Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-19-2011, 08:01 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

First the good news: I got my new (third try) K-5 Monday. What a camera! Here is the bad news: I went to PentaxImaging.com, support, register product. The registration form was there nice and neat. I filled in the blanks and hit SUBMIT. Nothing last night. Nothing this morning. I went from aol to internet explorer, did it all over again for the umpteenth time. Still nothing. Finally I went to "CHAT". Paul, my chat mate, and a very pleasant fellow told me that "that" (product registration) was eliminated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It'd have been nice if someone at Pentax had either eliminated the registration selection or form, or had placed a notice somewhere that even if you spent 45 minutes to an hour trying, you could not register your new camera there!!!
Getting the v. 1.03 firmware to download was only slightly easier.
Off to take pictures.

04-19-2011, 08:23 AM   #2

That's pretty lame, I'm not sure if I'm happy with pentax anymore, I got the silver K5 and in 2 weeks I had it has already froze 3 times, one of them during an engagement soot, it was the only camera I had cause I was at work(work at a hotel) super embarrassed me managed to pull the battery out(which I wasn't sure about thinking it could damage the camera), that never happened to me before with ANY camera I have owned, I'm super disappointed, you would think a $1,700 LIMITED EDITION camera would have extra/better QC but after finding out about all the stains & 1001 problems pentax cameras come with I'm not surprised at all, btw I got the K5 to replace a k10d(my 2nd one) that died only after 2000+ shutter actions(after warranty expired of course). PENTAX(HOYA) WTF??!!
Sorry in advance I'm just really disappointed and needed to vent a little.
04-19-2011, 08:46 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You still use AOL?

LOL!