Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-19-2011, 11:12 AM   #166
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Same with big cameras. I may be biased, Mrs Rupert weighed 118 lbs when I married her 45 years ago, weighs the same today.

Best Regards!
Wow ! Mrs Rupert is in her 60s ? Lucky man ..... and well done Mrs Rupert, you look amazing !

05-19-2011, 11:48 AM   #167
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Frogfish Quote
Wow ! Mrs Rupert is in her 60s ? Lucky man ..... and well done Mrs Rupert, you look amazing !
I'm sure Mrs Rupert thanks you! Here she does look a little older than the other two girls, but not by the 40 years she is.

Mrs Rupet...on the right...

Back to the AF...the slowest lens I have to focus is the DA*50-135...just pathetically slow. The fastest....Sigma 10-20 HSM and Sigma 17-70 HSM OS. The lens has a lot to do with AF speed, on any camera.
The 50-135 is just superb at delivering excellent IQ, but if you want it fast, you are out of luck. I use it mostly in MF.
Best Regards!
05-19-2011, 03:27 PM   #168
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
The only Squirrel I think I have ever shot at F 1.4........with the Nokton 58mm. I was very close...see the tiny mosquitoes behind his right ear?
F1.4 is not practical, or even desired for most Squirrel shooting...or I would use it more often than once in a million shots. I think it shocked this little guy?
Regards!
[/url] [/IMG]
IMHO..thats your best squirrel shot Ive seen..I like the limited DOF..the eye is in sharp focus as it should be and the body is starting to be within the circle of confusion ...cool shot
05-19-2011, 10:03 PM   #169
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by Tommot1965 Quote
IMHO..thats your best squirrel shot Ive seen..I like the limited DOF..the eye is in sharp focus as it should be and the body is starting to be within the circle of confusion ...cool shot
Not my best shot, but one I do like for sure....Thanks! I was very close to him, and he let me snap away. I was just trying the Nokton at f1.4, and it did better than I expected.....on a Squirrel!

Best Regards!

05-19-2011, 10:10 PM   #170

lovely mrs rupert! i see you take your pentax almost everywhere...i should do the same.
05-19-2011, 10:47 PM   #171

QuoteOriginally posted by WerTicus Quote
I'll be using the 55 in at least one serious shoot and then I'll know if love it or if i should have kept my da70...
I'm not giving it back! :P I'm absolutely loving it!
05-20-2011, 09:16 PM   #172
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
First good shots out of the 55mm:

Still Life - Sixth Sense Photography

last four images of the set. The rest in that set would be DA limiteds.

Autofocus was spot on, I think one shot was missed focused that i could see which would have been camera error.

Last edited by WerTicus; 05-21-2011 at 01:12 AM.
05-21-2011, 12:27 PM   #173
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by WerTicus Quote
First good shots out of the 55mm:

Still Life - Sixth Sense Photography

last four images of the set. The rest in that set would be DA limiteds.

Autofocus was spot on, I think one shot was missed focused that i could see which would have been camera error.
Well, the one with the dog is awesome. Just a wonderful, ethereal light to it. Also like the other one with the Rottie and (Border Collie?) puppy. Whatever lens that is, it's quite good as well.
07-01-2011, 02:23 AM   #174
Forum Member

Original Poster
bump to update on the story, pentax replaced my camera
funny part is that they did it because they didn't want to waste time on it claiming they see no problems, yet when i went there to demo the problem they could not explain it and just shrug their shoulders, to demostrated the issue i just did simple shot of car registration plate right in front of the tech, it doesn't get easier than that yet focus was messed up so trying to claim there is nothing wrong with the camera is just idiotic.
new camera acts so far bit better compared when it comes to AF to what i can remember but wont know for sure if everything is working right till i test outdoors.
it was manufacutred march 2011 so fingers crossed
07-01-2011, 08:38 PM   #175
Forum Member

Original Poster
after some more testing today in daylight i can confirm that my new k5 acts a lot better, is it perfect? NO, but is back to acting like typical pentax AF as i had in k10d, k20d, k7 plus a lot faster and consistent which is good, there are still some odd issues under different light conditions and i can make it fail really bad on some subjects that were not a problem for older models but now i have camera that i can use with a lot more trust. saying that i wont be buying more pentax gear, what i got now i will use for a while and when next purchase is in view i will keep it as backup and maybe in couple of years i will give it to my son (once he stop breaking everything you put in his hands)