Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-24-2011, 06:05 PM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Doesn't sound good John. Makes me glad I bought the KR now. I was lucky and got a good one with no FF issues.
KR users have nothing to complain about compared to what the K5 owners are putting up with.
I would be sending it back for a refund and using the money to further enjoy your well earned holiday.
Regards
Tony

04-24-2011, 06:17 PM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nobbys Nuts Quote
Doesn't sound good John. Makes me glad I bought the KR now. I was lucky and got a good one with no FF issues.
KR users have nothing to complain about compared to what the K5 owners are putting up with.
I would be sending it back for a refund and using the money to further enjoy your well earned holiday.
Regards
Tony
Yeah I think So Tony. Im quiet happy to just use the K10D. Its a great camera. I will ring them on Wednesday and see what they have to say.
John
04-25-2011, 06:31 AM   #18

Photos: Albums
In AF-S mode mine is fine, in AF-C mode, it does the same thing with a FA lens on. No problems as the camera takes the pic when i fully press the shutter, but it does sound like a bunch of cans rattling when holding the shutter button down half way.
04-25-2011, 03:12 PM   #19

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vario Quote
In AF-S mode mine is fine, in AF-C mode, it does the same thing with a FA lens on. No problems as the camera takes the pic when i fully press the shutter, but it does sound like a bunch of cans rattling when holding the shutter button down half way.
Thanks. Mine is doing it when using the FA* lens as well but in single mose as well and when on the tripod with shutter delay. Try some more today with the sigma 10-20mm see if plays up.Want to be sure before I ring Pentax tomorrow.

04-26-2011, 08:15 PM   #20

it's toast -- it's the mirror assembly

This happened *after* you got it back from repair? Oh no, mine is in for repair for this problem, I hope they manage to fix it. It's not the shutter opening and closing multiple times, it's the mirror assembly moving up and down. They know about this problem at Pentax. It started for me with just just shutter activation, causing multiple clunks which I first thought was the shutter opening and closing multiple times, but only one pic was always taken so that didn't seem to be it. Then it started happening repeatedly when I hit the AF button, and then it started happening with the rear dial. Seems like a circuit board issue, some signal leakage or something. I sent mine in almost six weeks ago, still waiting for it back. The guy on the phone knew exactly what it was. Very discouraging that yours was caused by the repair.
04-27-2011, 01:45 AM   #21

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dandeluca Quote
This happened *after* you got it back from repair? Oh no, mine is in for repair for this problem, I hope they manage to fix it. It's not the shutter opening and closing multiple times, it's the mirror assembly moving up and down. They know about this problem at Pentax. It started for me with just just shutter activation, causing multiple clunks which I first thought was the shutter opening and closing multiple times, but only one pic was always taken so that didn't seem to be it. Then it started happening repeatedly when I hit the AF button, and then it started happening with the rear dial. Seems like a circuit board issue, some signal leakage or something. I sent mine in almost six weeks ago, still waiting for it back. The guy on the phone knew exactly what it was. Very discouraging that yours was caused by the repair.
It wasnt caused because or the repair. I told Pentax about it when I was having focus issues in low light etc.They replaced the circuit board and sensors ets but seems they didnt address the mirror slapping. I found mine only does it when the camera is shooting portrait/ or on a tripod. I havent got the time to send back before trip so taking it with me. I rang Pentax today and tecnician didnt understand what I was talking about. Im not even certain now that my FA*28-70 isnt part of the problem.
John
04-27-2011, 06:41 PM   #22

Only happening with one lens?

It does sound like yours is doing just what mine was doing, but is yours only doing it with one lens? Mine was doing it sporadically for a while, and at first just with the shutter button, but after a while it was doing it all the time, and with all the controls. It's totally night right though, you should send it back and request a new camera. I'm getting frustrated myself waiting for my K5 back -- I was tickled with it while it worked.

05-02-2011, 04:11 AM   #23

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dandeluca Quote
It does sound like yours is doing just what mine was doing, but is yours only doing it with one lens? Mine was doing it sporadically for a while, and at first just with the shutter button, but after a while it was doing it all the time, and with all the controls. It's totally night right though, you should send it back and request a new camera. I'm getting frustrated myself waiting for my K5 back -- I was tickled with it while it worked.
Im off to the US on friday and wont leave it behind.Seems to only do it with my FA* Lenses. Tried it again yesterday while watching triathlon and made a few horrible noises and even sounded like it fired a couple of while I was using the zoom. I have set it to use manual focus and even though i makes horrible sounds it I am getting sharp images. Ill wait until I return to see if it needs sending back.The strong Aussie dollar makes it tempting to look for a second body while in the US.It could just be a lens issue.
John