain with 80lbs on your back, then you're going to sweat like a pig.
Too sad, I met her only last week and she told me all about you. '-)
Not sure any Aussie Stockman from the High Country would agree with you.

Greetings
04-13-2011, 07:23 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
Too sad, I met her only last week and she told me all about you. '-)
Not sure any Aussie Stockman from the High Country would agree with you.
Greetings
An Aussie Stockman is the same as our American Cowboy. And the last time I saw one, (Hmm, that would be yesterday) They were sitting on a horse. The dog was herding the cows & he was on his cell phone.

As heavy as the Driza-Bone are, you might as well wear a tent. However, to be fair lets try a little experiment.

Wait till winter time. Get your K5 and one of your best lenses. Throw on the Pentax Battery Grip.

Now put on your Driza-Bone, or whatever else you've been told will keep you dry.

Next get out a backpack & fill it with your best gear. Fill it till its at least 50lbs & put that on over your rain-gear.

Then get a step-climber & put it in the front yard. Turn the sprinklers on full. Now for the next 10 to 12 hrs start climbing. At the end of the day, set your tent up, eat and go to bed. (Don't forget to take some pictures of those lovely raindrops)

Repeat. At least 3 weeks.

And hey, you can even bring your horse along to watch.

For those who don't have the time. Do all of the above, except do it in the shower. Try to take as many pictures as possible.

I doubt many people would even want to take their camera, lenses, and battery grip into where someone is taking a hot shower.

There are two types of people. Those who are intelligent enough to do research, ask the right questions, and then make a decision.

Then there are those who are pretty stupid who believe and buy into everything.

Once they discover most of it doesn't work in the real world, they get on these forums and tell people why buying or doing something is not a great idea.

I'm the latter. I learned a lot by being stupid.
04-13-2011, 08:21 AM   #19
Veteran Member

My RW Gear

Thought I would share my WR gear. Total weight @ 6oz. I can wear my pack under it. Air can get in and keep me cool. When there's a break in the weather, it takes a second & I'm ready to shoot.

Rain Flap Down

Rain Flap Up

Total cost @ $30 US

04-13-2011, 08:50 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Nice mannequin ...
04-13-2011, 10:31 AM   #21
Veteran Member

That's BOB

QuoteOriginally posted by MrPetkus Quote
Nice mannequin ...
Body Opponent Bag, or BOB for short.

Before I had my accident, I was the owner & Chief Instructor teaching MMA, & realistic self defense to law enforcement.

Now, it's just BOB, my dog and myself.

BOB, also likes playing dress up, works for nothing, doesn't complained at all, & so far, hasn't told me I suck as a photographer.
04-13-2011, 11:46 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
They might keep ya dry on the outside if you're standing still scratching your butt. However, if you're heading up 6,000 ft mountain with 80lbs on your back, then you're going to sweat like a pig.
anyone looking for a new signature?

I'm going to give the third party k5 grip a try. I've never had any luck with goretex anyway.

04-13-2011, 12:47 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Goretex - Delightfully Vague

QuoteOriginally posted by Deiberson Quote
anyone looking for a new signature?

I'm going to give the third party k5 grip a try. I've never had any luck with goretex anyway.
Ahh yes, Goretex.
Bill Cosby said, "The very first law in advertising is to avoid the concrete promise and cultivate the delightfully vague."

And, I can't remember who said this, but, "Everything is vague to a degree we do not realize until we try and make it more precise."

WR, Shock Proof, User Friendly, or my favorite - Idiot Proof

I think: And trust me, I could be wrong, but most people with battery grips leave them off 80% to 90% of the time. In the long run, I'm significantly feeling better gazing at it on the shelf when it only cost me $42 then $150.

Anyway, good for you.
04-13-2011, 01:22 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
so that grip is also for the k5 not just the k7? just checking before i place the order.
04-13-2011, 01:58 PM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

*snip*

I think: And trust me, I could be wrong, but most people with battery grips leave them off 80% to 90% of the time. In the long run, I'm significantly feeling better gazing at it on the shelf when it only cost me $42 then $150.

Anyway, good for you.
[/SIZE]
Guess I'm not "most people" my grip stays on my K20D unless 1) I'm changing batteries in the body or 2) doing extended tripod work.
I also use the gen-u-ine pentax grip. Transferred it from my K10D, I've been lucky enough not to be caught in torrential downpours with the K20D yet but I have been in them with the K10D. And the grip "worked as intended". I didn't have to worry that it was as "WP" as the "real" one, and that alone was worth the extra price I paid for it.

I was out shooting until they stopped the music 2 hrs later.

NaCl(the proof is in the pudding)H2O

edit: I'm also a firm believer in ponchos, I've one exactly the same except orange, and it fits over my bag (which has a raincoat too)
04-13-2011, 02:25 PM   #26
Forum Member

Original Poster
In the long run, I'm significantly feeling better gazing at it on the shelf when it only cost me $42 then $150.
Amen!!!
04-13-2011, 02:39 PM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ndy4eva Quote
I only searched in K-5 section. That was my problem.
I guess I got bit of readings to do.
Thanks,
You are welcome.
04-13-2011, 02:42 PM   #28
Veteran Member

spend the extra on the pentax grip..it worths the extra money...not cause its WR..but the feel and fit are quite a step up from the knock off grips..Ive had both..so I know what Im talking about..

best to save your pennies and get the real deal IMHO
04-13-2011, 03:17 PM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Snow shots can be fun, no matter what camera.

Last edited by Ex Finn.; 11-11-2014 at 05:49 PM.
04-13-2011, 03:21 PM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WR can come in handy.

Last edited by Ex Finn.; 11-11-2014 at 05:49 PM.