Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-24-2012, 05:19 AM   #31

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Perhaps. There may be some possible link between freshly charged batteries and 'mirror flop' and other weirdness. It seems that the Pentax battery charger can dump too much juice into the battery, so people who throw the battery into their body straight away are getting power levels initially above spec. Leaving a freshly charged battery overnight, it is suggested, lets it settle down and bleed off a bit of excess current.

Works for me But I keep several batteries already charged and ready to go, which means they may be days (or longer) old, and thus perhaps below full capacity. So I have never had to put a 'hot' battery straight into the camera.
Thanks for the info. I don't think the battery in his camera was fully charged. We shot for an hour or so, then went back to his place to download the pics and that is when he showed me this issue. So at that point I don't think his battery was fully charged.

09-24-2012, 09:33 AM   #32

Photos: Gallery
Tried disabling sensor dust removal upon power up as well as different batteries... did not resolve the issue.