Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-16-2011, 10:21 AM   #16
Pentaxian

You probably want to check this and dpreview for threads on this subject. It seems to come up every few months. Oddly enough, the question generates the same answers each time.

04-17-2011, 10:42 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by glanglois Quote
You probably want to check this and dpreview for threads on this subject. It seems to come up every few months. Oddly enough, the question generates the same answers each time.
LOL. Ya, PD2000 on ebay is OK. I bought DFA100WR from them as they offer the best price at the time of release. I bought it for $680. However, be sure to check if your CC company charge 'foreign transaction fee' if you use CC as your paypal payment option. Some time it can be high (this fee is in addition to the already lower conversion rate you can get from other places).

Shipping to US is fine, they pack the stuff well.

Lee
04-18-2011, 03:30 AM   #18

Location: City of Elliot Lake (North Eastern) Ontario, Canada
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rockyram Quote
Who has dealt with Prodigital2000 and how was the experience?How fast was shipping?Looking to buy a K-5 but am not getting a good feeling dealing with London Drugs which is the local dealer.One store has the body and the next closest store has the 18-135 lens but the store with the lens won't ship it to the store which is 2 minutes from my house without prepayment!The store with the body will ship the body to the store with the lens but after all this I don't think I want to give the lens store any business.Besides PD2000 is about $200 cheaper.
Bought my K5 on Sunday. Got it by Purilator Tuesday. Live 200+ Kms west of Sudbury.
Prevoius purchases equally quick.
04-18-2011, 08:34 AM   #19

Photos: Gallery
I bought a monitor calibrator from them and everything went well. I think you just have to accept they have a much tighter return policy and that's probably one of the things that helps them keep prices low. They're a certified reseller and have a real store with normal people. I'd buy from them again. (I've heard that Mack warranties can be a pain though; but have no experience with that. Nothing to do with PD2000 though.)

04-18-2011, 10:30 AM   #20

I have bought 3 lenses from them (2 Tamrons and a Pentax) - no issues, no trouble & fast shipping to Montreal.

I can recommend

Dave
04-18-2011, 10:48 AM   #21

QuoteOriginally posted by Paul G Quote
They may have altered their practices a bit. I missed their first auction of a 77mm Silver and sent them an email about when they would be getting more and if I could order now. They wouldn't take my order until they had new stock for that item. It may just have been due to limited quantities, but fyi.
I do think they've changed how they do business (for the better), I recall ordering a lens (I think it was the 77/1.8) from them and it was backordered for several weeks, even though it listed some quantitiy available for sale, then when it did arrive, it was just the Ltd box packaging surrounded by a heavy plastic mailing envelope, yikes. It was fine, just slight wear to the box.

More recently I ordered the 21/3.5 from them, and it was packed really well and shipped out quickly.
04-18-2011, 10:53 AM   #22
Forum Member

I'm going with them from now on. In Canada, free shipping, 7 year warranty and good prices.